Fire Ty

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #601
    Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    ... not in football it's not, especially at the collegiate level.
    At any level.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #602
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      There you go, folks. Stop being excited about a hire that exceeded your expectations!
      No. I am still very happy. Maybe it doesn’t work out; we’ll see. But as a hire it exceeded expectations, as you say, and is a positive sign for the program, for sitake’s self awareness level, and for the administration’s support. So I’m going to be happy about this unless it is proven it doesn’t work.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • Applejack
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2012
        • 3813

        #603
        I agree with Toolblue. What has Grimes ever taught Brett Favre about the QB position?

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #604
          I'm optimistic about the hire. I hardly turned on football this year and it was kind of depressing. I didn't mind Ty's play calling at all-- it's just that nobody was completing a play (to my scarred memory). Drops, stumbles, keystone cops football all year.

          Grimes is from 06 BYU football-- a year when we were kicking everybody's ass after a stumble in Tucson. I hardly think it was Anae's brilliant play calling that put us over that year so much as hard work and discipline that had come to fruition (along with some seniors who blossomed just in time). And Grimes is no stranger to recruiting and was known for his great linemen classes at LSU, which also bodes well. He's on the clock now and he gets the benefit of the doubt, just like Ty.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • originalsocal
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 1632

            #605
            Originally posted by Applejack View Post
            I agree with Toolblue. What has Grimes ever taught Brett Favre about the QB position?
            Excellent hire confirmed!

            Comment

            • RC Vikings
              Known Heterosexual
              • Nov 2008
              • 8789

              #606
              He must hope this is his chance to step up to being a HC sometime. Without OC or DC experience I don't think a coach will ever get that top job and he must have felt like he was stuck a OL coach at LSU. I'm curious what they offered, would he have taken a cut in pay for the opportunity to be the OC.

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #607
                Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                He must hope this is his chance to step up to being a HC sometime. Without OC or DC experience I don't think a coach will ever get that top job and he must have felt like he was stuck a OL coach at LSU. I'm curious what they offered, would he have taken a cut in pay for the opportunity to be the OC.
                I just read some article that said BYU wanted Grimes 2 years ago but LSU countered with a contract extension and a raise. I read that they also did the same this time, but he's set on being an OC. Good for him! I hope he kicks enough ass that his name does get floated for HC jobs.

                *edit-- I guess I saw it on Twitter from an LSU beat reporter.


                Last edited by Commando; 12-14-2017, 09:42 AM.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #608
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Play calling is the most overrated aspect of coaching.
                  I recommend you avoid following @snowsurfah on Twitter during games. That guy is brutal on the playcalling.

                  Comment

                  • Jeff Lebowski
                    Corporate lackey for Jesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 69676

                    #609
                    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    I recommend you avoid following @snowsurfah on Twitter during games. That guy is brutal on the playcalling.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                    Comment

                    • MartyFunkhouser
                      Disciple of RNGesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18747

                      #610
                      I am displeased by this hire. I am mainly disappointed as BYU has clearly made the decision to increase coaches salaries with this hire.
                      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                      --Kendrick Lamar

                      Comment

                      • Shaka
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 10449

                        #611
                        The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

                        Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69676

                          #612
                          Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                          The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

                          Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.
                          Yeah but if UMass stacks the box again next year we are hosed!
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #613
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            I recommend you avoid following @snowsurfah on Twitter during games. That guy is brutal on the playcalling.
                            Super mean! This is why I stopped posting on the board!
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #614
                              Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              The hire is good but those who wanted someone with OC experience have a gripe.

                              Completely disagree with Surfah. The OC has a lot of responsibility in other areas but he also needs the ability to call decent plays and adjust to the defensive scheme. Being a good playcaller is not easy.
                              Go read Smart Football on play calling.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #615
                                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                Go read Smart Football on play calling.
                                You should pick up Football For Dummies. I hear it's done wonders for JL.

                                Comment

                                Working...