Originally posted by LA Ute
View Post
The Pac-12 participation thread.
Collapse
X
-
why does the govenor have to approve it?"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum
"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla
-
so are they counting the cal v colorado game as a conference game?? they both have 10 conference games."Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum
"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla
Comment
-
They are counting it as a ooc game. Both teams decided they didn't want to find a replacement on such short noticeOriginally posted by Mormon Red Death View Postso are they counting the cal v colorado game as a conference game?? they both have 10 conference games."The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."
"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."
"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."
-Rick Majerus
Comment
-
So this segment about USC students got the show "The College Experiment" cancelled on Fox Sports.
[YOUTUBE]gr5ZBk655Rc&[/YOUTUBE]Get confident, stupid
-landpoke
Comment
-
Okay Ute fans, now comes the interesting part of the season. The win against BYU was nice but ultimately meaningless. I'm actually more worried that we walk away from that game thinking that we are better than we are because we have several teams that are better than BYU in front of us, IMO.
We have two weeks to get ready for a Washington team that gave #11 Nebraska a game today. Then an ASU team who had a tough loss to Iowa this week but who beat a ranked Missouri team the week before. They have USC this next week which should be telling. I really feel like the next three weeks will tell us whether we are in the running in the south division. Should be interesting.
Comment
-
I am hoping the BYE week gives us a chance to recover from the bangs and bruises tonight. Both teams fought like lions in the first half.Originally posted by UtahDan View PostOkay Ute fans, now comes the interesting part of the season. The win against BYU was nice but ultimately meaningless. I'm actually more worried that we walk away from that game thinking that we are better than we are because we have several teams that are better than BYU in front of us, IMO.
We have two weeks to get ready for a Washington team that gave #11 Nebraska a game today. Then an ASU team who had a tough loss to Iowa this week but who beat a ranked Missouri team the week before. They have USC this next week which should be telling. I really feel like the next three weeks will tell us whether we are in the running in the south division. Should be interesting.“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
You know, I read that and noticed that GoMo called the Rose Bowl "Granddady" a day or so after I called it "Granddaddy."Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Posthttp://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/52...onson.html.csp
10 rules for going to THE ROSE BOWL GAME for Utah. I guess starting 0-1 in conf is reason to dream!
I am convinced all of these guys read this board.
Keep in mind that GoMo knows me and has already referenced me on his radio show, as has PK.Fitter. Happier. More Productive.
sigpic
Comment
-
interview with Larry Scott about the PAC-12 decision to stop the music:
“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Boy, Gordon Monson is an awful columnist.Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Posthttp://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/52...onson.html.csp
10 rules for going to THE ROSE BOWL GAME for Utah. I guess starting 0-1 in conf is reason to dream!"I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
"Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute
Comment
-
Stoops getting fired?
A HC firing mid-season makes a statement.Arizona will hold a news conference at 6 p.m. Monday, presumably to discuss the future of the Arizona Wildcats football program, two sources told TucsonCitizen.com late this afternoon.
Speculation is that coach Mike Stoops will be relieved of his duties.
Athletic director Greg Byrne will address the media at 6 p.m.
Stoops is 41-50 in his eighth season at Arizona. The Wildcats have lost 10 consecutive games at FBS opponents.
More later …"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
"Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!
Comment
-
Will Bronco be a candidate for the job?Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
-
Crap. Now Nebraska is going to have the craziest coach in the FBS. Having Stoops around as the #1 was nice to divert some of the attention.Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Comment
-
Stoops is bat shit crazy. If you're winning, the whole sideline insanity works but when you perpetually underachieve your players will tune you out."Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault
"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors
Comment
Comment