Official Motorcycle Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10449

    #76
    I ride an EXC with is technically a dual sport although it's close to a track bike than a street machine. I've been considering getting an adventure bike but haven't quite decided between it or a side by side. One of these days I'll make a decision. I'm assuming that's the 790 Adventure. Totally sweet bike.

    Comment

    • Walter Sobchak
      Adventurer
      • Oct 2009
      • 3815

      #77
      A colleague has an electric motorcycle, some brand from India. Parks it, pulls the battery, carries it into his office, plugs it into a wall socket. I floated the idea by the wife... "Are you going to sell your motorcycle?" Heck, no! Sheesh. Just want another one.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

      Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

      Comment

      • chrisrenrut
        Strikes and Gutters
        • Jul 2009
        • 2298

        #78
        Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        A colleague has an electric motorcycle, some brand from India. Parks it, pulls the battery, carries it into his office, plugs it into a wall socket. I floated the idea by the wife... "Are you going to sell your motorcycle?" Heck, no! Sheesh. Just want another one.
        The old N+1 formula. How many bikes are enough? N+1, where N=current bikes. Works for bicycles or motorcycles.

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #79
          Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
          The old N+1 formula. How many bikes are enough? N+1, where N=current bikes. Works for bicycles or motorcycles.
          And guitars.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • Scott R Nelson
            UofU/BYU mixed marriage
            • Apr 2010
            • 1508

            #80
            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            I'm assuming that's the 790 Adventure. Totally sweet bike.
            I'm surprised anybody here would recognize that bike. It's the 790R with the more advanced suspension. They're still in short supply and high demand. I didn't think I could get one until next summer, but the local dealer got a few extra ones in that they didn't expect. I was surprised when they called me to tell me my bike was here. Great Christmas present.

            Comment

            • Shaka
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 10449

              #81
              Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
              I'm surprised anybody here would recognize that bike. It's the 790R with the more advanced suspension. They're still in short supply and high demand. I didn't think I could get one until next summer, but the local dealer got a few extra ones in that they didn't expect. I was surprised when they called me to tell me my bike was here. Great Christmas present.
              I'm a KTM and Yamaha guy.

              Comment

              • chrisrenrut
                Strikes and Gutters
                • Jul 2009
                • 2298

                #82
                Bump for Copelius. Tell us what kind of bike you are thinking about getting as your 4th.

                Comment

                • Copelius
                  Maker of eyeballs
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 4061

                  #83
                  Looking at a 2014 HD Ultra Limited
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                  Comment

                  • Copelius
                    Maker of eyeballs
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 4061

                    #84
                    Never mind. Took it for a test ride and my carpal tunnel in my hand cannot handle the clutch. I must be getting old.
                    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                    Comment

                    • chrisrenrut
                      Strikes and Gutters
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 2298

                      #85
                      Might be time to look at an electric motorcycle. Zero is the most common, and a pet of their pitch is no, shifting, vibration, or noise. I have seen a few out on the road.

                      H-D makes one as well, but I don’t know much about it.

                      Comment

                      • Copelius
                        Maker of eyeballs
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 4061

                        #86
                        I may look into it.
                        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                        Comment

                        • The_Tick
                          Made something of myself
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7295

                          #87
                          I want a fat tire golf motorcycle.

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12366

                            #88
                            Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            I want a fat tire golf motorcycle.
                            I did not know that was a thing. that looks awesome.

                            Comment

                            • The_Tick
                              Made something of myself
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7295

                              #89
                              Originally posted by BigPiney View Post

                              I did not know that was a thing. that looks awesome.
                              Yep...and at my size, the wider the tire the easier it is on the course. I'm a gentlemen like that.

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #90
                                I came across a listing for a Kawasaki Vulcan Custom that had been stolen, had the ignitiion cut out be the thieves, recovered, and dumped on its side in a low speed tip over so the tank and pipes were dented. The bike was recovered before an insurance claim was filed so the title is still normal. I went to check it out and once I deteremined the engine wasn't siezed I offered $1000. The guy took the offer and I've spent the last several months restoring. The last thing I need to do is respray the tank as I sanded through the clear coat the first go-round. My thousand dollar bike is now worth four times that and runs like a dream. Fun project.

                                Comment

                                Working...