Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14094

    #3391
    have to agree and I even participated
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • Bo Diddley
      Senior
      • Jul 2012
      • 18802

      #3392
      Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      i don't think a thread on our chat blog has ever taken a more boring turn than this
      Ok, I'll look it up for you.

      Old: 1661
      Gregg: 31346
      Both: 1 or less

      Comment

      • originalsocal
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 1632

        #3393
        The situation is not funny at all, but I did a double take after reading the first sentence. Punctuation is hard.

        Arkansas authorities found the body of a 25-year-old woman who disappeared Wednesday when she went for a jog and said she was murdered, according to reports.


        “Arkansas authorities found the body of a 25-year-old woman
        who disappeared Wednesday when she went for a jog and said she was murdered, according to reports.“

        Comment

        • Scott R Nelson
          UofU/BYU mixed marriage
          • Apr 2010
          • 1508

          #3394
          What the ???

          I've reached the point in my life where I have to use one of those little pill cases with one bin per day. Each day has a single letter on the lid indicating the day of the week. The S for Saturday is almost worn off. I leave the lids open after I've taken the pills for that day. So today I was looking at the letters for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was surprised that I hadn't noticed that letter combination before.

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21143

            #3395
            Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
            I've reached the point in my life where I have to use one of those little pill cases with one bin per day. Each day has a single letter on the lid indicating the day of the week. The S for Saturday is almost worn off. I leave the lids open after I've taken the pills for that day. So today I was looking at the letters for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was surprised that I hadn't noticed that letter combination before.
            My dad used one of those, too. Except the seven bins were for just one day.

            Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • onlinezoom

              #3396
              Zoom offers several ways to schedule meetings. The host manages the scheduled meeting options, except for settings that the administrator has locked for all users or all members in the account.

              schedule a zoom meeting

              Comment

              • beefytee
                Board eye candy
                • Mar 2009
                • 7542

                #3397
                Interesting stuff there onlinezoom. Speaking of virtual meetings and playoffs. Have you seen the cool "Together Mode" that Microsoft Teams has been using to show NBA fans at the playoff games?

                Comment

                • Pelado
                  Bald not naked
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 21143

                  #3398
                  Speaking of Zoom and such, do any of you have suggestions on the best platforms for hosting webinars?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

                  Comment

                  • All-American
                    Right, as Usual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 15669

                    #3399
                    Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    Speaking of Zoom and such, do any of you have suggestions on the best platforms for hosting webinars?
                    I recommend the internet.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                    Comment

                    • Pelado
                      Bald not naked
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 21143

                      #3400
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      I recommend the internet.
                      Thanks. Hadn't considered that one yet.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16938

                        #3401
                        I have to lead a discussion tomorrow on Gospel Learning in the Time of COVID, focusing on how we can help families and individuals during this rough stretch. I'm using the following quote from Tennessee Williams in an interview nearly 40 years ago at the end of his life.

                        Everything that is tearing us down today will become a memory, and this memory will be shared as an anecdote or a story or a poem or a play or a warning. It will be shared with another human being, who will then understand that he is not alone in his sadness. This is why we show up for others and tell our tales and listen to others. The great congregation meets daily, and you are someone’s angel today.

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18802

                          #3402
                          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          I have to lead a discussion tomorrow on Gospel Learning in the Time of COVID, focusing on how we can help families and individuals during this rough stretch. I'm using the following quote from Tennessee Williams in an interview nearly 40 years ago at the end of his life.
                          I really like that. It sounds an awful lot like much of what goes on here.

                          Comment

                          • Katy Lied
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 9435

                            #3403
                            Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            I have to lead a discussion tomorrow on Gospel Learning in the Time of COVID, focusing on how we can help families and individuals during this rough stretch. I'm using the following quote from Tennessee Williams in an interview nearly 40 years ago at the end of his life.
                            You are great at this kind of thing.

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21143

                              #3404
                              My first flight ever was Delta flight 306 from Salt Lake City to Dallas/Fort Worth on Monday, October 30, 1995. The itinerary lists the plane as "763" which I assume means a Boeing 767-300.

                              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #3405
                                Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                My first flight ever was Delta flight 306 from Salt Lake City to Dallas/Fort Worth on Monday, October 30, 1995. The itinerary lists the plane as "763" which I assume means a Boeing 767-300.

                                Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                yes. pour one out for the domestic widebodies.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...