2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BemidjiCoug
    Junior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 466

    #2026
    Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    They need to fire up that HD truck and get it to Oregon.
    I agree, I find it very hard to believe that the game won't be on ESPN. .
    Last edited by BemidjiCoug; 10-04-2011, 07:10 AM.

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #2027
      Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
      I agree, I find it very hard to believe that the game won't be on ESPN.

      you do? ESPN had first rights and passed. Fox was up next and passed.

      Makes total sense ESPN wants back in on this powerhouse ratings grabber.

      Comment

      • BemidjiCoug
        Junior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 466

        #2028
        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        you do? ESPN had first rights and passed. Fox was up next and passed.

        Makes total sense ESPN wants back in on this powerhouse ratings grabber.
        The game should at least be on ESPN U

        Comment

        • Shaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 10450

          #2029
          Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
          I agree, I find it very hard to believe that the game won't be on ESPN. .
          Screw that. Put it live on BYU TV so LDS folks around the globe can cheer BYU to victory.

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #2030
            Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Screw that. Put it live on BYU TV so LDS folks around the globe can cheer BYU to victory.
            I can see Pac giving rights to this game to BYUTV...like when hell freezes over. I wonder how LAUte and IPU feel about that.

            Comment

            • TheBYUGuy
              Friend of Rodin
              • Sep 2009
              • 1442

              #2031
              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
              I can see Pac giving rights to this game to BYUTV...like when hell freezes over.
              If the Beavs try any funny business, Kal and Stanford will step in to veto it, no doubt.

              Comment

              • YOhio
                Hipster Mode
                • Nov 2008
                • 26165

                #2032
                Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                I can see Pac giving rights to this game to BYUTV...like when hell freezes over. I wonder how LAUte and IPU feel about that.
                Just in case hell does freeze over I urge all to be prepared by going to www.shelfreliance.com, a BYUtv sponsor.

                Comment

                • falafel
                  loves to talk on things
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 37992

                  #2033
                  slmandel Stewart Mandel
                  by Harmonwrites
                  This independence thing is working nicely for BYU. I feel like I've seen them on TV more than any team outside of LSU.
                  Too bad they haven't been great performances...
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                  Dig your own grave, and save!

                  "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                  "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #2034
                    Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Too bad they haven't been great performances...
                    People that watched any of the games in their entirety without allegiance to either team should be rewarded with a subscription to Popular Mechanics, paid for by BYU.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • LiveCoug
                      LA Ute loves me
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18488

                      #2035
                      So, the only way to watch the OSU BYU game is to pay 10 bucks to watch it over the internet? Lame.

                      Comment

                      • TheBYUGuy
                        Friend of Rodin
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 1442

                        #2036
                        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        So, the only way to watch the OSU BYU game is to pay 10 bucks to watch it over the internet? Lame.
                        What tier of rights is that, and how much of the $10 will trickle its way down to Kyle Whittingham's waistline?

                        Comment

                        • falafel
                          loves to talk on things
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 37992

                          #2037
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          I've noticed that there are a ton of players with the same number this season. I know it's a fairly common practice for a couple of players to have the same number, but it seems like this team is loaded with same number players. I know it's probably necessary with a big roster, but it kind of annoys me.
                          I've noticed that as well. Here's the ones that jump out:

                          9 - Heaps, Sorensen
                          6 - Jacobson, Jordan Johnson
                          3 - Lark, KVN
                          2 - Hoffman, Spencer Hadley

                          I just checked the roster, and there are actually a ton more. If some of these guys were playing better, things could be a lot more confusing. Has it always been like this?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          Dig your own grave, and save!

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #2038
                            Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Has it always been like this?
                            Yes. Maybe not to this extent. But offensive and defensive players have always shared numbers.

                            Comment

                            • Flystripper
                              Degenerate Gambler
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 14095

                              #2039
                              Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Yes. Maybe not to this extent. But offensive and defensive players have always shared numbers.
                              yeah special teams can get tricky.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

                              Comment

                              • Sizzle
                                #ThisIsY
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9004

                                #2040
                                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                                So, the only way to watch the OSU BYU game is to pay 10 bucks to watch it over the internet? Lame.
                                Link?

                                Comment

                                Working...