U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Topper
    Pre-Historic Man
    • Nov 2011
    • 11764

    #1411
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I am not sure we ever could have been that good. BYU's biggest problem is it's recruiting base. But if we didn't hurt ourselves when we face more athletic teams we could do better than we are doing.
    BYU is undisciplined and unfocused. Too many damned firesides.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

    Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #1412
      Those UofUtah fans were stooooopid. And that is a square-dancing song.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • Colly Wolly
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 1824

        #1413
        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
        I am not sure we ever could have been that good. BYU's biggest problem is it's recruiting base. But if we didn't hurt ourselves when we face more athletic teams we could do better than we are doing.
        The thing is, we HAVE been that good before! It just doesn't matter to the BYU powers that be anymore.

        Comment

        • Hsaru
          Junior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1109

          #1414
          Van Noy deserves better than Riley Nelson. That dude is a one man army.

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #1415
            Originally posted by Topper View Post

            I, ever the optimist, said, maybe not this year.
            lol. Where was that guy tonight?
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #1416
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I believe BYU has won a game on the Sabbath (B-Ball at Wyo, I recall).
              Ox in the mire, eh.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • CardiacCoug
                вот так штука
                • Nov 2008
                • 11013

                #1417
                Originally posted by falafel View Post
                There were a ton of horrible play calls, a slew of boneheaded false starts, and general bad play by DA, RN, but I didn't notice us getting out classed athletically.
                Sure, I agree. Sorry for the double negative. Colly was saying Whit made the right choice to go to Utah because they can recruit better athletes. I agree with you and meant that BYU has as good of athletes as Utah. But they made all kinds of mistakes that you would hope smart, older players wouldn't make. 10 false starts?

                Comment

                • Topper
                  Pre-Historic Man
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 11764

                  #1418
                  Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  lol. Where was that guy tonight?
                  As soon as Bronco's undisciplined, unfocused team took the field, he left to bury his head in shame.
                  "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                  Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #1419
                    Bronco is not a great head coach. I don't care what his record is. But he has maxed out and reached the ceiling of his potential as the head guy. He can be a great DC anywhere in D1, I am convinced of that. But he isn't the guy to take us to the next level. Unfortunately, the only guy that can we can't wrestle away from the hill. We have no other option, and that sucks.

                    This season is now busted. Turn the offense over to Taysom and let him develop and get the experience he'll need so we're not completely embarrassed next year. We have a couple tough games left, but enough patsies to get to our pre-determined bowl.

                    I love Doman. I do. But he's testing our relationship mightily right now. I didn't think it would take this long for him to get a handle on this offense. Running off Anae was a poor move. I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I'd take predictable over the option and these ill-devised run plays. That said, I still think Doman will get it. But that time needs to come sooner than later.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • PaloAltoCougar
                      Semper infra dignitatem
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 16935

                      #1420
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Ox in the moire, eh.
                      I envisioned our resident Fora.tv exec superimposed on this:

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13953

                        #1421
                        Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                        Signed the guy who doesn't know what the problem is. You might be the least informed sports poster here. GTFO.
                        Says the dipshit who offers zero analysis and simply moans about how. Ad he hates everyone here. If you hate it then leave, jackass.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • Topper
                          Pre-Historic Man
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 11764

                          #1422
                          Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                          Sure, I agree. Sorry for the double negative. Colly was saying Whit made the right choice to go to Utah because they can recruit better athletes. I agree with you and meant that BYU has as good of athletes as Utah. But they made all kinds of mistakes that you would hope smart, older players wouldn't make. 10 false starts?
                          Whit is thanking his lucky stars, he doesn't have to deal with the boneheads in BYU administration and that damned HC.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                          Comment

                          • Blueintheface
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 15382

                            #1423
                            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                            Utah has a quarterback starting who wasn't recruited by a single other DI school, was at Nebraska Omaha before they cancelled their football program, and John White was injured. Last year it was all John White and defense that got Utah a winning season. I think you're a little quick to judge your defense.
                            Not biting. The BYU defense is excellent. BJ's call after the turnover was a great call.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15663

                              #1424
                              Well, frustrating loss, but at least we put up a fight this time. I had visions of last year when Utah reeled off 17 straight in the third. Instead, we clawed back and came within inches of sending it into overtime.

                              Sometimes you win 'em, sometimes you lose 'em.

                              Until next year.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              • CJF
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8497

                                #1425
                                Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                As soon as Bronco's undisciplined, unfocused team took the field, he left to bury his head in shame.
                                lol. Ok. So you're a slow learner. Understood.
                                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                                Comment

                                Working...