The "did you know this streams on Netflix?" thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Non Sequitur
    Where did I put my bodkin
    • Nov 2008
    • 5773

    #2251
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

    That was interesting, although I'd guess Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein would like a word. I also liked Martha's comment about how Watergate was actually a good thing, since it would force future politicians to be honest. Maybe not.
    Yeah, the irony of that comment was not lost on me.

    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

    Comment

    • Northwestcoug
      Cocked and Loaded
      • May 2011
      • 18021

      #2252
      That was the weakest Stranger Things season. There were some nice moments. Max really stood out, and the last scenes with Lucas were done well. Loved Eddie’s solo. Great to see Hopper again. I appreciated how the multiple plot lines resolved just in time to save the day. But I also got the impression that they were sort of filler to justify more episodes.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69689

        #2253
        Disagree. Great season.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • USUC
          Chronic Poseur
          • Apr 2010
          • 8790

          #2254
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Disagree. Great season.
          I agree. This is the best season since the first season. I can nitpick a couple of things, but that's just down to personal choice. Breaking up the team into 3 different (and 4 at times) storylines was a good choice.

          I have an ongoing battle with my soon to be 9 year old son because we won't let him watch it. It appears a lot of his friends are watching it. Especially this season. But even the first season has some adult themes I'm not anxious to expose him to yet.

          Comment

          • Northwestcoug
            Cocked and Loaded
            • May 2011
            • 18021

            #2255
            Best season was the first hands down. Toss up for me between the 2nd and 3rd for the next best. I’d probably go with the second because the kids were still charming and they interacted better with each other. But the third had the whole hopper struggling being a dad, and that letter scene with Peter Gabriel’s version of ‘Heroes’ getting me all verklempt, so it’s still right up there.

            still liked the last season, but it wasn’t as good as the others.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69689

              #2256
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Best season was the first hands down. Toss up for me between the 2nd and 3rd for the next best. I’d probably go with the second because the kids were still charming and they interacted better with each other. But the third had the whole hopper struggling being a dad, and that letter scene with Peter Gabriel’s version of ‘Heroes’ getting me all verklempt, so it’s still right up there.

              still liked the last season, but it wasn’t as good as the others.
              Kind of unrealistic to compare it to season 1.

              IMDB ratings by season:

              Season 1 - 8.9
              Season 2 - 8.8
              Season 3 - 8.7
              Season 4 - 8.7

              That is remarkable consistency. Netflix's biggest hit.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Northwestcoug
                Cocked and Loaded
                • May 2011
                • 18021

                #2257
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                Kind of unrealistic to compare it to season 1.

                IMDB ratings by season:

                Season 1 - 8.9
                Season 2 - 8.8
                Season 3 - 8.7
                Season 4 - 8.7

                That is remarkable consistency. Netflix's biggest hit.
                Just my opinion bro.
                How would you rank them?
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69689

                  #2258
                  Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

                  Just my opinion bro.
                  How would you rank them?
                  Season 1 was amazing. Hard to top that. We have enjoyed each season. This past season was dark, but still good.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Green Monstah
                    Royal Rooter
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13955

                    #2259
                    Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Did not particularly appreciate that Ozarks ending. The wrong people got killed.
                    Spoiler for Spoiler:
                    Killing the Byrds was too obvious. Things I liked about the finale: the way Ruth went down. She knew it was coming and took it like a badass. I even liked the final scene. Jonah had become a sympathetic character over time. He called his mom's BS, and I respected him for it. But really, he was pulling the same shit. He was just as morally bankrupt as the rest. And he finally utilized the self defense mechanisms he'd been working on to prove how corrupt he really was. Maybe I just like it because I didn't see it coming, but it was a solid final scene, IMO. This is, of course, all against a backdrop of "there's no way in hell any family could be this stupid and still stay alive" backdrop from the last season and a half.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                    Comment

                    • UVACoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 2685

                      #2260
                      Interesting new show on Netflix about a couple of young activists from Southern California. You may have seen a few of their videos on YouTube before. Here’s a clip:



                      Chad and JT Go Deep

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21139

                        #2261
                        Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                        Interesting new show on Netflix about a couple of young activists from Southern California. You may have seen a few of their videos on YouTube before. Here’s a clip:



                        Chad and JT Go Deep
                        Those guys are hilarious.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #2262
                          Anyone want to buy the Byers house?

                          https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...52272588_zpid/

                          Comment

                          • Non Sequitur
                            Where did I put my bodkin
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 5773

                            #2263
                            I tried to watch the new Dahmer limited series. I made it through two episodes before I had to tap out. I'm as fascinated by serial killers as the next guy, but Dahmer was extra level depraved. Had to turn it off.
                            Last edited by Non Sequitur; 09-24-2022, 05:59 AM.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69689

                              #2264
                              Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                              I tried to watch the new Dahmer limited series. I made it through two episodes before I had to tap out. I'm as fascinated by serial killers as much as the next guy, but Dahmer was extra level depraved. Had to turn it off.
                              We watched the first episode tonight. I think we are done too.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • Art Vandelay
                                Striving for mediocrity
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 10516

                                #2265
                                “The Shadow of Violence” is excellent . Intense and sometimes hard to follow the Irish accents, but worth the watch.

                                Comment

                                Working...