Fire Ty

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11181

    #421
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I can’t argue with this.
    For a message board there is very little argument or disagreement today in this thread.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69685

      #422
      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      For a message board there is very little argument or disagreement today in this thread.
      I can’t argue with that either.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #423
        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        Jarom Jordan, in all his awkward, annoying glory, mentioned Darrell Bevell's name as a "top contender." Sigh.
        Darrell's in my brother's ward. I was there visiting and I had to pretend I didn't know who he was in EQ so I didn't look like a dick. Looking back, it probably just made me look like even more of a dick.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • All-American
          Right, as Usual
          • Nov 2008
          • 15664

          #424
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I can’t argue with that either.
          When your offense is 123rd, firing the OC is a very easy move to defend. Even if it breaks your heart to do it.

          I love the guy, and I hope he stays on as QB coach (and I still think he'd be a good OC someday).
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

          Comment

          • Applejack
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 3813

            #425
            Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Darrell's in my brother's ward. I was there visiting and I had to pretend I didn't know who he was in EQ so I didn't look like a dick. Looking back, it probably just made me look like even more of a dick.
            Do byu coordinators need to be high priests, or just the head coach?

            Comment

            • Commando
              Explosivo
              • Feb 2009
              • 20748

              #426
              Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Do byu coordinators need to be high priests, or just the head coach?
              Probably just a current TR
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #427
                I was out in front of this. Love Ty the player. But Ty the coordinator was downright awful.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • LiveCoug
                  LA Ute loves me
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 18488

                  #428
                  Is there a single coach out there (that fits the BYU mold both in character and pay) that moves the needle?

                  Arod? Simmons? Grimes? Peterson?

                  Who knows.

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27877

                    #429
                    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                    Is there a single coach out there (that fits the BYU mold both in character and pay) that moves the needle?

                    Arod? Simmons? Grimes? Peterson?

                    Who knows.
                    I know very little about Peterson, but just by looking at his body of work, he seems like a good fit.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #430
                      Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                      After one bad year. Damn. Never figured BYU would make this move after year two altogether.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Let's be honest, last year the offense sucked too. We just happened to have an NFL QB and RB that made Ty look better than he was.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • pelagius
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5288

                        #431
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Let's be honest, last year the offense sucked too. We just happened to have an NFL QB and RB that made Ty look better than he was.
                        Yeah, measuring overall offensive quality is tricky (at least if you want to do it carefully and controlling for strength of schedule, etc) but the 2016 offense benchmarks out to roughly the same offensive quality as the Riley N/Doman offense of 2012. Unconditionally, that's a below average offense in the Bronco years, but conditional on NFL quality at those position it's really quite bad.
                        Last edited by pelagius; 11-27-2017, 08:31 PM.

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18786

                          #432
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Let's be honest, last year the offense sucked too. We just happened to have an NFL QB and RB that made Ty look better than he was.
                          I hope you're right, and it's that simple to fix/get things headed in the right direction. My fear is that you're wrong, and history will show the problems go much deeper.

                          Comment

                          • Green Monstah
                            Royal Rooter
                            • Aug 2010
                            • 13955

                            #433
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I was out in front of this. Love Ty the player. But Ty the coordinator was downright awful.
                            Swish?!

                            Nice one, Nostradamus
                            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                            "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69685

                              #434
                              Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              I hope you're right, and it's that simple to fix/get things headed in the right direction. My fear is that you're wrong, and history will show the problems go much deeper.
                              That’s funny. Of course there are other problems. This season was a train wreck.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • New Mexican Disaster
                                Suomalainen
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 4549

                                #435
                                #Bring back Crowton

                                Comment

                                Working...