The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69717

    #2296
    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

    That was our favorite play we saw in London. It was so good. On Broadway and in London, Mrs Trunchbull is played by a man. Originally for the movie is was supposed to be Ray Fines, but Covid put production on hold. He would have been so good.

    The movie was fun, but it skipped 2 of my favorite songs from the stage version.
    I was surprised by how much they deviated from the stage version (we saw it on Broadway). I thought they made it too serious, but it was still fun.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • BigPiney
      Huge Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 12367

      #2297
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

      I was surprised by how much they deviated from the stage version (we saw it on Broadway). I thought they made it too serious, but it was still fun.
      I would have loved to have seen Stephen Graham sing Telly. He is a great actor and that would have been really fun.

      Comment

      • Green Monstah
        Royal Rooter
        • Aug 2010
        • 13963

        #2298
        My 7 year old is obsessed with the film. Sadly, the musical’s run in NYC ended in 2017. Maybe I can convince my wife to take a trip to London.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

        Comment

        • BigFatMeanie
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7116

          #2299
          I liked the Matilda the Musical the Movie - I especially like the ABC song, it's very clever. I haven't see the musical on stage before so I don't know what I'm missing out on.

          My kids like the Danny DeVito movie version well enough to buy the DVD and put it on our Plex media server, so I've seen it a few times.

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18802

            #2300
            Mrs. Diddley & I see at least one play each time we visit London. We'll have to add this one to the list.

            Comment

            • BigPiney
              Huge Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12367

              #2301
              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Mrs. Diddley & I see at least one play each time we visit London. We'll have to add this one to the list.
              It is really well done. The kids are great.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69717

                #2302
                Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                It is really well done. The kids are great.
                When we saw Matilda on Broadway they had a very large guy play the role of Ms. Trunchbull and he was amazing. The actor that played Matilda's data stole the show too.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • BigPiney
                  Huge Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12367

                  #2303
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                  When we saw Matilda on Broadway they had a very large guy play the role of Ms. Trunchbull and he was amazing. The actor that played Matilda's data stole the show too.
                  Trunchbull had always been cast as a man till the movie.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #2304
                    Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                    Trunchbull had always been cast as a man till the movie.
                    Weird.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • LiveCoug
                      LA Ute loves me
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18488

                      #2305
                      Just finished Wednesday with my older kids. It was surprisingly fun

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13963

                        #2306
                        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                        Trunchbull had always been cast as a man till the movie.
                        Which makes it all the more humorous to me who they chose for the film.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • Green Monstah
                          Royal Rooter
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 13963

                          #2307
                          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                          Just finished Wednesday with my older kids. It was surprisingly fun
                          Yep. Although my 4 and 7 years old have really embraced the mantra "Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty."
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                          Comment

                          • The_Tick
                            Made something of myself
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7295

                            #2308
                            My Netflix sub is up to $19.99 a month. Jeez.

                            Comment

                            • Non Sequitur
                              Where did I put my bodkin
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 5773

                              #2309
                              I've been watching The Murdaugh Murders. SPOILER ALERT: everyone in the family is piece of shit.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                              Comment

                              • MartyFunkhouser
                                Disciple of RNGesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 18754

                                #2310
                                Cunk on Earth is hilarious.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

                                Comment

                                Working...