The Heaps Reclamation Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shaka
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 10450

    #856
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    Based on the post from CB about Jake's dad and the rumors about both Heaps' parents meddling concerning the playcalling and offensive coaching staff last year, it's hard to think there's anything more to the Doman/Heaps relationship thing than Heaps' parents blaming Doman for Heaps poor play and his benching, and subsequently controlling and manipulating Jake into transferring.

    I like to give the benefit of the doubt to parents but I'm sliding quickly towards this line of thinking. IMHO someone with Jake's ear, most likely his parents, is not thinking clearly.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #857
      Now that Jake has left BYU, I dont care where he goes or what he does. I'm surprised so many folks here care. Is it simply to get some closure or are some of you still invested in him as a player?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #858
        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        Now that Jake has left BYU, I dont care where he goes or what he does. I'm surprised so many folks here care. Is it simply to get some closure or are some of you still invested in him as a player?
        Of course we care. You do too. How could you not be interested about the outcome when he started a year and a half for us and was our QB of the future?

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #859
          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Of course we care. You do too. How could you not be interested about the outcome when he started a year and a half for us and was our QB of the future?
          I'm not following what he is doing now. If he decides to not go anywhere or if he goes to Kansas or whatever, what do I care? He can do whatever he wants now, it has no further effect on BYU. He left the program or quit for whatever reason. My investment in him is over.

          The better question is why do others care. Let's say he decides to go to Kansas. Then what? You tell me since you seem to care. I honestly don't get it. Are you going to follow him week to week, read articles, etc? What for?
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • NorthShoreCoug
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 327

            #860
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            Now that Jake has left BYU, I dont care where he goes or what he does. I'm surprised so many folks here care. Is it simply to get some closure or are some of you still invested in him as a player?
            Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Of course we care. You do too. How could you not be interested about the outcome when he started a year and a half for us and was our QB of the future?
            I'm a BYU football fan. Not a Jake Heaps fan. When Jake Heaps was part of the BYU program, then I was a Jake Heaps fan. Now that he isn't , I'm not a fan of his anymore. He isn't much different than Jordan Johnson (University of Montana's QB, who I had to look up to find his name) in that regard.

            However, I might say I'm a bit of a fan of LDS athletes in general - I like to see them succeed, unless their success comes at the cost to BYU sports. So from that perspective, I still have a bit of interest in Jake's career.

            But on the flip side, Jake's recent choices can be interpreted as a "dissing" of my team, and because of that, I have a bit of a "anti-Heaps" attitude. I realized I had this with BO as well, a part of me liked seeing him struggle (even while another part hoped he succeeded).

            The bottom line to all of this is that I'm a lot closer to DDD's attitude in regards to Heaps, with a little bit of mixed interest in what happens to him in the future.

            But I am a big Riley Nelson fan at the moment!

            Comment

            • Flystripper
              Degenerate Gambler
              • Nov 2008
              • 14105

              #861
              I am curious to see how he does at a different program because of what it might tell us about BYU's program. I don't care what he does, but I have interest in how well he will perform.

              If he does well I will have questions (probably without answers) as to what could could have been...
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

              Comment

              • Shaka
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 10450

                #862
                I try to keep tabs on high profile LDS athletes. That and curiosity will keep me following Jake's career.

                Comment

                • jay santos
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 13652

                  #863
                  Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I'm not following what he is doing now. If he decides to not go anywhere or if he goes to Kansas or whatever, what do I care? He can do whatever he wants now, it has no further effect on BYU. He left the program or quit for whatever reason. My investment in him is over.

                  The better question is why do others care. Let's say he decides to go to Kansas. Then what? You tell me since you seem to care. I honestly don't get it. Are you going to follow him week to week, read articles, etc? What for?
                  I've spent a lot of time watching, talking about, analyzing Jake Heaps over the past years. It's kind of hard to just shut that off immediately. I'm very interested to see where he goes. I'll be somewhat interested in following his collegiate and potential NFL career. I probably won't read articles or go out of my way to watch his games, but I'll check in every now and then to see how he's doing and maybe watch him if I'm flipping through the channels and he's on.

                  Comment

                  • CardiacCoug
                    вот так штука
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 11013

                    #864
                    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    I've spent a lot of time watching, talking about, analyzing Jake Heaps over the past years. It's kind of hard to just shut that off immediately. I'm very interested to see where he goes. I'll be somewhat interested in following his collegiate and potential NFL career. I probably won't read articles or go out of my way to watch his games, but I'll check in every now and then to see how he's doing and maybe watch him if I'm flipping through the channels and he's on.
                    I will go out of my way to watch (or at least DVR) Jake Heaps playing under Mike Leach. That's a convergence of interesting LDS people that I wouldn't want to miss.

                    And yeah I don't see why any BYU football fan wouldn't be interested in seeing what Jake can do at another school.

                    Comment

                    • byu71
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22070

                      #865
                      I have a hierarchy to tribe loyalty.

                      First loyalty is to BYU players and ex players.

                      Second loyalty is to LDS kids.

                      So if Heaps was going up against a non LDS ex BYU QB in a NFL game, I would be rooting against Jake. If Jake is playing for Cal against USC, I would be pulling for Jake.

                      Comment

                      • CardiacCoug
                        вот так штука
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 11013

                        #866
                        Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        I have a hierarchy to tribe loyalty.

                        First loyalty is to BYU players and ex players.

                        Second loyalty is to LDS kids.

                        So if Heaps was going up against a non LDS ex BYU QB in a NFL game, I would be rooting against Jake. If Jake is playing for Cal against USC, I would be pulling for Jake.
                        Sounds like a good way to do it. BYU definitely trumps LDS, agreed.

                        Comment

                        • Pelado
                          Bald not naked
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 21153

                          #867
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          I have a hierarchy to tribe loyalty.

                          First loyalty is to BYU players and ex players.

                          Second loyalty is to LDS kids.

                          So if Heaps was going up against a non LDS ex BYU QB in a NFL game, I would be rooting against Jake. If Jake is playing for Cal against USC, I would be pulling for Jake.
                          Now you're just baiting DDD.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

                          Comment

                          • Jeff Lebowski
                            Corporate lackey for Jesus
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 69747

                            #868
                            I am with DDD. I don't care.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13981

                              #869
                              As a child of God, I hope he is successful in what he does, and I'd like to track his path to success.

                              As a BYU fan, I hope he falls flat on his face and royally sucks it up.

                              That's why I continue to follow Hypes.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #870
                                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                As a child of God, I hope he is successful in what he does, and I'd like to track his path to success.

                                As a BYU fan, I hope he falls flat on his face and royally sucks it up.

                                That's why I continue to follow Hypes.
                                Sounds reasonable. I understand why my USU buddies get so upset at Riley's success. They really hate the guy.

                                Comment

                                Working...