Best iPhone/iPod Apps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18489

    #76
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    Buy them from iTunes. I wouldn't normally say that but I think this would be best.
    Why is this best? If you buy a movie on Itunes, is it protected like a itunes music file? Would I be able to put it on my wifes MP3 video player? Seems like most movies are quite pricy on Itunes too...

    Ripping DVD's is much smarter in my opinion. You can import the file to itunes and you still have a digital copy that can be transferred etc...

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #77
      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Why is this best?


      Because it is DDD.

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18489

        #78
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        Because it is DDD.
        You make a valid point. Thank you.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69735

          #79
          Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Handbrake is very simple to use and does a great job for me. The price is right as well. I have only used it on Mac OS X and Linsux. I have no idea how it does on Windows. For me and my house we don't do windos.
          I have not used Handbrake, but from what I understand, it does not strip out the copy protection so one would have to use a separate app for that, no? I kind of doubt that would be the simplest route for DDD.

          Here is a review of some popular tools:

          You pay good money for your DVDs, but they're hardly the only format you need these days. These five ripping tools ensure you can back them up, keep t


          I have tried all of them but handbrake. DVDFab was by far the most complete and easiest to use. They do discounts frequently (currently offering 25% off) so the $35 or so that I spent seemed to be well worth the time savings.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #80
            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            Because it is DDD.
            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            You make a valid point. Thank you.


            i can figure it out, thanks.

            For example, I just called 1-800-apl-care to have them walk me through using my iPad on more than one computer. There, problem solved.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #81
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I have not used Handbrake, but from what I understand, it does not strip out the copy protection so one would have to use a separate app for that, no? I kind of doubt that would be the simplest route for DDD.

              Here is a review of some popular tools:

              You pay good money for your DVDs, but they're hardly the only format you need these days. These five ripping tools ensure you can back them up, keep t


              I have tried all of them but handbrake. DVDFab was by far the most complete and easiest to use. They do discounts frequently (currently offering 25% off) so the $35 or so that I spent seemed to be well worth the time savings.

              Handbrake strips the copyright. What it doesn't do is fix all the new fangled tricks that the DVD has on them like switching chapters or never ending loop chapter. Older DVD, handbrake good. new DVD, handbrake bad.

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69735

                #82
                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Handbrake strips the copyright. What it doesn't do is fix all the new fangled tricks that the DVD has on them like switching chapters or never ending loop chapter. Older DVD, handbrake good. new DVD, handbrake bad.
                Yeah, I think that is what you get with a commercial app like DVDFab. They update it every month or two to keep ahead of the game.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #83
                  Which scriptures app do you use? There are 2 of them for $14 (one with a plates icon, one with a Christus icon), a free one, and one that costs $1.99.

                  I have been using the free one but it seems very buggy...freezes sometimes or gives me weird pop up messages that stuff is downloading, although the app is up to date and nothing is downloading.

                  I think it is time to upgrade.

                  Also, History of the Church has been marked down to 6.99 and LDS Doctrinal Classics is down to 4.99, so a good time to buy them if you want approx 50 books or writings on your device.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • SoonerCoug
                    Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 4680

                    #84
                    Please move this thread to the new science/technology category when it's created.
                    That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                    http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #85
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Which scriptures app do you use? There are 2 of them for $14 (one with a plates icon, one with a Christus icon), a free one, and one that costs $1.99.

                      I have been using the free one but it seems very buggy...freezes sometimes or gives me weird pop up messages that stuff is downloading, although the app is up to date and nothing is downloading.

                      I think it is time to upgrade.

                      Also, History of the Church has been marked down to 6.99 and LDS Doctrinal Classics is down to 4.99, so a good time to buy them if you want approx 50 books or writings on your device.
                      I don't have any issues with the Church's free app.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #86
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        I don't have any issues with the Church's free app.
                        Is it a Church app or is there a Church one that I'm not seeing? The free app that i use has a Moroni icon but I didn't think the Church put it out.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69735

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          I don't have any issues with the Church's free app.
                          Nor have I.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #88
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Nor have I.
                            Is it the Moroni one?
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18489

                              #89
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Is it the Moroni one?
                              Yes. It's called Gospel Lbry.

                              I had problems with it until i did the latest update. Now, no probs. The 15 dollar one doesn't seem to be worth it.

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #90
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                Yes. It's called Gospel Lbry.

                                I had problems with it until i did the latest update. Now, no probs. The 15 dollar one doesn't seem to be worth it.
                                I have the fifteen dollar one(cristus on the app) the iPad version is worth it in my opinion.

                                Comment

                                Working...