Utah QB Situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Coach McGuirk
    1
    • Nov 2008
    • 12109

    #61
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Signed,

    Cade Cooper

    awesome.

    Comment

    • Flattop
      Many books, little time
      • Jun 2009
      • 1452

      #62
      Obviously, Cain must suck because only Utah wanted him.
      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

      Comment

      • Hot Lunch
        Out of Office
        • Nov 2008
        • 7842

        #63
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Il Padrino has a desperate need to be liked by BYU fans. I see his sycophantism is rearing its ugly head again, right on time.
        Are you saying this because he truly understands the value of J.C. players? Let's not go back down that road SU.
        "Take it to the Bank"

        Comment

        • Flattop
          Many books, little time
          • Jun 2009
          • 1452

          #64
          The J.C. route ruins quarterbacks. That's why a J.C. All-American sucks but Heaps will win a National Championship next year.
          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #65
            Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
            Obviously, Cain must suck because only Utah wanted him.
            Reading is fundamental.

            I'm not sure anybody is saying he's going to suck, but you have to admit that it is a big jump from JC to Div 1-A football. Very few sure things out there. And back to my original point - again not saying Cain sucks, but that if he is the next Arceneaux, you're in good hands.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Flattop
              Many books, little time
              • Jun 2009
              • 1452

              #66
              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              Reading is fundamental.

              I'm not sure anybody is saying he's going to suck, but you have to admit that it is a big jump from JC to Div 1-A football. Very few sure things out there. And back to my original point - again not saying Cain sucks, but that if he is the next Arceneaux, you're in good hands.
              Of course it is. I expect that it is an even bigger jump to go from high school -- even in Texas -- to D-1A. I think that's why Wynn wasn't able to seperate himself from Cain, or why Cain may have moved ahead of Wynn.

              The example of Cade Cooper may be misleading. He gets hurt at BYU in spring ball and transfers to Oregon, where he sits for a season before transfering to SUU.
              Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
              Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
              Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #67
                Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                The J.C. route ruins quarterbacks.
                I don't think it ruins quarterbacks but there is not many JC quarterbacks that have been very successful at the D 1 level.

                There are a few but not many. The odds are against him.
                Last edited by Hot Lunch; 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #68
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  Il Padrino has a desperate need to be liked by BYU fans. I see his sycophantism is rearing its ugly head again, right on time.


                  Says one who has never played any sport beyond jr. high school.

                  Are you saying that a JC quarterback has faced competition that is equal in talent to what he'll face in Division I?
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • Flattop
                    Many books, little time
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1452

                    #69
                    Even Ute honk and former player Kyle Gunther has been expressing his worry after watching the QBs in practice this fall.
                    whoops you obviously missed HLs post about Gunther being allowed to watch all of practice, please go back and try again.
                    But, by his own admission, Gunther hasn't seen all of the practices. As he could not be in two places at once -- at Ute practice and in the studio at the radio station for his daily show -- this was self-evident.
                    Last edited by Flattop; 08-27-2009, 05:36 PM.
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                    Comment

                    • Hot Lunch
                      Out of Office
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7842

                      #70
                      Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                      But, by his own admission, Gunther hasn't seen all of the practices. As he could not be in two places at once -- at Ute practice and in the studio at the radio station for his daily show -- this was self-evident.
                      Well since this week the utes have been practicing in the afternoon and hitting the field at around 3:30 and Gunther's show ends at 2 he very well could have. You are right though, Gunther hasn't been able to attend all practices during camp. I will say that Gunther probably out every person in the media has the best idea of what is going on though. He played with a couple of those guys that are still there. I am sure he stays in touch with them.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

                      Comment

                      • DrumNFeather
                        Invisible Swordsman
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 8854

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                        Well since this week the utes have been practicing in the afternoon and hitting the field at around 3:30 and Gunther's show ends at 2 he very well could have. You are right though, Gunther hasn't been able to attend all practices during camp. I will say that Gunther probably out every person in the media has the best idea of what is going on though. He played with a couple of those guys that are still there. I am sure he stays in touch with them.
                        Seems like Gunther and Hans are cut from the same cloth in regards to each's relationship with his almamater.
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                        Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #72
                          Utes still haven't decided who their QB is? There is a game next week guys! C'mon! I hate to say it but this season looks to be a disaster for the Utes.

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #73
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Utes still haven't decided who their QB is? There is a game next week guys! C'mon! I hate to say it but this season looks to be a disaster for the Utes.
                            We're doomed!!!!! Much in the way our mighty Dinos got bitch slapped by Duchense 40-0(wtf???) last week.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              We're doomed!!!!! Much in the way our mighty Dinos got bitch slapped by Duchense 40-0(wtf???) last week.
                              It's a rebuilding year for the Dino's. This adversity will make us better. We'll bounce back at some point. Unlike the Utes who are headed nowhere fast.

                              Comment

                              • New Mexican Disaster
                                Suomalainen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4549

                                #75
                                Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                It's a rebuilding year for the Dino's. This adversity will make us better. We'll bounce back at some point. Unlike the Utes who are headed nowhere fast.
                                Don't you have to have been good at one time to bounce back?

                                Comment

                                Working...