2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #1336
    Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Of course, if he was a likely redshirt regardless. I didn't know he was a likely redshirt prior to the injury, however.
    Yeah he's last on the depth chart b/c of his being straight outta high school. I don't doubt he could have swam upwards a bit based on his physical prowess. Dude is huge and fast.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #1337
      Originally posted by Commando View Post
      Yeah he's last on the depth chart b/c of his being straight outta high school. I don't doubt he could have swam upwards a bit based on his physical prowess. Dude is huge and fast.
      Jorgensen is an athletic freak. I think he will be a big time player for BYU.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • Sizzle
        #ThisIsY
        • Nov 2008
        • 9004

        #1338
        Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
        You can feel the hate in these comments from Hinds:

        "I love it, I absolutely love how Bronco explained it to me when I met with him," he said about playing OLB. "I think that with what I can do athletically, that playing outside linebacker in a 3-4 system is perfect for me."

        He'll also be playing in that system for a defensive coach that esteems very highly.

        "Coach Mendenhall is one of the best, maybe the best defensive mind in the country," said Hinds. "He knows defense and how to coach defense as well as anyone. That was a big thing in my mind. I know that people say that I could have played in better defensive systems, and that I committed because of the other things besides football, but that isn't true at all. I love everything about how they play football there, and how Bronco coaches on defense."

        http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ry-reason.html
        Why bring hate in to this? What does that have to do with anything?

        Comment

        • Hot Lunch
          Out of Office
          • Nov 2008
          • 7842

          #1339
          Everyone is talking about Wynn's shoulder and being held out because of soreness. He at least he had shoulder surgery. What are these guys excuse?

          SLB Jordan Pendleton: kept out of live reps with lower body soreness; "we'll just try and be smart with him."

          WR Ross Apo: practiced some, but was kept out of most contact and live reps with leg soreness, similar to Pendleton.
          http://www.ksl.com/?sid=16750824&nid=498

          I think it was Hans I heard mention this earlier today when they were talking about Wynn's soreness.

          EDIT: I forgot Pendleton had knew surgery last year.
          Last edited by Hot Lunch; 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM.
          "Take it to the Bank"

          Comment

          • old_gregg
            scaly man fish
            • Nov 2009
            • 16915

            #1340
            Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
            Everyone is talking about Wynn's shoulder and being held out because of soreness. He at least he had shoulder surgery. What are these guys excuse?



            http://www.ksl.com/?sid=16750824&nid=498

            I think it was Hans I heard mention this earlier today when they were talking about Wynn's soreness.

            EDIT: I forgot Pendleton had knew surgery last year.
            I'm not sure they or anyone else is denying that they aren't fully recovered. The issue with Wynn is the statement that he's practicing at 100%, which he's clearly not. I for one am very worried about pendletn's knee. It could really hurt what was pretty great potential.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

            Comment

            • Hot Lunch
              Out of Office
              • Nov 2008
              • 7842

              #1341
              Originally posted by camleish View Post
              I'm not sure they or anyone else is denying that they aren't fully recovered. The issue with Wynn is the statement that he's practicing at 100%, which he's clearly not. I for one am very worried about pendletn's knee. It could really hurt what was pretty great potential.
              If I were a BYU fan, I would be worried about Pendleton's knee. As a Ute fan, I am extremely worried about Wynn's shoulder....... And his head.
              "Take it to the Bank"

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #1342
                Jake had his first ugly day today and Riley fights back for the backup spot!

                Day 5 is done; Heaps with his first live "team" INT of camp. Heaps: 1/2, 9 yds, INT. Nelson 3/3, 39 yds, TD. Lark 1/1, 13 yds, TD.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • MarkGrace
                  Grooveshark dick tease
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31546

                  #1343
                  Finally some good news on TE front.

                  Tight ends looked good today at #BYU camp. Austin Holt made some nice grabs, and Richard Wilson caught a 14-yard TD pass from Riley Nelson
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                  Comment

                  • MarkGrace
                    Grooveshark dick tease
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 31546

                    #1344
                    Been interested to hear about the FBs

                    TB Michael Alisa looked very good today; he and FB Iona Pritchard team up at times in the backfield, and that is a nice combo.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                    Comment

                    • MarkGrace
                      Grooveshark dick tease
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 31546

                      #1345
                      Pendelton back in action today (but count me among those still concerned about his health)

                      Nothing too serious on the injury front; Austen Jorgensen rolled his ankle a bit today. LB Jordan Pendleton was back and live with the "1's"
                      Bronco said after practice that both JP and KVN are ahead of where he thought they'd be currently
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                      Comment

                      • MarkGrace
                        Grooveshark dick tease
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 31546

                        #1346
                        Uale can't afford to be missing practices with Hague hot on his heels.

                        Meantime, Hague just keeps on making plays. Travis Uale was out today (class), but the fight for #1 FS is a serious competition right now.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                        Comment

                        • MarkGrace
                          Grooveshark dick tease
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 31546

                          #1347
                          Haven't heard a lot from The Hoff so far.

                          Highlights of today's "skelly" session (6 v. 8; O v. D): an athletic interception by Hague, and an unbelievable TD catch from Hoffman.
                          Hoffman is a big guy, but he had to climb the ladder on the back line to snag a high ball for six; amazing athletic ability, and super grab.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                          Comment

                          • MarkGrace
                            Grooveshark dick tease
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 31546

                            #1348
                            More on the FBs

                            Been more impressed with Michael Alisa at #BYU camp, but Mendenhall went on and on today about FB Iona Pritchard. Compared him to Manase.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                            Comment

                            • MarkGrace
                              Grooveshark dick tease
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 31546

                              #1349
                              Some comments on the secondary

                              More Bronco: "(Sampson is) confident and he's a good athlete...really capable, and I wouldn't be surprised if he earns a role in there."
                              Bronco on Joe Sampson, who saw some first-string reps at BC today: "he's still learning our system but he knows how to play the game."
                              Bronco on CB battles: "...the good news is there are players there...I'd love to see it start emerging a little quicker than it is."
                              Bronco says determining starters at corner is "still a number of practices away...no one has really emerged as THE player at either spot."
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                              Comment

                              • Coach McGuirk
                                1
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 12109

                                #1350
                                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                                As a Ute fan, I am extremely worried about Wynn's shoulder....... And his head.

                                Did Wynn have brain surgery? That is good news!

                                Comment

                                Working...