U vs. Y '12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Colly Wolly
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1824

    #1381
    Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
    Look on the bright side. If Riley had made that and sent it to OT, BYU would have had to forfeit because it's past midnight.

    Better to look like we have an inept football team than religious crazies.
    We already look like religious crazies. There is no bright side here.

    Comment

    • eldiente
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 311

      #1382
      Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      Bronco.
      Which coach had situational awareness at game's end?

      Comment

      • Goatnapper'96
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10924

        #1383
        Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
        100% agree. This doesn't hurt that bad for me honestly. I had a stark realization after the Utah game last year. BYU will have some bright moments going forward, and may stay competitive with Utah on a game by game basis, but it won't ever return to former glory years with it's current football culture.

        It's fine if BYU wants to promote strong academics, strict non academic moral standards, and an emphasis on an insulated religious environment, but it can't have a superior athletic department as #4-5 priority. And that's ok.
        Tell that to Dave Rose. I think BYU can be a bit better, but it won't be under Bronco. But I would not recommend running him off, likely to work out similar to Anae.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

        I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

        Comment

        • Green Monstah
          Royal Rooter
          • Aug 2010
          • 13973

          #1384
          Crazy finish. Congrats Utes.

          Your student section was the twelfth man, and the Cougs didn't deserve the win.

          Based on what I saw tonight, 7 or 8 win season. Bring on Taysom in '13.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment

          • DU Ute
            RIP CUF
            • Dec 2008
            • 7393

            #1385
            Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
            Other than losing, I was totally satisfied with the outcome because it made the Utes and their fans look like total imbeciles.
            LOL. It was the student section, rushing the field after the clock was at zero, then being stuck on the field for the last play and running out before the play was dead. It could have happened to BYU or any other fanbase.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

            Comment

            • CardiacCoug
              вот так штука
              • Nov 2008
              • 11013

              #1386
              Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
              100% agree. This doesn't hurt that bad for me honestly. I had a stark realization after the Utah game last year. BYU will have some bright moments going forward, and may stay competitive with Utah on a game by game basis, but it won't ever return to former glory years with it's current football culture.

              It's fine if BYU wants to promote strong academics, strict non academic moral standards, and an emphasis on an insulated religious environment, but it can't have a superior athletic department as #4-5 priority. And that's ok.
              I sort of agree with the general idea, but the reason BYU didn't win tonight wasn't that they didn't have the athletes to compete with Utah. It was that they didn't have enough poise in the tough environment (too many penalties and one horrendous turnover) and they need a better QB and OL.

              Seems like Bronco and Co. could get that done under the current paradigm. This obviously isn't a great Ute team either.

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #1387
                This may sound silly to the rest of you, but what I feel bad for is my 10 year old granddaughter. I at the age of 4 turned her into a BYU fan. She wanted to go to this game so bad and I got her and her Dad tickets on the 40. My son tweated she is really, really down. She will go home to her mother and her whole family who are Ute fans. They won't give her crap, but still as far as being a FB fan, I feel I sent her in the wrong direction.

                I wish she was into firesides so I could console her.

                Comment

                • Maximus
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6026

                  #1388
                  Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  Crazy finish. Congrats Utes.

                  Your student section was the twelfth man, and the Cougs didn't deserve the win.

                  Based on what I saw tonight, 7 or 8 win season. Bring on Taysom in '13 now.
                  FIFY

                  Comment

                  • USUC
                    Chronic Poseur
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 8803

                    #1389
                    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    They need to make hiring a competent O-line coach a top priority in the offseason - I'm afraid we're stuck with Doman.
                    This thing was running great up until Max Hall left. I don't know what happened after that. I just don't know. Maybe it does all come down to Riley.

                    Comment

                    • Colly Wolly
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1824

                      #1390
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                      Tell that to Dave Rose. I think BYU can be a bit better, but it won't be under Bronco. But I would not recommend running him off, likely to work out similar to Anae.
                      Rose is great and has overachieved. I'm not ready to say our basketball is superior yet. Hell, maybe it is, but a final 4 appearance would be nice. I know we have a good rugby team too.

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15674

                        #1391
                        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Crazy finish. Congrats Utes.

                        Your student section was the twelfth man, and the Cougs didn't deserve the win.

                        Based on what I saw tonight, 7 or 8 win season. Bring on Taysom in '13.
                        Yeah, and it almost cost them the game.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • PaloAltoCougar
                          Semper infra dignitatem
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 16939

                          #1392
                          Other thoughts.... If BYU didn't give up touchdowns due to unforced errors on the snap, it would have won tonight, and last year? Okay, 47-10, but still...

                          Also, tonight should put an end to Ute fans mocking BYU fans for rushing the field against USU last year. At least BYU fans wait until the game is over.

                          Bring this defense back next year, and have Taysom and Jamaal in the backfield, and 2013 may not be the death march we fear.
                          Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 09-15-2012, 11:20 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Colly Wolly
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 1824

                            #1393
                            Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            I sort of agree with the general idea, but the reason BYU didn't win tonight wasn't that they didn't have the athletes to compete with Utah. It was that they didn't have enough poise in the tough environment (too many penalties and one horrendous turnover) and they need a better QB and OL.

                            Seems like Bronco and Co. could get that done under the current paradigm. This obviously isn't a great Ute team either.
                            Getting it done meaning beating Utah? Sure, BYU will have its fair share of wins against Utah in the future. But could BYU be a team that wins PAC 12 championships every 3-4 years (if we were in the P12)? Doubtful in my eyes. It's just who we have chosen to be. God and mammon.

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #1394
                              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              This may sound silly to the rest of you, but what I feel bad for is my 10 year old granddaughter. I at the age of 4 turned her into a BYU fan. She wanted to go to this game so bad and I got her and her Dad tickets on the 40. My son tweated she is really, really down. She will go home to her mother and her whole family who are Ute fans. They won't give her crap, but still as far as being a FB fan, I feel I sent her in the wrong direction.

                              I wish she was into firesides so I could console her.
                              lol. You are funny dude.
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • Topper
                                Pre-Historic Man
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 11764

                                #1395
                                Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                This may sound silly to the rest of you, but what I feel bad for is my 10 year old granddaughter. I at the age of 4 turned her into a BYU fan. She wanted to go to this game so bad and I got her and her Dad tickets on the 40. My son tweated she is really, really down. She will go home to her mother and her whole family who are Ute fans. They won't give her crap, but still as far as being a FB fan, I feel I sent her in the wrong direction.

                                I wish she was into firesides so I could console her.
                                My son, 14, told me, "why should I watch BYU against Utah, it usually loses."

                                I, ever the optimist, said, maybe not this year. "He called, saying he had wasted four hours."

                                I told him, "you don't have to watch next year as I after three years running believe you."
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                                Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                                Comment

                                Working...