6th place and going to the Veg: BYU vs Utah bowl game thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11181

    #1321
    Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Couldn't be bothered to click the link.
    Maybe he's just not that smart.

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #1322
      Not as heartbreaking of loss as Miss Columbia. #silverlining
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • old_gregg
        scaly man fish
        • Nov 2009
        • 16915

        #1323
        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        Not as heartbreaking of loss as Miss Columbia. #silverlining
        the most awkward thing i've ever seen
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69704

          #1324
          lol @ Seattle Ute.

          And Steve Harvey.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • Flystripper
            Degenerate Gambler
            • Nov 2008
            • 14089

            #1325
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Had you not worn a BYU sweatshirt in the Utah section you would have been left alone. That was a stupid thing to do.
            Why? I have worn BYU gear at least 50 times while sitting in a Utah section. It is rarely a problem. I only mention it this time because it was an outlier and was anecdotal evidence that the rivalry is alive and well on both sides. I was not scared. I was more annoyed by the experience, and most of the Utah fans around were embarrassed for the guy that was out of control. The reaction to want to punch the guy was more out of surprise of being grabbed from behind and screamed at in my face. Once I saw what was happening I appropriately laughed at him. I am a lover not a fighter. I am a good example to my kids.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

            Comment

            • CJF
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 8497

              #1326
              Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              the most awkward thing i've ever seen
              Miss Universe in the Philippines is a huge deal. They take beauty pageants very seriously. My FB is awesome right now.
              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25268

                #1327
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Not as heartbreaking of loss as Miss Columbia. #silverlining
                Ute fans everywhere clamoring for co-Miss Universes
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • CJF
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8497

                  #1328
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  lol @ Seattle Ute.

                  And Steve Harvey.
                  Just read his Twitter apology. He misspelled both Colombia and Philippines.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #1329
                    This game showed me just how valuable Booker was to Utah's offense. He had great numbers because of his ability to not go down on the first hit and made Utah's offensive line look better than it obviously was this season. Booker's play also allowed the Utes to hide just how awful the rest of the offense was.

                    A win is a win. I'll take it.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • smokymountainrain
                      Impressive Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22593

                      #1330
                      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                      This game showed me just how valuable Booker was to Utah's offense. He had great numbers because of his ability to not go down on the first hit and made Utah's offensive line look better than it obviously was this season. Booker's play also allowed the Utes to hide just how awful the rest of the offense was.

                      A win is a win. I'll take it.
                      Didn't Williams pretty much equal or surpass Booker's average production in the game(s) he started?
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13955

                        #1331
                        I had a whirlwind trip to Vegas. We took off at 6:30am on Saturday and landed back home at 5:30am Sunday.

                        1. I'm proud of the way the team fought back. It's probably true that Utah took its foot off the gas pedal while nursing a 35-point lead, but Whitt looked genuinely concerned after Mangum's last TD.

                        2. Ute fans' graciousness after the game depended mostly on their level of intoxication.

                        3. On the whole, I'm really glad the Bronco era is over. The program is in better shape than it was when he got here, and for that he should be commended. But, I don't think he's capable of getting BYU to the next level due to personal and institutional constraints.

                        4. Elderly BYU fans should not go to games if they can't ensure that the rest of the Sunshine club will sit several rows in front of them. To the old lady and her husband who kept telling us to "just sit down," I'm sorry, but you should just watch the games on your 27'' SD TV at home.

                        5. Taking everything into consideration, sending the last kickoff deep was probably the right call.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • smokymountainrain
                          Impressive Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22593

                          #1332
                          Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          I had a whirlwind trip to Vegas. We took off at 6:30am on Saturday and landed back home at 5:30am Sunday.

                          1. I'm proud of the way the team fought back. It's probably true that Utah took its foot off the gas pedal while nursing a 35-point lead, but Whitt looked genuinely concerned after Mangum's last TD.
                          I keep hearing that, but Whittingham seemed genuinely pissed after the game that Utah couldn't put any more points on the board after scoring 35 in the first quarter. If they took their foot off the pedal, it seems he would have acted like things pretty much went according to plan.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

                          Comment

                          • The_Douger
                            Athletic Supporter
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 5413

                            #1333
                            BYU dominated them after the first quarter, including multiple stops on 4th and short.

                            THat's why the loss is so disappointing.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                            Comment

                            • jay santos
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 13652

                              #1334
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              I keep hearing that, but Whittingham seemed genuinely pissed after the game that Utah couldn't put any more points on the board after scoring 35 in the first quarter. If they took their foot off the pedal, it seems he would have acted like things pretty much went according to plan.
                              Yeah I doubt they went three and out on purpose. And I doubt Wilson threw ground balls at wide open receivers feet for the heck of it.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69704

                                #1335
                                Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                I keep hearing that, but Whittingham seemed genuinely pissed after the game that Utah couldn't put any more points on the board after scoring 35 in the first quarter. If they took their foot off the pedal, it seems he would have acted like things pretty much went according to plan.
                                Yeah, that's a really dumb thing to say. If true, they would have put the foot right back on the gas after we scored a TD or two.

                                Whitt was indeed steamed in the post-game interview. Meanwhile Bronco was happy we tried hard.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...