If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
We encouraged our daughters to dress very warm this morning since the temperature was expected to be near zero while they waited for the bus.
Another 3ish inches of snow expected tonight.
"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
- Goatnapper'96
-11 this morning in Minneapolis. I haven’t yet ventured outside, but I was walking around last night when it was -4. I have not experienced cold like that in a long time.
"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
It’ll probably hit the high teens in north Houston this week. We’ve got two inches of snow predicted for Tuesday, which means school has been cancelled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
It’ll probably hit the high teens in north Houston this week. We’ve got two inches of snow predicted for Tuesday, which means school has been cancelled for Tuesday and Wednesday.
-15 today in Minneapolis, warming up later after I leave. This is inhumanly cold, what with the humidity and all. I’ve been in Calgary when it was -35. This bites just as much.
"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
"You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
- SeattleUte
If today's high in SLCo was the summer average (or even if it happened once a week), I'd be a summer person.
It was so nice today.
"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
"It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
"Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster
There has not been a hurricane in the Atlantic yet in 2026. That is a record (at least since we've been keeping data) for the latest we've ever gone without a hurricane. I find that very unusual given the record temperatures all over the world. Is it possible that increased temperatures are actually limiting hurricanes in the Atlantic for various reasons (increased wind shear, more Saharan dust, etc.)?
I fully acknowledge that the Pacific has been very active with hurricanes.
"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf
That was quite a storm yesterday. Hail, wind and trees branches all over the streets. A tornado actually set down in Fruit Heights!!
I may be small, but I'm slow.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."
That was quite a storm yesterday. Hail, wind and trees branches all over the streets. A tornado actually set down in Fruit Heights!!
I was in my front yard in Centerville, about to put license plates on my car, when it looked like the dark clouds above starting to swirl. I went to my front door to tell my wife to come and see. Just as we came back out, a sudden microburst wind hit that had to be about 70 mph. three elementary school kids from our ward were walking home nearby, and we told them to come in the house for a few minutes. They were all pretty shaken up.
I had left my new license plates on the ground, and they blew away. We found them two houses down in their yard among the many tree branches that were broken off by the wind.
My brother had golf ball sized hail at his house in West Layton. We had the pea gravel sized hail, but it covered the lawn and the deck. Melted in about an hour though once the storm had passed.
I may be small, but I'm slow.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."
Comment