Official Motorcycle Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Devildog
    Motor Boatin' SOB
    • Oct 2010
    • 1239

    #31
    That last pic, the one with the custom tank paint is a Big Dog chopper. The controls are unique.

    I wish you would have made it this year. A couple brothers riding old original 50's Harleys were going through the Draper foothills - winding roads - standing on their seats, taking the turns, with their arms out like Indian Larry.

    Crazy bastards.
    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
    -Thucydides

    "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
    -Miyamoto Musashi

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

    Comment

    • Non Sequitur
      Where did I put my bodkin
      • Nov 2008
      • 5773

      #32
      Originally posted by Devildog View Post
      I wish you would have made it this year. A couple brothers riding old original 50's Harleys were going through the Draper foothills - winding roads - standing on their seats, taking the turns, with their arms out like Indian Larry.
      How'd that work out for Indian Larry?
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

      Comment

      • FN Phat
        I ♥ gateway sex
        • Feb 2009
        • 8691

        #33
        Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        How'd that work out for Indian Larry?
        No shit.
        I'm your huckleberry.


        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

        Comment

        • FN Phat
          I ♥ gateway sex
          • Feb 2009
          • 8691

          #34
          Originally posted by Devildog View Post
          That last pic, the one with the custom tank paint is a Big Dog chopper. The controls are unique.

          I wish you would have made it this year. A couple brothers riding old original 50's Harleys were going through the Draper foothills - winding roads - standing on their seats, taking the turns, with their arms out like Indian Larry.

          Crazy bastards.
          This one in the local craigslist caught my eye. If I was looking for an interesting project this would be a good start.
          I'm your huckleberry.


          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #35
            Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
            This one in the local craigslist caught my eye. If I was looking for an interesting project this would be a good start.
            As long as you have an endless supply of oil. The flatheads (and panheads, I think) were known for leaking oil profusely (it was intentional per the design, IIRC).
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • Devildog
              Motor Boatin' SOB
              • Oct 2010
              • 1239

              #36
              Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
              Looks very similar to this but with black apes and the wheel is black:

              Those bikes are great to ride, they are so comfortable and laid back. Apes and the 21" front would look sick.

              My next bike will be something similar... only this time I need a stereo. So I'll probably pick up a Street Glide. Hard bags for storage, add a quick release trunk and a better seat for the wife to ride on for the longer rides.

              I'm keeping the hardtail bar hopper forever. Just need something more comfortable for my wife.

              Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              Here's a picture of my bike before the studded seats and back rest:
              Nice. Good ride. My buddy bought the boulevard version of that bike with the new 1800 cc engine (I think that's it). He used to ride a liter bike GSX. Loved the Suzuki brand. He liked the transition from sport bike to cruiser. He rides a Harley for the Highway Patrol but I think he's in line for one of their new BMW's.

              Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
              This one in the local craigslist caught my eye. If I was looking for an interesting project this would be a good start.
              Way cool. The newer bikes sure are a lot easier to take care of though. The older bikes are a lot more maintenance intensive.

              I'm lazy. I just want to ride... when it comes to cleaning my bike my friends are always giving me shit. I wash it once a summer. I have a Hummer that hasn't been washed in two years. Every time I clean it someone wanted to go wheelin' and it would just get filthy again... so I don't bother.

              My friends ride hardcore choppers with wrapped pipes and flat black paint... and they are spotless compared to my custom chrome and billet barge.
              Last edited by Devildog; 07-22-2011, 05:21 PM.
              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
              -Thucydides

              "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
              -Miyamoto Musashi

              Si vis pacem, para bellum

              Comment

              • Devildog
                Motor Boatin' SOB
                • Oct 2010
                • 1239

                #37
                Police motorcycle maneuverability course competition.

                Putting a full dresser through that course take some skills.

                [YOUTUBE]ZVF50MbnsBA[/YOUTUBE]
                "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                -Thucydides

                "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                -Miyamoto Musashi

                Si vis pacem, para bellum

                Comment

                • FN Phat
                  I ♥ gateway sex
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 8691

                  #38
                  Wow. That is damn impressive.
                  I'm your huckleberry.


                  "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #39
                    Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    Wow. That is damn impressive.
                    Damn. That was impressive.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #40
                      Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                      Wow. That is damn impressive.
                      Yeah, I've seen that before. That is the police version of my bike, and ain't no way I can do anything close to that.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      • Devildog
                        Motor Boatin' SOB
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 1239

                        #41
                        Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                        Yeah, I've seen that before. That is the police version of my bike, and ain't no way I can do anything close to that.
                        Hey man do you have any pics of your ride? Post 'em if you do.
                        "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                        -Thucydides

                        "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                        -Miyamoto Musashi

                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

                        Comment

                        • Pheidippides
                          Liberal Feminazi
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 14759

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                          Hey man do you have any pics of your ride? Post 'em if you do.
                          There's some floating around here (including the bit where Donuthole dubbed it "teal"), but I can't find the thread. So here are a couple:





                          No, I do NOT ride in shorts (although many around here do). This was taken in my driveway for some reason I can't remember.
                          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                          Comment

                          • Devildog
                            Motor Boatin' SOB
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 1239

                            #43
                            Nice.

                            I love Road Kings.

                            I wasn't aware of the teal discussion. That is particularly funny to me, because of someone else I know whose bike really is teal... seafoam green to be exact.

                            He has a huge button about it that just about everyone like to push.
                            "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                            -Thucydides

                            "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                            -Miyamoto Musashi

                            Si vis pacem, para bellum

                            Comment

                            • Devildog
                              Motor Boatin' SOB
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1239

                              #44
                              My friend has customized his Heritage Softail a lot since this picture was taken... but he left the color the same. He likes it and thinks it has a classic look.

                              "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                              -Thucydides

                              "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                              -Miyamoto Musashi

                              Si vis pacem, para bellum

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #45
                                Originally posted by Devildog View Post
                                My friend has customized his Heritage Softail a lot since this picture was taken... but he left the color the same. He likes it and thinks it has a classic look.

                                If I had to own an HD the Heritage Softail would be the model.

                                Comment

                                Working...