Egg Nog.....Yuletide Plasma

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1992

    #76
    Egg Nog

    Does anyone sell it year round? I buy it as soon as it is on sell and keep buying it well past Christmas. Once I thought I bought egg nog that turned out to be egg yolk used for cooking. Gross. Nice to be able to learn how to make is so I can drink it year round.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #77
      Not sure, but I definitely love it this time of year! Just bought the 1% at trader joes for the first time and I'm loving it. The standard one is just a bit too thick.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • CJF
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8497

        #78
        Can't stand the stuff. I don't mind it as a flavor, like egg nog french toast, but it is nasty as a beverage.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #79
          I actually prefer Silk Nog to the real thing. It's less thick and has way less calories than the real stuff.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • UtahDan
            *
            • Nov 2008
            • 14496

            #80
            Originally posted by CJF View Post
            Can't stand the stuff. I don't mind it as a flavor, like egg nog french toast, but it is nasty as a beverage.
            I have never had Eggnog with rum/bourbon/brandy but I am assuming that is a critical piece of the way it is supposed to taste.

            Comment

            • wuapinmon
              Soul Plumber
              • Dec 2008
              • 30711

              #81
              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              I have never had Eggnog with rum/bourbon/brandy but I am assuming that is a critical piece of the way it is supposed to taste.
              Rum does nothing for it. I can't speak to the other two.

              Sidenote. In Spanish, Rum=ron. egg nog = rompope

              When a nasal consonant like the [n] on 'ron' comes before a bilabial occlusive like the [p] in "pope" then the [n] morphs into an [m] due to the lips shutting off the flow of air through the mouth, forcing it out the nose. So, eggnog in Spanish basically means "rum punch."
              Last edited by wuapinmon; 11-26-2011, 09:21 PM.
              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #82
                I really like eggnog, but only want it around during the holidays. Having it available year round would certainly make me not like it. Too much of a good thing.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #83
                  Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                  Rum does nothing for it. I can't speak to the other two.

                  Sidenote. In Spanish, Rum=ron. egg nog = rompope

                  When a nasal consonant like the [n] on 'ron' comes before a bilabial occlusive like the [p] in "pope" then the [n] morphs into an [m] due to the lips shutting off the flow of air through the mouth, forcing it out the nose. So, eggnog in Spanish basically means "rum punch."
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #84
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I gave you "bilbial." That was a freaking gift, and this is how you repay me?
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #85
                      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                      I really like eggnog, but only want it around during the holidays. Having it available year round would certainly make me not like it. Too much of a good thing.
                      I always wonder how the seasonality of some of these food items impacts their overall sales. Do they make more by limiting how much is sold during the year because there's a certain exclusivity element there? Or would they stand to make more by producing the whole year but limit it for some other reason?
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • Portland Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 5647

                        #86
                        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        Not sure, but I definitely love it this time of year! Just bought the 1% at trader joes for the first time and I'm loving it. The standard one is just a bit too thick.
                        You can always just buy the standard stuff and "water it down" with skim, 1%, etc. milk.

                        I don't like egg nog served neat. I like it mixed into milk like you would Hershey's syrup or something like that.

                        Comment

                        • FN Phat
                          I ♥ gateway sex
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 8691

                          #87
                          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                          I really like eggnog, but only want it around during the holidays. Having it available year round would certainly make me not like it. Too much of a good thing.
                          Agreed. One of the things I look toward every year.
                          I'm your huckleberry.


                          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #88
                            Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            You can always just buy the standard stuff and "water it down" with skim, 1%, etc. milk.
                            That's what I do. Heck, sometimes I just use water!
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • Moliere
                              One man.....one pie
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 27886

                              #89
                              [YOUTUBE]uViJdVVwJ64[/YOUTUBE]

                              BYU eggnog challenge
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                              Comment

                              • marsupial
                                Mississippi Queen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 3678

                                #90
                                Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                                I have never had Eggnog with rum/bourbon/brandy but I am assuming that is a critical piece of the way it is supposed to taste.
                                Danimal makes homemade egg nog every year. It's a danimal family tradition. For the first time ever, we will be making an adult batch and a kid batch. Wish y'all could join us.

                                I grew up drinking the store bought stuff. I like that too, but the fresh stuff is amazing. It's hard to imagine not liking it.
                                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

                                Comment

                                Working...