No announcement yet.

The Pulled Pork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fave sauce is finally back in stock. Won’t help you for this cook, but do yourself a favor and order some for your next.

https://www.storenvy.com/products/13...-hot-bbq-sauce
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      My fave sauce is finally back in stock. Won’t help you for this cook, but do yourself a favor and order some for your next.

https://www.storenvy.com/products/13...-hot-bbq-sauce
      looks delightful. ordered.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        favorite sauce for the crowd that likes their pulled pork sauced?
        http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1423733
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

bruh

thanks. we're doing pickled red onions that are pretty vinegar heavy, so will get the traeger-que.
          Pickled red onion recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
            I haven’t seen the bone in at Costco.
            I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. I wonder if the meat crisis caused them to approach things differently.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
              Pickled red onion recipe?
              https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...-kitchn-193247

i doubled the sugar. they were good, especially on the pulled pork.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...-kitchn-193247

i doubled the sugar. they were good, especially on the pulled pork.
                I'll try this one next time. The recipe I found was simpler but tasted a little harsh. I'll double the sugar also.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• I just smoked four pork roasts for the YSA activity tonight. Sam's Club was out, so I bought them at Costco. About 31 pounds pre-cooked. I'm told 60-70 people is the high end, but since we're doing sandwiches, it should go pretty far. Plus we're cooking some vegi-burgers for those who don't eat meat. YSA's...

If we do run short, the plan is to go buy some of those cooked chickens from Costco to serve. I would have cooked more, but I'm lazy.

Comment

• We ended up with about 16.2 pounds of cooked meat. At 1/4 pound per sandwich average, that works out to about 65 sandwiches. We served 68 sandwiches, and the last two were about two hours into the activity when the last two people showed up. So I guess we were spot on with the meat.

And nothing was ever said about portion control--they all helped themselves.

Comment

• Well done. I’m sure it was delicious. I am curious though. You only got a 50% yield with boneless? That seems off. Normally for me with bone in it’s about 60% yield.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Well done. I’m sure it was delicious. I am curious though. You only got a 50% yield with boneless? That seems off. Normally for me with bone in it’s about 60% yield.
                        I know when I cook for some reason a lot of the end product doesn’t end up on the plate. Not sure how that happens.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Well done. I’m sure it was delicious. I am curious though. You only got a 50% yield with boneless? That seems off. Normally for me with bone in it’s about 60% yield.
                          That threw me too. Not sure if these were more fatty or what. I am very careful in getting rid of the fat, but I was also careful not to throw out actual meat. I probably could have added back more drippings than I did as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

I know when I cook for some reason a lot of the end product doesn’t end up on the plate. Not sure how that happens.
                            There was a little of that as well.

Comment

• I did pulled pork today and tried something new. I took half of the pork I smoked and fried it crisp and served it up as carnitas. I had a pulled pork sandwich line and a street taco carnitas line. Most people went through both lines, but I got more positive comments about the carnitas than I did for the sandwiches.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                                I did pulled pork today and tried something new. I took half of the pork I smoked and fried it crisp and served it up as carnitas. I had a pulled pork sandwich line and a street taco carnitas line. Most people went through both lines, but I got more positive comments about the carnitas than I did for the sandwiches.
                                Hmm, that actually sounds really good. I may try that next time. Did you use a fryer or just a pan to fry it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X