Utah Recruiting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1126
    Originally posted by The Notorious J.I.C. View Post
    Uaea Masina(some please give this boy a consonant) Committed this evening. Bringing the class to 10.

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/utah/footbal...RiAW0up0iYuZB4
    Nice pickup for the utes. I'm pretty sure BYU offered, as well. Doesn't he play the Mike? Or is he outside?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #1127
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Nice pickup for the utes. I'm pretty sure BYU offered, as well. Doesn't he play the Mike? Or is he outside?
      Outside, but he may bulk up to play rush end. At 6-4 he has the frame for some additional weight.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • U-Ute
        Non member
        • Aug 2009
        • 2071

        #1128
        I am surprised this hasn't come up yet.

        Originally posted by Brandon Gurney
        Harrison Handley has committed to Utah...this is a bit of a shocker considering he plays TE and his father played at BYU
        The pendulum certainly seems to be swinging Utah's way right now with the local recruits.

        Comment

        • The_Douger
          Athletic Supporter
          • Jun 2012
          • 5413

          #1129
          Whittingham seems to have played with a lot of these kids dads. Most of these kids Utah is getting right now grew up Utah fans. It's not that surprising considering that.
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

          Comment

          • USUC
            Chronic Poseur
            • Apr 2010
            • 8800

            #1130
            Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
            I am surprised this hasn't come up yet.



            The pendulum certainly seems to be swinging Utah's way right now with the local recruits.
            I think BYU is landing a lot of local talent but it appears Utah is getting the cream of the crop.

            Comment

            • frank ryan
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12385

              #1131
              Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
              I am surprised this hasn't come up yet.



              The pendulum certainly seems to be swinging Utah's way right now with the local recruits.
              They sure do. Handley wasn't super hyped but showed well in the camps. He wasn't super highly recruited for the longest time usu and byu were his only options but byu wanted him bad. Losing him and probably shipley hurts.
              I think handley is a guy like Chase hansen where if all things were equal byu should have gotten them. I expect more of this.

              Comment

              • Portland Ute
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 5647

                #1132
                Xavier Shepherd, a WR from Lakewood HS in CA has committed to Utah.

                He had offers from AZ, Cal, CU, OrSU and UCLA.

                Rumors are the Sean Barton will be announcing his decision in the very near future. He's apparently narrowed it down to UW, Stanford and the U.

                Comment

                • LA Coug
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 104

                  #1133
                  Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                  Xavier Shepherd, a WR from Lakewood HS in CA has committed to Utah.

                  He had offers from AZ, Cal, CU, OrSU and UCLA.

                  Rumors are the Sean Barton will be announcing his decision in the very near future. He's apparently narrowed it down to UW, Stanford and the U.
                  This is the trend I expected in recruiting for Utah when the Pac-12 invite came. This is probably a guy that only comes to Utah due to Pac-12 affiliation. That said, he presumably takes the spot of someone that Utah could very well have been competing with BYU for......some in-state kid.

                  Comment

                  • Portland Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 5647

                    #1134
                    Originally posted by LA Coug View Post
                    This is the trend I expected in recruiting for Utah when the Pac-12 invite came. This is probably a guy that only comes to Utah due to Pac-12 affiliation. That said, he presumably takes the spot of someone that Utah could very well have been competing with BYU for......some in-state kid.
                    Utah seems to taking a fair number of in-state kids, too, this year.

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #1135
                      Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                      Utah seems to taking a fair number of in-state kids, too, this year.
                      Is this unusual?

                      Comment

                      • SeattleUte
                        Faith crisis consultant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 20837

                        #1136
                        Originally posted by LA Coug View Post
                        That said, he presumably takes the spot of someone that Utah could very well have been competing with BYU for......some in-state kid.
                        Oh brother.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                        --Jonathan Swift

                        Comment

                        • Portland Ute
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 5647

                          #1137
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Is this unusual?
                          It was a response to LACoug's comment that perhaps this would leave more in-state kids to BYU.

                          Comment

                          • Scorcho
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 835

                            #1138
                            Utah WR's are rarely in-state kids.

                            I think the last great Utah WR from in state was Kevin Dyson

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #1139
                              Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                              It was a response to LACoug's comment that perhaps this would leave more in-state kids to BYU.

                              Comment

                              • Portland Ute
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 5647

                                #1140
                                Originally posted by Babs View Post

                                Comment

                                Working...