Messing with Texas: UT @ BYU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #1021
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    That post by Crash Davis cracked me the hell up.
    I really wish their site didn't crash during the game. The meltdown was comic gold.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #1022
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #1023
        Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
        No love for LES, though. Small, low rent, etc. I guess compared to Texas Memorial it's not great?
        I thought this aTm fan's description of the stadium was pretty accurate:

        LES was not nearly as nice as I expected though. It is the only 65K stadium I've ever seen that I could completely disassemble with a wrench and screwdriver. Seemed the whole thing was temporary bleachers. Mix in some concrete will ya. I was scared the whole thing was going to collapse when people started stomping. It also seemed like 65K were crammed into a stadium designed for 40K. Very crowded feeling.

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #1024
          Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          I thought this aTm fan's description of the stadium was pretty accurate:



          http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...#message148187
          been waiting 9 years to post that one, eh?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #1025
            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            I thought this aTm fan's description of the stadium was pretty accurate:



            http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...#message148187
            the modern 60's look...perfect description (campus).
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            • beefytee
              Board eye candy
              • Mar 2009
              • 7542

              #1026
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              been waiting 9 years to post that one, eh?


              I've post it every time a general discussion about LES has come up over the last 9 years.

              Comment

              • Sizzle
                #ThisIsY
                • Nov 2008
                • 9004

                #1027
                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                As the game wore on and a BYU victory became inevitable, I started throwing out the downward-facing horn gesture. I did this in plain sight of several Longhorn fans and Im pretty sure it drove them to madness.
                I threw that down after Taysom's 68-yard TD run in the first.

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #1028
                  Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                  I thought this aTm fan's description of the stadium was pretty accurate:



                  http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...#message148187
                  Who in the hell let an aTm fan into the game? We try to keep those Aggies down in College Station and in H-Town.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #1029
                    I asked this at the game but maybe someone here knows the answer.

                    I thought that after the Billy Priddis Utah game, BYU banned opposing team flags for good. Did they make a one-time exception for b12 admission Texas or do you recall other opposing teams bringing their huge flags into the stadium?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • kccougar
                      9262
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7020

                      #1030
                      Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      I haven't read the entire thread either but here's my take.

                      Fun atmosphere, strange game. The physical dominance by BYU on both lines was staggering. Running: awesome, passing: not awesome. Watching Jamaal, Taysom, KVN, Fua, Bronson, et al in beast mode was a thing of beauty.

                      On a side note: during a 3rd quarter TO I looked to the tunnel and noticed a chiseled-abbed (clearly visible thru his BYU shirt), backwards-hat wearing, BYU fan start his way up the bleachers, a beautiful blonde daughter of Eve in tow. No one seemed to take notice though a visible blue aura surrounded him. Scarcely had this light decended upon me...er...as I was close to the aisle I simply said "Riley" to give him a little shout out. Having finally been noticed he gave me a nod and continued on his way. A Texas fan with whom I'd been talking much of the game asked "Friend 'o yers?" to which my reply was simply "Nah, just last year's starting quarterback." Without missing a beat the Texas fan looked back at him and again back at me and said "Why the Hell is walking up to the nose-bleed section". I didn't know what to say.
                      During the rain delay before the game he was standing with the same daughter of Eve outside the BYU locker room just hanging around like everyone else.
                      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16936

                        #1031
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I asked this at the game but maybe someone here knows the answer.

                        I thought that after the Billy Priddis Utah game, BYU banned opposing team flags for good. Did they make a one-time exception for b12 admission Texas or do you recall other opposing teams bringing their huge flags into the stadium?
                        I wondered the same thing, and recalled Val Hale stating once that foreign flags would be banned. Texas's huge logo flag made me feel very inadequate, although the missus reassured me.

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #1032
                          Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          I wondered the same thing, and recalled Val Hale stating once that foreign flags would be banned. Texas's huge logo flag made me feel very inadequate, although the missus reassured me.
                          I think you just answered your own question (ok DDD's question).
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #1033
                            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            During the rain delay before the game he was standing with the same daughter of Eve outside the BYU locker room just hanging around like everyone else.
                            Really attractive! She wasn't bad either.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • Pelado
                              Bald not naked
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 21139

                              #1034
                              Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Really attractive! She wasn't bad either.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

                              Comment

                              • TripletDaddy
                                sweet triple
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 58186

                                #1035
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I think you just answered your own question (ok DDD's question).
                                how so? i dont think that policy died with Val Hale's departure. I cant think of any other opposing team's flags in LES, certainly not the utes. Can you? Maybe my memory is failing me.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...