Originally posted by TripletDaddy
View Post
Utah Recruiting
Collapse
X
-
This is a stupid theme, IMO. Refusing to speak the other team's name gives them power over you. Hasn't Urban read ANY of the Harry Potter books?Originally posted by LA Ute View PostUrban sticks with a theme. This is from the Ohio State locker room. Notice how the Michigan game on Nov. 24 is shown:

Also, I wonder how Urban feels about his team now being the Team Down South.Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.
Dig your own grave, and save!
"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American
"I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
What a precious and humbling experience to be in the Pac 12. Utah has its best recruiting year ever, by a ways, and you feel pretty good about it, until you look at the lists of our brethren. We'd likely trade our list for even Colorodo's. Washington signs the #4 player in the nation at the last minute on 2/1, and yes, we'd likely trade our list for the Huskies'. It's a good thing that a rising tide raises all ships, and that our head coach is the best in the Pac 12. We need him to coach our kids up now more than ever before.When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
--Jonathan Swift
Comment
-
Utah also landed Moana Ofahengue.
I don't think he had the schollies he claimed but still a nice pickup. He will most likely need a redshirt as he is pretty skinny.*Banned*
Comment
-
That rising tide has lifted ASU, Arizona, Cal and others to heights they've never dreamed of before. Whit is a top 4 coach in the conference, I know I wouldn't trade you for him and at I doubt the men of Troy would either.Originally posted by SeattleUte View PostIt's a good thing that a rising tide raises all ships, and that our head coach is the best in the Pac 12.Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
He needs two years. I can't see him playing LB, and he needs 40-50 to play the Rush DE.Originally posted by cougjunkie View PostUtah also landed Moana Ofahengue.
I don't think he had the schollies he claimed but still a nice pickup. He will most likely need a redshirt as he is pretty skinny."The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."
"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."
"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."
-Rick Majerus
Comment
-
He really got you with that, didn't he?Originally posted by falafel View PostThis is a stupid theme, IMO. Refusing to speak the other team's name gives them power over you. Hasn't Urban read ANY of the Harry Potter books?
Also, I wonder how Urban feels about his team now being the Team Down South.
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Utes get a head start on 2014, getting a commitment from 6-6, 285 offensive tackle Jackson Barton. He's out of Brighton H.S."I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
Legacy pickup. Mom had some great basketball skills. Don't really remember Dad's football contributions, but both were two-sport athletes at the U. If this kid is anything like his folks, he'll start at right tackle for three years.Originally posted by BoylenOver View PostUtes get a head start on 2014, getting a commitment from 6-6, 285 offensive tackle Jackson Barton. He's out of Brighton H.S.
Comment
-
Going after some of Travis Wilson's teammates.Originally posted by TritonFootballTritonfootball Triton Football
Junior OT Sean Harlow has been invited and will attend #USC junior day this Sunday. Sean has offers from Oreg State, Utah with more to come
Comment
-
Hanson, the No. 20 ranked athlete in the Class of 2012, was one of five four-star prospects Utah signed this year. It has signed seven four-stars in the last two classes after signing a total of only 10 four-star prospects in nine years from 2002 to 2010.
Other programs that have moved into AQ conferences have gotten boosts in recruiting, too.
As a member of Conference USA, Louisville's recruiting classes were not ranked among the nation's top 50. After one season in the Big East Louisville's 2006 class was ranked 34th.
Until TCU accepted an invitation in 2010 to join the Big East (and later switched to the Big 12) its highest-rated recruiting class was 46th. TCU's 2011 class was ranked 26th and its 2012 class was 37th.
Though higher-ranked recruiting classes don't necessary guarantee success, they do enhance the chances of adding talent and depth.
Comment
-
"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill
"I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
Comment
-
Cooper Bateman commits to Alabama.
I never had much hope he would pick Utah, and he did have us among his finalists, but it's still disappointing to see him go elsewhere. He would've been the most highly-touted recruit in the history of the program.
Oh well. Now we can move on to other QB targets."I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
As long as the top kids in SL valley are going to Bingham Young and Catenwood, Utah is going to be on the outside looking in on most of the top recruits coming out of those schools.Originally posted by BoylenOver View PostCooper Bateman commits to Alabama.
I never had much hope he would pick Utah, and he did have us among his finalists, but it's still disappointing to see him go elsewhere. He would've been the most highly-touted recruit in the history of the program.
Oh well. Now we can move on to other QB targets.
Comment
Comment