"Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - The Rivalry Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wally
    <><><><><><><><>
    • Jun 2010
    • 4137

    #3976
    Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

    I think the entire top of the Big12 this year is at best middling.

    BYU's best win: Utah at home. That isn't an impressive win at all.
    Texas Tech's best win: Utah on the road. Also, not an impressive win at all. They also lost to a bad ASU team.
    Utah's best win. ASU and Cincinnati. Neither are good teams.
    Cincinnati. Not even sure what is their best win. They haven't beaten a team that would even be a top 50 team.
    Houston. Same as Cincinnati.
    ASU. Same as Houston/Cincinnati.

    The plain fact is that the Big12 is really not good this year. Every ranked team is vastly overrated. Utah shouldn't be ranked. Cincinnati shouldn't be ranked. BYU and Texas Tech should be in the 20 - 25 range.


    Masterful play by Funk to elicit BYU fan praise of Utah's squad. Single-handedly exposing BYU's reliance on a necessarily strong Utah in the perennially pissed-on Big 12 to achieve the status that BYU longs for.

    Comment

    • wally
      <><><><><><><><>
      • Jun 2010
      • 4137

      #3977
      Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

      I mean, they played two weeks ago. What's changed for you that you think this could happen?
      This is my fantasy and so if you want to delve into it, you will have to play by my rules which clearly indicate that BYU sucks and will lose to Utah in every future matchup. Sorry, but those are the rules in my fantasy!

      Comment

      • falafel
        loves to talk on things
        • Mar 2009
        • 37976

        #3978
        Originally posted by wally View Post

        This is my fantasy and so if you want to delve into it, you will have to play by my rules which clearly indicate that BYU sucks and will lose to Utah in every future matchup. Sorry, but those are the rules in my fantasy!
        In this self-described fantasy, I'm guessing the Ute players are dressed in powder puff uniforms.

        dy1j6XQ.jpg
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

        Dig your own grave, and save!

        "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

        "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

        Comment

        • wally
          <><><><><><><><>
          • Jun 2010
          • 4137

          #3979
          Originally posted by falafel View Post

          In this self-described fantasy, I'm guessing the Ute players are dressed in powder puff uniforms.

          dy1j6XQ.jpg
          I'm just happy that falafels ai image generator history has "fat Utah football player in a tutu" in it.

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37976

            #3980
            Originally posted by wally View Post

            I'm just happy that falafels ai image generator history has "fat Utah football player in a tutu" in it.
            Here is the actual prompt:

            "make a photo of a University of Utah football player wearing a powder puff style uniform. extra points if the Utah player is a 300 lb offensive lineman"
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Green Monstah
              Royal Rooter
              • Aug 2010
              • 13955

              #3981
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

              Self loathing.
              Oh brother.
              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

              Comment

              • chrisrenrut
                Strikes and Gutters
                • Jul 2009
                • 2297

                #3982
                Seems the playoff committee disagrees with Funk. Utah at 13, just needs to win out and there are in. Won’t even need to make the Big 12 championship game.

                Comment

                • Copelius
                  Maker of eyeballs
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 4056

                  #3983
                  Speaking of another playoff, it must really suck to be one of only 3 Big12 teams not currently in the Bilas Index of 68.
                  “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18747

                    #3984
                    Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                    Speaking of another playoff, it must really suck to be one of only 3 Big12 teams not currently in the Bilas Index of 68.
                    Meh, who cares. Utah doesn't have a basketball team.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • chrisrenrut
                      Strikes and Gutters
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 2297

                      #3985
                      Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                      Meh, who cares. Utah doesn't have a basketball team.
                      Shut your whore mouth! Alex will bring us back. Might take a couple of years and some big donor money for NIL.

                      Comment

                      • chrisrenrut
                        Strikes and Gutters
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 2297

                        #3986
                        Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                        Speaking of another playoff, it must really suck to be one of only 3 Big12 teams not currently in the Bilas Index of 68.
                        The Big 12 is stacked for basketball this year. We have probably 3 legit teams that could make an Elite 8 run.

                        Utah is a complete unknown, with 12 new faces I think middle of the pack is our best hope if Alex can get them playing as a team and with a fraction of the heart he played with.

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69689

                          #3987
                          Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                          Meh, who cares. Utah doesn't have a basketball team.
                          Hey come on. They are undefeated this year! There were DOZENS of people in the Huntsman to watch it.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69689

                            #3988
                            I just checked and you can buy season tickets to Utah basketball for $100 per seat. Lower bowl for $500. That is amazing.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • myboynoah
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 21719

                              #3989
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I just checked and you can buy season tickets to Utah basketball for $100 per seat. Lower bowl for $500. That is amazing.
                              Be careful with those $100 seats. Make sure they're positioned near a part in the curtain.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                              Comment

                              • BigPiney
                                Huge Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12365

                                #3990
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I just checked and you can buy season tickets to Utah basketball for $100 per seat. Lower bowl for $500. That is amazing.
                                That would be worth it for the BYU game alone. They also have AZ and Houston and Iowa state coming to town. Those are good teams. I would do that if I lived there.

                                Comment

                                Working...