The Pulled Pork Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18790

    #1171
    Originally posted by All-American View Post
    I just want to take a moment and thank pigs for being delicious.

    Comment

    • Pelado
      Bald not naked
      • Sep 2010
      • 21141

      #1172
      Originally posted by All-American View Post
      I just want to take a moment and thank pigs for being delicious.
      A sentiment I often share.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

      Comment

      • Copelius
        Maker of eyeballs
        • Dec 2012
        • 4060

        #1173
        Indeed. Pigs are yummy. I made a habanero spicy bbq sauce with fresh tomatoes from the garden as well. Looking forward to it. Currently in holding phase, which will be about 5 hours based on time to bring to the ward dinner. I love that the dude has such an easy to follow website. Just cannot go wrong.
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

        Comment

        • Copelius
          Maker of eyeballs
          • Dec 2012
          • 4060

          #1174
          Question for the more experienced Butt smokers out there. Has anyone tried scoring the Butt prior to rubbing it. Looks like I am doing Butts again for the ward girl's camp. Wound up being pretty popular last year.

          Speaking of Butts, did you all know that last week was an important anniversary. On March 13, in 1781, William Herschel discovered Uranus while observing what he initially thought was a nebulous cloud.
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

          Comment

          • BigFatMeanie
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 7114

            #1175
            Anyone ever had Alabama white BBQ sauce before? Dang good. I just had some BBQ (brisket and pulled pork) with white sauce on it and it was some of the best BBQ I’ve ever had, and I’ve had BBQ in Austin, Kansas City, Nashville, and of course in Utah.

            EDIT: It was at this place

            Discover SAW's BBQ, Alabama's top destination for authentic Southern barbecue. Enjoy smoked pulled pork, ribs, and more at our Homewood, Southside, Crestline, Avondale, Leeds, and Hoover locations, or book our Street Kitchen food truck for your next event!


            They have a few locations. They say they’re voted best BBQ in Alabama. Although it’s the only BBQ I’ve had in Alabama, it certainly seems reasonable that they would be a contender for the title

            Comment

            • The_Tick
              Made something of myself
              • Nov 2008
              • 7294

              #1176
              Originally posted by Copelius View Post
              Question for the more experienced Butt smokers out there. Has anyone tried scoring the Butt prior to rubbing it. Looks like I am doing Butts again for the ward girl's camp. Wound up being pretty popular last year.

              Speaking of Butts, did you all know that last week was an important anniversary. On March 13, in 1781, William Herschel discovered Uranus while observing what he initially thought was a nebulous cloud.
              I do it all of the time. It helps the fat render a little easier, gets you some more texture, and allows you to get some rub a little deeper.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69703

                #1177
                Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                Anyone ever had Alabama white BBQ sauce before? Dang good. I just had some BBQ (brisket and pulled pork) with white sauce on it and it was some of the best BBQ I’ve ever had, and I’ve had BBQ in Austin, Kansas City, Nashville, and of course in Utah.

                EDIT: It was at this place

                Discover SAW's BBQ, Alabama's top destination for authentic Southern barbecue. Enjoy smoked pulled pork, ribs, and more at our Homewood, Southside, Crestline, Avondale, Leeds, and Hoover locations, or book our Street Kitchen food truck for your next event!


                They have a few locations. They say they’re voted best BBQ in Alabama. Although it’s the only BBQ I’ve had in Alabama, it certainly seems reasonable that they would be a contender for the title
                Might have to do a cheat day on my diet and check that out.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21141

                  #1178
                  Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

                  I do it all of the time. It helps the fat render a little easier, gets you some more texture, and allows you to get some rub a little deeper.
                  Tell me more about this deep rubbing.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • BigFatMeanie
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7114

                    #1179
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                    Might have to do a cheat day on my diet and check that out.
                    They also had peach cobbler (peaches are in season) but I didn’t indulge so I can’t recommend it. But I definitely recommend the brisket and pulled pork.

                    Reading the Sawsbbq website, it says the founder is from North Carolina so the style is closer to Carolina’s style? I have never had BBQ in North Carolina but I like the more vinegary style sauce.

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18790

                      #1180
                      Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                      They also had peach cobbler (peaches are in season) but I didn’t indulge so I can’t recommend it. But I definitely recommend the brisket and pulled pork.

                      Reading the Sawsbbq website, it says the founder is from North Carolina so the style is closer to Carolina’s style? I have never had BBQ in North Carolina but I like the more vinegary style sauce.
                      Now I want peach cobbler!

                      Comment

                      • Jeff Lebowski
                        Corporate lackey for Jesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 69703

                        #1181
                        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

                        They also had peach cobbler (peaches are in season) but I didn’t indulge so I can’t recommend it. But I definitely recommend the brisket and pulled pork.

                        Reading the Sawsbbq website, it says the founder is from North Carolina so the style is closer to Carolina’s style? I have never had BBQ in North Carolina but I like the more vinegary style sauce.
                        Went to the original Moe's BBQ tonight in Tuscaloosa. Turkey platter but had a couple of ribs on the side. Very good.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment

                        • All-American
                          Right, as Usual
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 15665

                          #1182
                          I went to my favorite BBQ recipe website recently so I could pass on a recipe to a member in our ward that has a smoker. This is what I got back:

                          This site can’t be reached


                          The webpage at https://thebbqdude.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

                          ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR
                          ... say it ain't so, dude. say it ain't so.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                          Comment

                          • PaloAltoCougar
                            Semper infra dignitatem
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 16936

                            #1183
                            Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            I went to my favorite BBQ recipe website recently so I could pass on a recipe to a member in our ward that has a smoker. This is what I got back:



                            ... say it ain't so, dude. say it ain't so.
                            Works now, although opening it on Fast Sunday was a mistake.

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69703

                              #1184
                              Originally posted by All-American View Post
                              I went to my favorite BBQ recipe website recently so I could pass on a recipe to a member in our ward that has a smoker. This is what I got back:



                              ... say it ain't so, dude. say it ain't so.
                              Weird. Must have been a wordpress glitch.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • Northwestcoug
                                Cocked and Loaded
                                • May 2011
                                • 18026

                                #1185
                                phew!
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

                                Comment

                                Working...