Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #856
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I bet Lance Anderson is getting angry at all the people saying he is a coordinator when he is the director of defense.
    Don't downplay it, man. He's the Willie Shaw Director of Defense.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #857
      Why does the HC need to be active LDS? WHy not just some one who agrees to live the HC?
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #858
        Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Why does the HC need to be active LDS? WHy not just some one who agrees to live the HC?
        I guess so there's not too much of a conflict of interest with BYU encouraging kids to go on missions and the HC not giving a s3it one way or the other/ actively encouraging them not to go.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • Color Me Badd Fan
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 12519

          #859
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I bet Lance Anderson is getting angry at all the people saying he is a coordinator when he is the director of defense.
          The minister of defense.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

          Comment

          • Topper
            Pre-Historic Man
            • Nov 2011
            • 11764

            #860
            Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Why does the HC need to be active LDS? WHy not just some one who agrees to live the HC?
            It would be just as good to require this, plus maybe have one of the ACs to be active LDS. You could still address the mission concerns if you did that.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

            Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

            Comment

            • The_Douger
              Athletic Supporter
              • Jun 2012
              • 5413

              #861
              Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
              I'm not sure the level of involvement of the LDS GAs in the process, but I sure wish it were little to none. Just seems like if a guy is active LDS and supports the school's standards that should be adequate. After that just let the AD do his job.

              Just thinking about meddling GAs makes me want to give Merril Bateman a good punch in the gut, and he was school president when he meddled.
              That's how I feel.

              I like Bronco. I like what he did for BYU. The program is in better shape than when he started here.

              I don't want a coach that acts exactly like Bronco to replace him, and of the coaches we're interviewing, Niu is most like Bronco.

              I probably just need to accept that the BoT will not do the things that need to happen for BYU to take the next step, like spend a lot of money on the football program and bring in better assistants than we've had.
              Last edited by The_Douger; 12-11-2015, 06:43 PM.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #862
                Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                LOL. Why don't some of the more creative programs (Oregon, Baylor, etc) start to give titles like "Supreme Master Czar of Defense"? Seems like recruits would dig it.
                At BYU, he could be the Rhodes Bake n Serve Head Coach brought to you by Emergency Essentials!

                Comment

                • Blueintheface
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 15382

                  #863
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  At BYU, he could be the Rhodes Bake n Serve Head Coach brought to you by Emergency Essentials!
                  represented by "Sigfrid" & "Jinsun".
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                  "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #864
                    OK I know nothing about Navy.



                    He has an OC? For some reason I thought it was his own personal deal. Well good! At least we can tell that OC to esad and grab somebody good! Navy will be relieved to know they can retain Cap'n Option while we take the HC.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Blueintheface
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 15382

                      #865
                      Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      OK I know nothing about Navy.



                      He has an OC? For some reason I thought it was his own personal deal. Well good! At least we can tell that OC to esad and grab somebody good! Navy will be relieved to know they can retain Cap'n Option while we take the HC.
                      Seems like strange thing to say to your outgoing OC.
                      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #866
                        naw homie- 2 separate clauses!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #867
                          Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          naw homie- 2 separate clauses!
                          Chris Kringle and Krampus?

                          You keep settin 'me up, I'll keep hittin infield singles.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • UVACoug
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2013
                            • 2685

                            #868
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            Anderson's quote seems to basically confirm that they are going with Ken N. If Lance will "know more early next week" then Holmoe is waiting for Ken to visit campus and has the others on standby.
                            Or Holmoe knows LA and KS will still be around if he waits to talk to KN and wants to make sure he fully evaluates all his options. I don't see how waiting until KN is available to interview means that he is definitely the pick. It's customary not to talk to other coaches about jobs during the regular season.

                            Comment

                            • Commando
                              Explosivo
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 20748

                              #869
                              Something tells me you went and saw Krampus.

                              I actually heard it was ok.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #870
                                Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                Something tells me you went and saw Krampus.

                                I actually heard it was ok.
                                nope. I couldn't decide, and apparently neither could the promoters, whether it was a comedy or horror film. Most of those are disasters.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...