No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking Beatles as well. Elvis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      I was thinking Beatles as well. Elvis?
      That’s two.

Elvis’s was his hit ‘Don’t be Cruel’ and actually it’s B-side ‘Hound Dog’.

The Beatles did it twice in the early 60’s. I can’t remember which songs they were.

The 70’s band is a harder one.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        That’s two.

The Beatles did it twice in the early 60’s. I can’t remember which songs they were.

If we're talking 70's, I'd guess Elton John, Bee Gees, or maybe Paul McCartney?

Comment

That’s two.

I'd guess The Eagles.
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

That’s two.

I'd guess Saturday Night Fever figures in this (great soundtrack).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              If we're talking 70's, I'd guess Elton John, Bee Gees, or maybe Paul McCartney?
              It was harder for me. Bee Gees.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I'd guess Saturday Night Fever figures in this (great soundtrack).
                Yep. I can’t remember which two songs, but I’m sure Staying Alive was one of them.
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Yep. I can’t remember which two songs, but I’m sure Staying Alive was one of them.
                  Probably Night Fever. How Deep Is Your Love another possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Beatles
                    Michael Jackson

No idea
                    That’s exactly what I would have guessed.

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    How Deep Is Your Love
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• My daughter had her first day of "Behind the Wheel" driver's ed today. She is cautious by nature, so the teacher told her several times to speed up. Once, in an effort, I suppose, to impress upon her the importance of getting within hailing distance of the speed limit, he told her that the number 1 cause of traffic accidents was slow driving.

I am certainly no highway safety expert, but I am a little suspicious of that claim.

Comment

• Not sure which three recesses of my brain my subconscious randomly picked for my dream last night. But it ended up with me and Pelado eating cinnamon buns while singing along to Van Halen’s ‘Black and Blue’. I’ve...never met Pelado.
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Not sure which three recesses of my brain my subconscious randomly picked for my dream last night. But it ended up with me and Pelado eating cinnamon buns while singing along to Van Halen’s ‘Black and Blue’. I’ve...never met Pelado.
                          As long as we didn't go up Rock Canyon, I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            As long as we didn't go up Rock Canyon, I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            It might have led to that, if only I hadn't been woken up before the song ended.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

It might have led to that, if only I hadn't been woken up before the song ended.
                              Maybe next time.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Afternoon Delight?
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X