Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Northwestcoug
    Cocked and Loaded
    • May 2011
    • 18026

    #2371
    Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Really? How is that?
    I don't know. My head hurts trying to understand what you're arguing. You win.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69704

      #2372
      Ten more situations where true christians should refuse to bake those wedding cakes. All based on sound biblical principles of course.

      On June 4, 2018, the Supreme Court narrowly ruled in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a cake for a gay couple, marking what was, to many, an
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27881

        #2373
        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Ten more situations where true christians should refuse to bake those wedding cakes. All based on sound biblical principles of course.

        http://www.patheos.com/blogs/formerl...wedding-cakes/
        I once made some similar arguments to make a similar point. I swear patheos is stealing my material!

        I do wonder how the refusal to bake a cake would hold up under the defense that it's against our religion to celebrate a gay wedding. There is no sin in baking a cake for a gay wedding. There is no commandment against it. Now if I was being forced into a gay marriage, then I guess I'd have an argument...but maybe not until I was actually forced to have gay sex.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • Pelado
          Bald not naked
          • Sep 2010
          • 21141

          #2374
          Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          I once made some similar arguments to make a similar point. I swear patheos is stealing my material!

          I do wonder how the refusal to bake a cake would hold up under the defense that it's against our religion to celebrate a gay wedding. There is no sin in baking a cake for a gay wedding. There is no commandment against it. Now if I was being forced into a gay marriage, then I guess I'd have an argument...but maybe not until I was actually forced to have gay sex.
          Why would you presume that gay sex would be a part of gay marriage?
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

          Comment

          • Moliere
            One man.....one pie
            • Oct 2009
            • 27881

            #2375
            Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            Why would you presume that gay sex would be a part of gay marriage?


            I didn't.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8524

              #2376
              Poor Pelado.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • Pelado
                Bald not naked
                • Sep 2010
                • 21141

                #2377
                Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                Poor Pelado.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #2378
                  The son of the Baltimore "Mom of the Year" probably wasn't anywhere near the riots. Sjbh.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • Katy Lied
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 9435

                    #2379
                    There is no better place on earth to be than out on the water looking toward land. Sun beating down on your shoulders, salt spray clogging your eyelashes, the water a deep purple blue, not a cloud in the sky. I don't know what people mean when they say they are one with the ocean. I am never one with the sea; I am freaking lord and master of the entire Pacific. It belongs to me and I control every wave, current and sea creature from Kaena Point to Barber's Point.

                    Today I am following an amiable turtle as he skims along the outer fringes of the reef at Pray For Sex Beach. I am pretty sure that Heaven has 65 degree water the exact color it is on earth today.

                    Comment

                    • Dwight Schr-ute
                      Members Only
                      • May 2011
                      • 4917

                      #2380
                      Not sure why there's so much excitement about the lady in a wheel chair winning a treadmill on The Price is Right. It's not like she's going to get any less use out of it than any other contestant that shows up on The Price is Right.
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                      Comment

                      • old_gregg
                        scaly man fish
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 16915

                        #2381
                        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        There is no better place on earth to be than out on the water looking toward land. Sun beating down on your shoulders, salt spray clogging your eyelashes, the water a deep purple blue, not a cloud in the sky. I don't know what people mean when they say they are one with the ocean. I am never one with the sea; I am freaking lord and master of the entire Pacific. It belongs to me and I control every wave, current and sea creature from Kaena Point to Barber's Point.

                        Today I am following an amiable turtle as he skims along the outer fringes of the reef at Pray For Sex Beach. I am pretty sure that Heaven has 65 degree water the exact color it is on earth today.
                        yeah but rip tides suck though
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                        Comment

                        • Joe Public
                          8.1 YPC
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 8524

                          #2382
                          Getting my RCV on:

                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                          Comment

                          • creekster
                            It is NOT a monkey!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22661

                            #2383
                            This is pretty funny
                            Pizza Hut just posted this humorous 2.5-minute commercial public service announcement warning that "egotastic specimens of visual self obsession" (AKA
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                            Comment

                            • RC Vikings
                              Known Heterosexual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8789

                              #2384
                              Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              That is a beautiful plane.

                              Comment

                              • old_gregg
                                scaly man fish
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 16915

                                #2385
                                Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                very fitting that it's a dash-8, built to transfer miserable poor people between shitty flyover towns too poor to afford a runway that can accommodate real commercial traffic
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                                Comment

                                Working...