Help Wanted: Who replaces Bronco?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #841
    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    And I love that some folks here are willing to donate a kidney(or commit high crimes) to be in the exact same spot
    I wouldn't commit high crimes but I would consider misdemeanors.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #842
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I wouldn't commit high crimes but I would consider misdemeanors.
      You need not worry. Your favorite team is in a better position than the Utes :usc:
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #843
        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        You need not worry. Your favorite team is in a better position than the Utes :usc:
        much better!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • Y84it
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 549

          #844


          Looks like Anderson is still in the top 3 candidates for the position. "Very interested in position at BYU" Was a fan of BYU growing up in Idaho.
          ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #845
            Originally posted by Y84it View Post
            http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/byusport...lance-anderson

            Looks like Anderson is still in the top 3 candidates for the position. "Very interested in position at BYU" Was a fan of BYU growing up in Idaho.
            Anderson's quote seems to basically confirm that they are going with Ken N. If Lance will "know more early next week" then Holmoe is waiting for Ken to visit campus and has the others on standby.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Y84it
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 549

              #846
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Anderson's quote seems to basically confirm that they are going with Ken N. If Lance will "know more early next week" then Holmoe is waiting for Ken to visit campus and has the others on standby.
              I agree with you. I would be shocked if Ken N turned BYU down.
              ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15680

                #847
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                I wouldn't commit high crimes but I would consider misdemeanors.
                Either way, you're impeachable.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • Color Me Badd Fan
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 12519

                  #848
                  Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                  http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/byusport...lance-anderson

                  Looks like Anderson is still in the top 3 candidates for the position. "Very interested in position at BYU" Was a fan of BYU growing up in Idaho.
                  I'd really prefer Andersohn.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                  Comment

                  • Art Vandelay
                    Striving for mediocrity
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10516

                    #849
                    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    I'd really prefer Andersohn.
                    The completely unknown >> the kinda unknown

                    Comment

                    • TexTechCoug
                      Carbonite
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 891

                      #850
                      I have no insider connections at all. A good friend who played college and professional football and now coaches at a P5 school said he really likes Lance Anderson. Seems like Anderson is interested in BYU.

                      Lance recruits the same part of the country, is LDS, and is an experienced DC at a major program. Anderson actually seems like the best choice to me.

                      Comment

                      • Maximus
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 6027

                        #851
                        Originally posted by TexTechCoug View Post
                        I have no insider connections at all. A good friend who played college and professional football and now coaches at a P5 school said he really likes Lance Anderson. Seems like Anderson is interested in BYU.

                        Lance recruits the same part of the country, is LDS, and is an experienced DC at a major program. Anderson actually seems like the best choice to me.
                        but he wasnt in the meet the mormons video

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #852
                          I bet Lance Anderson is getting angry at all the people saying he is a coordinator when he is the director of defense.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • Applejack
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 3813

                            #853
                            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            I bet Lance Anderson is getting angry at all the people saying he is a coordinator when he is the director of defense.
                            LOL. Why don't some of the more creative programs (Oregon, Baylor, etc) start to give titles like "Supreme Master Czar of Defense"? Seems like recruits would dig it.

                            Comment

                            • YOhio
                              Hipster Mode
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26165

                              #854
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              I bet Lance Anderson is getting angry at all the people saying he is a coordinator when he is the director of defense.
                              Agree.

                              Comment

                              • TexTechCoug
                                Carbonite
                                • Nov 2010
                                • 891

                                #855
                                Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                                but he wasnt in the meet the mormons video
                                I'm not sure the level of involvement of the LDS GAs in the process, but I sure wish it were little to none. Just seems like if a guy is active LDS and supports the school's standards that should be adequate. After that just let the AD do his job.

                                Just thinking about meddling GAs makes me want to give Merril Bateman a good punch in the gut, and he was school president when he meddled.

                                Comment

                                Working...