U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DU Ute
    RIP CUF
    • Dec 2008
    • 7393

    #1396
    Originally posted by eldiente View Post
    Which coach had situational awareness at game's end?
    lol. The only thing better than beating you guys is having a crazy finish to bring all your uptight, ignorant fans out of the woodwork to make fools out of themselves.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #1397
      I heart our defense.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • All-American
        Right, as Usual
        • Nov 2008
        • 15665

        #1398
        Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        I heart our defense.
        Seriously. Our defense is special.

        Our offense is . . . well, special, too.

        Ironically, our special teams was not special at all.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #1399
          Originally posted by fusnik View Post
          Signed the guy who doesn't know what the problem is. You might be the least informed sports poster here. GTFO.
          Initially I wondered what I did to deserve this from you, then I went back and looked at the post I quoted and it wasn't hsaru, it was you. Obviously now your pathetic quote above makes sense. I looked at the content of the post and immediately assumed it was hsaru because I couldn't imagine anybody else being so dense.

          You're not on top of your game - it's okay. That was a heartbreaking and frustrating loss.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #1400
            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            Kickers are assholes and can't be trusted.
            Couldn't have said it better myself.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #1401
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post

              Seems like Bronco and Co. could get that done under the current paradigm. This obviously isn't a great Ute team either.
              I could be wrong, but I think bottom line it is his attitude about his duties as the BYU coach. I heard he was bugged the facility where they held the fireside Friday was only 25% full. Maybe he can wear two hats.

              It is easier to take when it is just emotion you are putting in the program and not looking for a return on contributions.

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #1402
                Seriously, would BYU have walked off the field and forfeited the game at midnight? That would have been worth watching the game ending field goal made, to see that.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #1403
                  Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                  Getting it done meaning beating Utah? Sure, BYU will have its fair share of wins against Utah in the future. But could BYU be a team that wins PAC 12 championships every 3-4 years? Doubtful in my eyes. It's just who we have chosen to be. God and mammon.
                  I am not sure we ever could have been that good. BYU's biggest problem is it's recruiting base. But if we didn't hurt ourselves when we face more athletic teams we could do better than we are doing.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  • LiveCoug
                    LA Ute loves me
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18488

                    #1404
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Seriously, would BYU have walked off the field and forfeited the game at midnight? That would have been worth watching the game ending field goal made, to see that.
                    No.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1405
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      Seriously. Our defense is special.

                      Our offense is . . . well, special, too.

                      Ironically, our special teams was not special at all.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • PaloAltoCougar
                        Semper infra dignitatem
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 16936

                        #1406
                        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                        Seriously, would BYU have walked off the field and forfeited the game at midnight? That would have been worth watching the game ending field goal made, to see that.
                        I believe BYU has won a game on the Sabbath (B-Ball at Wyo, I recall).

                        Comment

                        • Topper
                          Pre-Historic Man
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 11764

                          #1407
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          I could be wrong, but I think bottom line it is his attitude about his duties as the BYU coach. I heard he was bugged the facility where they held the fireside Friday was only 25% full. Maybe he can wear two hats.

                          It is easier to take when it is just emotion you are putting in the program and not looking for a return on contributions.
                          Let him become head fireside director and get a football coach. Let's eliminate the arcane HC, bring on some real football players and get us a kick ass non-Mormon football coach. I like to win important games. Get this lazy ass Mormon outta there!
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                          Comment

                          • venkman
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2199

                            #1408
                            We need a better QB. I'm hoping he's out there.

                            And who was our last clutch PK? Owen Pochman? Effing kickers.

                            Bronco outworked and outcoached by Whitt...AGAIN.

                            FUCK!!
                            "Remember to double tap"

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 37986

                              #1409
                              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              I sort of agree with the general idea, but the reason BYU didn't win tonight wasn't that they didn't have the athletes to compete with Utah. It was that they didn't have enough poise in the tough environment (too many penalties and one horrendous turnover) and they need a better QB and OL.

                              Seems like Bronco and Co. could get that done under the current paradigm. This obviously isn't a great Ute team either.
                              There were a ton of horrible play calls, a slew of boneheaded false starts, and general bad play by DA, RN, but I didn't notice us getting out classed athletically.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #1410
                                Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                                I heart our defense.
                                Utah has a quarterback starting who wasn't recruited by a single other DI school, was at Nebraska Omaha before they cancelled their football program, and John White was injured. Last year it was all John White and defense that got Utah a winning season. I think you're a little quick to judge your defense.
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...