Breaking Bad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The_Douger
    Athletic Supporter
    • Jun 2012
    • 5413

    #886
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    In terms of how this thing ends, we were speculating that maybe the drug dealer guys end up killing Walt's family and then he is out for revenge with the big gun. I was thinking about it, and it makes a lot of sense. Walt started this entire adventure as a way to provide for his family before his death from cancer. To have it then get reversed such that Walt ends up right where he was facing certain death but with his family all dead due to his actions would represent some nice symmetry. I can certainly see the writers going in that direction.
    My brother and I were talking about this last night, and he thinks the Aryan Nation guys are going to try and "encourage" Walt to come back and cook for them. They sure took out Declan and the gang easily.

    I've kind of been wondering if the Czech's are going to send a team of hitmen over here to try and protect their interests. Lydia is kind of a loose end that has managed to stay alive through this, and I think she will have a part to play before it's all said and done.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25268

      #887
      Originally posted by scottie View Post
      I wonder what Lydia did with her cell phone. She didn't type into it.
      Initially, I thought maybe she was checking GPS coordinates or maps or something to see if she could trangulate her location (since she came in blindfolded). But that was when I was assuming the overhead attack was a surprise to her. However, when she took cover even before the shooting started, and when Todd immediately came to the hatch and yelled for her, it became clear that she had contacted Todd to orchestrate the coup. So in retrospect, maybe she was checking a text message from Todd?
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #888
        in the scene at hank and marie's house, it seemed like there was even more purple than usual. is that wrong? does it mean anything?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #889
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          In terms of how this thing ends, we were speculating that maybe the drug dealer guys end up killing Walt's family and then he is out for revenge with the big gun. I was thinking about it, and it makes a lot of sense. Walt started this entire adventure as a way to provide for his family before his death from cancer. To have it then get reversed such that Walt ends up right where he was facing certain death but with his family all dead due to his actions would represent some nice symmetry. I can certainly see the writers going in that direction.
          Walt appears to be alone at the end. And appearing to be prepping for a battle of force.

          family (only Skyler has to be dead for him to be alone, as his kids could be in custody):
          --Skyler double crosses him, turns him, and is in hiding or being protected
          --dead, killed by Walt (motive? she's turned on him and he kills her to avoid imprisonment)
          --dead killed by Lydia's organization (motive? they think Skyler's a threat or impeding something? accidental/collateral damage, ie they bomb Walt's house and Walt escapes)

          I'm not satisfied with any of these theories right now but lean towards last one.

          the opposition in the battle of force:
          --Lydia's organization
          --Hank/police: motive they turned Skyler against him and he lost his family
          --Skyler. She's the target and she's being protected by police.

          I really want to root for Walt to the end, so I hope none of it involves him doing something dastardly to Skyler.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69713

            #890
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            I really want to root for Walt to the end, so I hope none of it involves him doing something dastardly to Skyler.
            LOL. Look at you.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #891
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Initially, I thought maybe she was checking GPS coordinates or maps or something to see if she could trangulate her location (since she came in blindfolded). But that was when I was assuming the overhead attack was a surprise to her. However, when she took cover even before the shooting started, and when Todd immediately came to the hatch and yelled for her, it became clear that she had contacted Todd to orchestrate the coup. So in retrospect, maybe she was checking a text message from Todd?
              I thought she was checking the time because she knew when the hit was coming.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #892
                Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                in the scene at hank and marie's house, it seemed like there was even more purple than usual. is that wrong? does it mean anything?
                I particularly loved the purple tea kettle. lol.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #893
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  I thought she was checking the time because she knew when the hit was coming.
                  That makes sense, too.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • PaloAltoCougar
                    Semper infra dignitatem
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 16937

                    #894
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    LOL. Look at you.
                    I confess there's a part of me that wants Walt to experience some kind of redemptive end, even though the degree and extent of the evil the guy has wrought are pretty much irredeemable (perhaps in Spirit Prison!).

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69713

                      #895
                      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Walt appears to be alone at the end. And appearing to be prepping for a battle of force.

                      family (only Skyler has to be dead for him to be alone, as his kids could be in custody):
                      --Skyler double crosses him, turns him, and is in hiding or being protected
                      --dead, killed by Walt (motive? she's turned on him and he kills her to avoid imprisonment)
                      --dead killed by Lydia's organization (motive? they think Skyler's a threat or impeding something? accidental/collateral damage, ie they bomb Walt's house and Walt escapes)

                      I'm not satisfied with any of these theories right now but lean towards last one.

                      the opposition in the battle of force:
                      --Lydia's organization
                      --Hank/police: motive they turned Skyler against him and he lost his family
                      --Skyler. She's the target and she's being protected by police.

                      I really want to root for Walt to the end, so I hope none of it involves him doing something dastardly to Skyler.
                      Seems pretty simple to me: they try to force Walt to cook again, or teach them how to do it. Threatening him will not work because he is going to die soon anyway so the only leverage they have is to kidnap his family and threaten their lives.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • jay santos
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 13652

                        #896
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        LOL. Look at you.
                        What?

                        Comment

                        • Flystripper
                          Degenerate Gambler
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14094

                          #897
                          I don't like what it probably says about me, but I am still really rooting for Walt.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69713

                            #898
                            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            I love the new angle with Hank. The writers are really forcing the audience to make tough decisions who they are rooting for. I never liked Hank much for some reason and always have wanted Walt to win. Makes it easier for me now.
                            I am going to mock you for this too. You want the evil, cold-blooded murderer to win because Hank is kind of annoying? That's messed up!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69713

                              #899
                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              What?
                              You said:

                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              I really want to root for Walt to the end, so I hope none of it involves him doing something dastardly to Skyler.
                              First of all, one of the most remarkable things about this show (Gilligan has noted this several times) is that no matter how evil and depraved Walt becomes, there are still some fans rooting for him.

                              Second, after all he has done up to this point, how could his morality depend on what he does with Skylar?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • jay santos
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 13652

                                #900
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I am going to mock you for this too. You want the evil, cold-blooded murderer to win because Hank is kind of annoying? That's messed up!
                                Walt is a bad guy. But he's so likable. We cheer for different characters, teams, etc, for a variety of reasons, not just who is the most moral.

                                Comment

                                Working...