2021 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 BYU Cougars Football Thread

First official news of 2021: Grimes is gone to be OC at Baylor.

I assume Arod and Fesi will be promoted

That is good for offensive play calling, especially in the red zone. Bad for offensive line recruiting and development.

I hate Baylor, those so called christians. I wish the best for Grimes, but hope the team loses all games need year send from now on.

Makes me wonder if that pudgy coach is gone as well and why he was so sensitive on Twitter last week.

Comment

If Arod is calling the plays get ready for some awesome 5 yard outs when its 3rd and 7
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        If Arod is calling the plays get ready for some awesome 5 yard outs when its 3rd and 7
        No, I think he worked out all the stuff that doesn't work too well earlier in his career.

Comment

Good for Grimes but I do think his value in the market was aided by a once in a lifetime QB and a lighter than usual schedule. And with thw talent leaving this year hia stick can only plunge. I just hope that we can continue to place importance on the O-line with whoever we bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            That is good for offensive play calling, especially in the red zone. Bad for offensive line recruiting and development.

I hate Baylor, those so called christians. I wish the best for Grimes, but hope the team loses all games need year send from now on.

Makes me wonder if that pudgy coach is gone as well and why he was so sensitive on Twitter last week.
            I'm sure he's gone. He did just marry a BYU fan who works in Utah Valley, but my guess is that he'll get a big pay bump at Baylor.

In fact, I think Mateos is the real loss here. The reason things went well under Grimes is that he was able to swallow his pride and delegate responsibilities effectively.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
              I'm sure he's gone. He did just marry a BYU fan who works in Utah Valley, but my guess is that he'll get a big pay bump at Baylor.

In fact, I think Mateos is the real loss here. The reason things went well under Grimes is that he was able to swallow his pride and delegate responsibilities effectively.
              I'm not great at o-line evaluations but it feels like the best offensive lines of the last 20 years have been when Grimes was on the staff. Losing him is a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                I'm not great at o-line evaluations but it feels like the best offensive lines of the last 20 years have been when Grimes was on the staff. Losing him is a big deal.
                A good point. I suppose that Grimes' value is as a position coach. But as an offensive coordinator, I don't think we will lose a lot.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

What hurts is that Grimes didn't get a promotion, so he went to Baylor for more money and a chance to be with his own kind.
                  This bothers me more than Dax or Zach or any player. I was finally okay with the Offensive Line after many years of unfilled expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    What hurts is that Grimes didn't get a promotion, so he went to Baylor for more money and a chance to be with his own kind.
                    This bothers me more than Dax or Zach or any player. I was finally okay with the Offensive Line after many years of unfilled expectations.
                    What kind of promotion do you think he should have received?
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

He should not have left BYU for the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        He should not have left BYU for the same position.
                        OK, gotcha. I was a little confused by the wording.

I hope BYU does so well that our assistants are always a hot commodity.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

It's a good problem to have.

Comment

2021 BYU Cougars Football Thread

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                            It's a good problem to have.
                            Yeah we always want to be good enough that our coaches are being sought elsewhere. But if I’m understanding what KL is saying, she’d feel better if we were able to keep our assistants from leaving for what is an essentially lateral move. I don’t disagree. OC at a middle of the pack B12 school isn’t exactly a step up. But it’s almost certainly a large step up in pay, which is what’s frustrating.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Yeah we always want to be good enough that our coaches are being sought elsewhere. But if I’m understanding what KL is saying, she’d feel better if we were able to keep our assistants from leaving for what is an essentially lateral move. I don’t disagree. OC at a middle of the pack B12 school isn’t exactly a step up. But it’s almost certainly a large step up in pay, which is what’s frustrating.
                              Frustrating, but how could this be surprising? How can people expect BYU to compete with P5 money?

Comment

Working...
                              X