Egg Nog.....Yuletide Plasma

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fiyero
    Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 5266

    #46
    This is the highest rated Eggnog Cheesecake recipe I could find

    Ingredients

    2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 45)
    6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    32 ounces cream cheese, softened
    1 cup white sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    3 tablespoons rum
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 eggs
    1 cup whipping cream
    4 egg yolks

    Directions

    Mix crumbs, butter and nutmeg; press onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.

    Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, rum and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Blend in whipping cream and egg yolks; pour into crust.

    Bake at 325 degrees F for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with cool whip and ground nutmeg.

    Comment

    • wuapinmon
      Soul Plumber
      • Dec 2008
      • 30711

      #47
      Originally posted by Space Ghost
      No egg nog that contains HFCS should be celebrated. To wit... here is another review:

      Mountain Dairy Egg Nog. Mountain Diary is a "budget-minded" private-label brand I seem to only find at Kroger-owned grocery stores (QFC, Smith's, Fry's, Ralph's, etc). High fructose corn syrup is the second ingredient in this cheap replica of egg nog. I grabbed this at the store only because a one half gallon of the Mountain Dairy product costs far less than one quart of the good stuff. I had one glass of the stuff and then had to lay down - I felt immediately ill. It was so bad that I took it back to the grocery store for a refund... it wasn't sour or past the stamped due date... it was just plain foul tasting. I never take back things to the grocery store... ever, but this product was so bad that I would have hated myself until Christmas if I didn't return it. Buyer beware.

      cheers.
      Drama.
      "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
      The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

      Comment

      • happyone
        Board Bookworm
        • Mar 2009
        • 5398

        #48
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        I think I gained weight just reading this thread.
        I know my blood sugar has gone up 20 points

        I may be small, but I'm slow.

        A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #49
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Drama.
          Hypocrisy.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • marsupial
            Mississippi Queen
            • Nov 2008
            • 3678

            #50
            Father Danimal's Egg Nog (the men make the egg nog in danimal's family)

            6 eggs separated
            3/4 c sugar
            2 tsp vanilla
            1 1/2 c half & half
            1 1/2 c milk
            nutmeg

            beat yolks with sugar until thick. Add vanilla, cream and milk. Beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into yolk mixture. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

            Comment

            • BigPiney
              Huge Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12366

              #51
              Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
              This recipe from the creepy guy from The Food Network has a little less than 25% raw egg.

              http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...pe2/index.html
              WTF??

              Alton Brown is NOT creepy. He is a genius. I am calling you to repentance.

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25268

                #52
                Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                WTF??

                Alton Brown is NOT creepy. He is a genius. I am calling you to repentance.
                His mole is a little creepy. And that's coming from a huge AB fan.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • BigPiney
                  Huge Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12366

                  #53
                  And Vons has this caramel egg nog this year that is Excellent. Tastes nothing like egg nog(probably why it is good).

                  Comment

                  • BigPiney
                    Huge Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12366

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    His mole is a little creepy. And that's coming from a huge AB fan.
                    Woah, I have never noticed the mole before. I was blinded by his food sense. http://www.foodnetwork.com/alton-brown/index.html

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37986

                      #55
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      His mole is a little creepy. And that's coming from a huge AB fan.
                      Does it have chocolate in it?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Donuthole
                        Official Outgayer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 25268

                        #56
                        Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Does it have chocolate in it?
                        Sadly, no. It is full of oyster sauce.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #57
                          Has anyone mentioned egg nog and bourbon?
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #58
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Has anyone mentioned egg nog and bourbon?
                            spiked eggnog...rum or bourbon

                            I am told it is delish. I suppose you are here to confirm?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #59
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              Has anyone mentioned egg nog and bourbon?
                              The recipe that Fiyero posted includes bourbon. BUt I think it all burns off when it is cooked, so it should be WoW complaint.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #60
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                spiked eggnog...rum or bourbon

                                I am told it is delish. I suppose you are here to confirm?
                                It is good, but like xmas music, only at xmastime.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...