You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #76
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I had to scratch UVa from the list but we'll be at the home opener. I may also to to the Nevada game at the end of the season in the hope of expunging the horror of Crowton's visit to Reno.
    Aw man. I was hoping to meet Mr. Crawley.

    I am going to UVA. Not much of a roadie since it is about an hour away. Trying to get to Utah for Texas. But the more money I dump into our new home the less likely that seems (not to mention the deductible I just paid for Gidget's second accident in 6 months ). I swear every trip to Lowes or Home Depot is $100. And there have been a lot. I may just drive to South Bend, not sure yet.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27889

      #77
      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      What is on everyone's list for this season? Three are on mine: @UVA, @Notre Dame, and Utah. My first child arrives in four weeks so I'll have to play it by ear.
      @Houston
      @Wisconsin

      I wanted to hit the Virginia game but that won't happen. I hit South Bend last year and it was a fabulous trip despite that one horrible throw.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • Indy Coug
        Heartless Bastard
        • Dec 2008
        • 18747

        #78
        As of right now, it's Utah and (Notre Dame and/or Wisconsin)
        Everything in life is an approximation.

        http://twitter.com/CougarStats

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #79
          Hmmmmmm, it's 5 1/2 hours from Hartsville to Charlottesville......
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • USUC
            Chronic Poseur
            • Apr 2010
            • 8795

            #80
            Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
            What is on everyone's list for this season? Three are on mine: @UVA, @Notre Dame, and Utah. My first child arrives in four weeks so I'll have to play it by ear.
            Our first is due in Late July. This will be the first year I have to try and keep my cool on gameday. I may have to go to more games to not traumatize the newborn.

            Comment

            • Topper
              Pre-Historic Man
              • Nov 2011
              • 11764

              #81
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              I had to scratch UVa from the list but we'll be at the home opener. I may also to to the Nevada game at the end of the season in the hope of expunging the horror of Crowton's visit to Reno.
              No, no, Nein! You brought that scourge upon the Cougs. You of all people should be banished from attending Wolfpack games.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

              Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #82
                Originally posted by USUC View Post
                Our first is due in Late July. This will be the first year I have to try and keep my cool on gameday. I may have to go to more games to not traumatize the newborn.
                You don't have to keep your cool until kid is 6-8, no rush.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • lambdacoug
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 3981

                  #83
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  You don't have to keep your cool until kid is 6-8, no rush.
                  And by then they can join in...
                  Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                  - Howard Aiken

                  Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                  - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #84
                    I'm willing to let myboynoah subsidize my trip(s) this year since the Cougars have never ever lost with me in attendance at a football game.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #85
                      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                      I'm willing to let myboynoah subsidize my trip(s) this year since the Cougars have never ever lost with me in attendance at a football game.
                      Plus, BYU Football is undefeated in Charlottesville, so count me in!!!!!

                      What do you need, $20, $25?
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • FN Phat
                        I ♥ gateway sex
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 8691

                        #86
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Aw man. I was hoping to meet Mr. Crawley.

                        I am going to UVA. Not much of a roadie since it is about an hour away. Trying to get to Utah for Texas. But the more money I dump into our new home the less likely that seems (not to mention the deductible I just paid for Gidget's second accident in 6 months ). I swear every trip to Lowes or Home Depot is $100. And there have been a lot. I may just drive to South Bend, not sure yet.
                        If you go to South Bend I will meet you there.
                        I'm your huckleberry.


                        "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                        Comment

                        • wuapinmon
                          Soul Plumber
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 30711

                          #87
                          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Plus, BYU Football is undefeated in Charlottesville, so count me in!!!!!

                          What do you need, $20, $25?
                          Add a zero, and we're good.
                          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                          Comment

                          • YOhio
                            Hipster Mode
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26165

                            #88
                            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            I swear every trip to Lowes or Home Depot is $100. And there have been a lot.
                            Ha! This is so true.

                            Comment

                            • wuapinmon
                              Soul Plumber
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 30711

                              #89
                              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                              Ha! This is so true.
                              The frustrating part is that you think it'll be $45. You tell yourself, $45. You don't start out thinking it will be $121.17, but when you check out, you can't really put stuff back because you need it. It's not like Costco where I typically don't buy 10% of what I have when I get in line to check out.
                              "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                              The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                              Comment

                              • lambdacoug
                                Junior Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • 3981

                                #90
                                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                Add a zero, and we're good.
                                $025
                                Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                                - Howard Aiken

                                Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                                - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

                                Comment

                                Working...