The Pulled Pork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Hmm, that actually sounds really good. I may try that next time. Did you use a fryer or just a pan to fry it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a big old cast iron pan.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      I did pulled pork today and tried something new. I took half of the pork I smoked and fried it crisp and served it up as carnitas. I had a pulled pork sandwich line and a street taco carnitas line. Most people went through both lines, but I got more positive comments about the carnitas than I did for the sandwiches.
      I do that with leftover pulled pork all the time. One of my favorite things about pulled pork leftovers. I try to keep as much of the rendered fat that has hardened after being in the fridge a day or two. A couple of spoonfuls of that heated up in a cast iron then the pulled pork makes for awesome carnitas. Pulled pork is so versatile and really hard to screw up. I love it.

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Planning factor for parkerhouse rolls from Shirley's Bakery? Family gathering this Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
          Planning factor for parkerhouse rolls from Shirley's Bakery? Family gathering this Saturday.
          We usually do 2 per person. Grab them early because they typically run out.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Yeah last time I tried to pick some up the line was out the door and they were gone before I could get any. I just called and placed a preorder.

Comment

• We prefer Lavern's bakery - and we allot 7 rolls person - 10 for me.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

We usually do 2 per person. Grab them early because they typically run out.
                Yep. That was pretty close. We had two dozen people, and I bought five dozen rolls, but ended up with 1.75 dozen left over rolls, which will go quickly with some leftovers. Love those rolls!

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                We prefer Lavern's bakery - and we allot 7 rolls person - 10 for me.
                Clack, where is this Lavern's Bakery you speak of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yep. That was pretty close. We had two dozen people, and I bought five dozen rolls, but ended up with 1.75 dozen left over rolls, which will go quickly with some leftovers. Love those rolls!

Clack, where is this Lavern's Bakery you speak of?
                  Last edited by clackamascoug; 06-06-2021, 01:27 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X