Fire Ty

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #571
    Originally posted by Maximus View Post
    New hot rumor on CB is Grimes with Peterson and Roderick as position coaches
    Ever wondered who the highest paid assistant coach in college football is? Find out today with USA TODAY's complete salary data.


    Grimes is making $560,000 and I can't imagine BYU is paying more. Maybe BYU71 stepped up to the plate and told them he would cover it.

    Comment

    • BigFatMeanie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7113

      #572
      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

      Grimes is making $560,000 and I can't imagine BYU is paying more. Maybe BYU71 stepped up to the plate and told them he would cover it.
      Yeah, as much as I want to believe the Grimes rumor, no way does he come to Provo and make that kind of coin.

      Comment

      • Sizzle
        #ThisIsY
        • Nov 2008
        • 9004

        #573
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        That would not be too bad, not too bad at all.
        Which is exactly why it isn't going to happen.

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #574
          Harmon says it's official

          Grimes to be OC

          Comment

          • BigPiney
            Huge Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 12364

            #575
            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Harmon says it's official

            Grimes to be OC

            Wow. Very surprised.

            Source tells FootballScoop Wednesday night LSU offensive line coach Jeff Grimes plans to accept the offensive coordinator job at BYU pending formal clearance which is expected in t

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27876

              #576
              Whoa. I don't have a problem with that pick. He's obviously got plenty of experience on an offensive staff. I don't see anywhere that he's called plays or acted as OC, but he does have plenty of experience. Plus, our last offensive line coach promoted to OC didn't turn out too bad...
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • Joe Public
                8.1 YPC
                • Apr 2011
                • 8524

                #577
                He did a great job with the offensive line the last time he was here.
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                Comment

                • cougjunkie
                  *Banned*
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 23223

                  #578
                  Great hire. Even if he doesn’t work out, Kalani is going down swinging. Now add PP and Roderick and this is a homerun staff imo.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  *Banned*

                  Comment

                  • Sizzle
                    #ThisIsY
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9004

                    #579
                    Happy I was wrong. I think Grimes is exactly what BYU needs right now.

                    Comment

                    • BigPiney
                      Huge Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12364

                      #580
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Great hire. Even if he doesn’t work out, Kalani is going down swinging. Now add PP and Roderick and this is a homerun staff imo.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Agreed

                      Comment

                      • BigPiney
                        Huge Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12364

                        #581

                        Comment

                        • SCcoug
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7625

                          #582
                          Great hire.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 37973

                            #583
                            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            Grimey!
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15663

                              #584
                              No wonder it took so long. They had to make sure the checks would clear.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              • Topper
                                Pre-Historic Man
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 11764

                                #585
                                I like the pick.

                                I wonder about play calling but he is experienced and also wonder where they found the funds. He was being paid $525,000 in 2016. Didn't think BYU paid that much to its OCs. I like a guy with successful SEC experience.

                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                                Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                                Comment

                                Working...