2012 BYU Football Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #1876
    Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    Just curious - what did Hans say about the U game?
    Probably something about how terrible the line and playcalling was and the game wasn't Riley's fault. These are valid points in the context of Riley's poor performance; otherwise they are just invalid excuses.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 38000

      #1877
      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      I finally moved to a place where the sports radio is as bad as it is in Utah. It took 15 years and several states before it happened. Actually, it's probably still not as bad as Utah, but it's close enough I'll pretend that it is for purposes of this discussion.
      Vegas. Its worse.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69744

        #1878
        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        I finally moved to a place where the sports radio is as bad as it is in Utah. It took 15 years and several states before it happened. Actually, it's probably still not as bad as Utah, but it's close enough I'll pretend that it is for purposes of this discussion.
        Hawaii is worse. I can't imagine anywhere being worse than Hawaii.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #1879
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Hawaii is worse. I can't imagine anywhere being worse than Hawaii.
          Alaska?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Shaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 10450

            #1880
            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Probably something about how terrible the line and playcalling was and the game wasn't Riley's fault. These are valid points in the context of Riley's poor performance; otherwise they are just invalid excuses.
            He saddled Riley with some blame. However he's right, it's tough for any QB to do his job when the line was sucking that bad and earning that many penalties. Riley's performance, or lack of performance was in large part due to the poor play of the line.

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #1881
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Hawaii is worse. I can't imagine anywhere being worse than Hawaii.
              Dude, if you're listening to sports radio in Hawaii, you're doing it all wrong.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15674

                #1882
                Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                Dude, if you're listening to sports radio in Hawaii, you're doing it all wrong.
                Unless, of course, BYU is playing at Hawaii.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • PaloAltoCougar
                  Semper infra dignitatem
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 16940

                  #1883
                  Yesterday's mail brought a package from Cougar Club, a European carry all (NOT A PURSE!) with "BYU Cougar Club" embroidered on the flap. It's very nice, consisting of genuine man-made materials. I did not request or order this, but I appreciate it. Was this an apology for last week?

                  Comment

                  • UtahJazzFan88
                    Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 1678

                    #1884
                    What is there to talk about on sports radio in Hawaii? Hawaii football for 12 months? Is there some sort of surfing competitions to talk about? BYU-Hawaii?

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69744

                      #1885
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      Dude, if you're listening to sports radio in Hawaii, you're doing it all wrong.
                      What should I be doing when stuck in traffic in Oahu?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #1886
                        Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        What should I be doing when stuck in traffic in Oahu?
                        Listening to Hawaiian music. Duh.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • Art Vandelay
                          Striving for mediocrity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10516

                          #1887
                          Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Vegas. Its worse.
                          Vegas is incredibly biased when it comes to discussing BYU v. UNLV (which accounts for most of the times I've listened to sports talk, there). However, they do have some shows on discussing general gambling and betting lines that are pretty good listening. So no, Vegas sports radio is not worse than Utah.

                          As to the Hawaii, and wherever Carmen San Diego Indy is living at now, there are certainly worse local broadcasts, especially in smaller markets. But Utah is a decent size market and at any given time has 1 or 2 local shows on the dial, most any time of the day. They should be able to have at least one broadcaster that is average, yet there isn't

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #1888
                            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Listening to Hawaiian music. Duh.
                            lol.

                            On one particular trip to Hawaii, we stayed with friends in Laie. The entire trip was filled with Ka'au Crater Boys music every single time we stepped into the car to drive anywhere.

                            Hawaiian music is fun for the first hour or so after you land. It puts you in the island mood while you are driving along the ocean. Hawaiian music is not as fun driving home at 3AM on New years Eve when everyone is red-eyed, exhausted, and hungry.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • falafel
                              loves to talk on things
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 38000

                              #1889
                              Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              Vegas is incredibly biased when it comes to discussing BYU v. UNLV (which accounts for most of the times I've listened to sports talk, there). However, they do have some shows on discussing general gambling and betting lines that are pretty good listening. So no, Vegas sports radio is not worse than Utah.
                              They talk college basketball pretty well, but that is all. And those gambling show suck. Sorry. I think you're interested in the "novel" concept and fail to recognize how horrible the hosts are.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                              Dig your own grave, and save!

                              "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                              "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                              Comment

                              • YOhio
                                Hipster Mode
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26165

                                #1890
                                Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Yesterday's mail brought a package from Cougar Club, a European carry all (NOT A PURSE!) with "BYU Cougar Club" embroidered on the flap. It's very nice, consisting of genuine man-made materials. I did not request or order this, but I appreciate it. Was this an apology for last week?

                                Comment

                                Working...