2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #2131
    Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Shoganai says
    Lol.
    I don't even know what that means.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

    Comment

    • dabrockster
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 10951

      #2132
      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Shoganai says

      Comment

      • YOhio
        Hipster Mode
        • Nov 2008
        • 26165

        #2133
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Lol.
        I don't even know what that means.
        Of course not. You don't have the gift.

        Comment

        • jay santos
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 13652

          #2134
          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Shoganai says
          Shoganai's a Holmoe apologist.

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #2135
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Shoganai's a Holmoe apologist.
            Does he think Holmoe has anymore say in what goes on than say Val Hale did?

            That was his name wasn't it?

            Comment

            • The_Douger
              Athletic Supporter
              • Jun 2012
              • 5413

              #2136
              In case you guys were wondering, I still miss Rondo Fehlberg.
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10951

                #2137
                Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                In case you guys were wondering, I still miss Rondo Fehlberg.

                Comment

                • YOhio
                  Hipster Mode
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26165

                  #2138
                  Now shoganai says:

                  Changes at BYU are inevitable. Some will be visible (o-line), others less so. Some will happen quickly, others will require patience.

                  Comment

                  • kccougar
                    9262
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7020

                    #2139
                    Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    Does he think Holmoe has anymore say in what goes on than say Val Hale did?

                    That was his name wasn't it?
                    I actually think that HOlmoe has quite a bit more say than Hale did.
                    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69716

                      #2140
                      Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      I think he's saying that the higher ups want it run a certain way and Bronco is doing that, but at the cost of a high end football program.

                      He's saying he'll blindly support sacrament meeting and church stuff because I'm assuming he has a testimony of the gospel, but he won't blindly support this because it's not church, it's a football team, and you have to put the time and effort in to be an elite program if that's what you're striving for.
                      Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                      That is exactly what I am saying. Thanks.
                      Crazy talk all the way around.

                      You must have forgotten the circumstances under which Bronco was hired (it was well documented) and how he spent hours in the interview process pitching himself by describing his vision for re-engineering BYU football as a missionary tool for the church. You must have forgotten that Lavell didn't operate this way. You must have forgotten that we currently have a highly successful basketball program that isn't operated this way. And how is it that horrible management of players, dubious assistant coach decisions, and terrible judgement in terms of game time decisions and clock management has anything to do with being forced from above to run a righteous program? Stop kidding yourself. This is all on Bronco.

                      And finally, enough with the martyr act. Nobody is expecting you to support BYU football out of a sense of church duty except for few loons on cougarboard.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #2141
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Crazy talk all the way around.

                        You must have forgotten the circumstances under which Bronco was hired (it was well documented) and how he spent hours in the interview process pitching himself by describing his vision for re-engineering BYU football as a missionary tool for the church. You must have forgotten that Lavell didn't operate this way. You must have forgotten that we currently have a highly successful basketball program that isn't operated this way. And how is it that horrible management of players, dubious assistant coach decisions, and terrible judgement in terms of game time decisions and clock management has anything to do with being forced from above to run a righteous program? Stop kidding yourself. This is all on Bronco.

                        And finally, enough with the martyr act. Nobody is expecting you to support BYU football out of a sense of church duty except for few loons on cougarboard.
                        '71 JL
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • byu71
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22070

                          #2142
                          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Crazy talk all the way around.

                          You must have forgotten the circumstances under which Bronco was hired (it was well documented) and how he spent hours in the interview process pitching himself by describing his vision for re-engineering BYU football as a missionary tool for the church. You must have forgotten that Lavell didn't operate this way. You must have forgotten that we currently have a highly successful basketball program that isn't operated this way. And how is it that horrible management of players, dubious assistant coach decisions, and terrible judgement in terms of game time decisions and clock management has anything to do with being forced from above to run a righteous program? Stop kidding yourself. This is all on Bronco.

                          And finally, enough with the martyr act. Nobody is expecting you to support BYU football out of a sense of church duty except for few loons on cougarboard.
                          Go back and re-read the interview process and see how the "job description" was defined to Bronco and I assume others. I only say "assume" because they haven't openly disclosed what was said to them. From information I have, which in no way in hell would I share with someone with such a condescending attitude as yourself, Reid and Reynolds did not sing the "we can win big" without having football a priority song.

                          Yea, to Bronco's credit he sang the song the folks doing the hiring wanted to hear. After losses he has gotten verbal and written support from higher ups indicating basically the things he is doing is more important than winning.

                          Go ahead and rag on Bronco all you want and continue with your lala land belief that RM's and the "right" kind of kids can lead us to the promise land if we only had a great coach.

                          By the way character shots don't phase me.

                          Comment

                          • DU Ute
                            RIP CUF
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 7393

                            #2143
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                            Comment

                            • The_Douger
                              Athletic Supporter
                              • Jun 2012
                              • 5413

                              #2144
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Crazy talk all the way around.

                              You must have forgotten the circumstances under which Bronco was hired (it was well documented) and how he spent hours in the interview process pitching himself by describing his vision for re-engineering BYU football as a missionary tool for the church. You must have forgotten that Lavell didn't operate this way. You must have forgotten that we currently have a highly successful basketball program that isn't operated this way. And how is it that horrible management of players, dubious assistant coach decisions, and terrible judgement in terms of game time decisions and clock management has anything to do with being forced from above to run a righteous program? Stop kidding yourself. This is all on Bronco.

                              And finally, enough with the martyr act. Nobody is expecting you to support BYU football out of a sense of church duty except for few loons on cougarboard.
                              I'm just to the point that I think Bronco is Steve Cleveland, who I really like but wasn't going to take us further than we traveled during his tenure.

                              Unfortunately, I think Bronco is a great guy and I don't think he's going to be able to get us better than a 10-2 or 9-3 season where we lose to any team with a pulse.

                              And I can live with that. I get that we're spoiled as a fanbase, overall. I guess I just want the things the teams we're consistently compared with are getting, which is BCS games, moving to a better conference, etc.

                              I get that much of that is out of our control. But, that's still what I want.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                              Comment

                              • Donuthole
                                Official Outgayer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 25268

                                #2145
                                Someone will eventually be held accountable for poor play. If the coaches won't act with credibility, their bosses will.
                                Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                                Lol.
                                I don't even know what that means.
                                Count me among those hoping "Act with Credibility" becomes BYU's official T-shirt slogan for next year.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                                Comment

                                Working...