2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #2011
    Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Sampson is really good at least for BYU. Hadley had some inept efforts against Utah, I think one of the long TDs for the Utes, that happened before I turned into a string-puller and headed for the vehicle, was basically a jump ball that Preston just mistimed. Saying that, he hits hard and I think would be the better FS. My dream for next year is that Jordan Johnson develops into a kick ass cover corner and takes the field corner position, Sampson is still around next year and plays the boundary. Hadley at FS and Sorenson at SS.
    I am pretty sure that was Eason who mistimed the one you are mentioning. But I could be off. I haven't gone back to watch the replay.

    Comment

    • smokymountainrain
      Impressive Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 22593

      #2012
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      I am pretty sure that was Eason who mistimed the one you are mentioning. But I could be off. I haven't gone back to watch the replay.
      Yep. That was definitely Eason. Hadley has been pretty damn good so far.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

      Comment

      • Coach McGuirk
        1
        • Nov 2008
        • 12109

        #2013
        Apparently the Oregon state game is not televised.

        Comment

        • Shaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 10449

          #2014
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          Apparently the Oregon state game is not televised.
          WTF!!!!!!

          Comment

          • Sizzle
            #ThisIsY
            • Nov 2008
            • 9004

            #2015
            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
            Apparently the Oregon state game is not televised.
            Are you serious? They've got to be able to work SOMETHING out... No?

            Comment

            • jay santos
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 13652

              #2016
              Speaking of Oregon State, why did the Pac allow them to play us late in the season?

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #2017
                Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                Speaking of Oregon State, why did the Pac allow them to play us late in the season?
                I think the new rule goes in to effect after all the current contracts are up. USC and Notre Dame have a deal to play in November until like 2018.

                Oregon State and BYU was already signed before the Pac made the change.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • jay santos
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 13652

                  #2018
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  I think the new rule goes in to effect after all the current contracts are up. USC and Notre Dame have a deal to play in November until like 2018.

                  Oregon State and BYU was already signed before the Pac made the change.
                  Something tells me the Pac will be fine with USC and Notre Dame playing whenever they want.

                  Comment

                  • YOhio
                    Hipster Mode
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26165

                    #2019
                    I've noticed that there are a ton of players with the same number this season. I know it's a fairly common practice for a couple of players to have the same number, but it seems like this team is loaded with same number players. I know it's probably necessary with a big roster, but it kind of annoys me.

                    On a similar note, was anyone else at the game when Levi Madrietta, wearing number 7, made a tackle and the PA guy mistakenly credited it to Ben Olson. There was a collective gasp from the crowd and he quickly fixed the mistake. Made me laugh.

                    Comment

                    • Clark Addison
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10305

                      #2020
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      I've noticed that there are a ton of players with the same number this season. I know it's a fairly common practice for a couple of players to have the same number, but it seems like this team is loaded with same number players. I know it's probably necessary with a big roster, but it kind of annoys me.

                      On a similar note, was anyone else at the game when Levi Madrietta, wearing number 7, made a tackle and the PA guy mistakenly credited it to Ben Olson. There was a collective gasp from the crowd and he quickly fixed the mistake. Made me laugh.
                      After Jake was pulled, ESPN would cut to him standing on the sidelines in between every three or four plays. One of the times, they cut to Daniel Sorensen by mistake.

                      Comment

                      • BemidjiCoug
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 466

                        #2021
                        Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Apparently the Oregon state game is not televised.
                        where did you hear this?

                        Comment

                        • Sizzle
                          #ThisIsY
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9004

                          #2022
                          Originally posted by BemidjiCoug View Post
                          where did you hear this?
                          Wrubell tweet.

                          Comment

                          • TheBYUGuy
                            Friend of Rodin
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 1442

                            #2023
                            Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            I've noticed that there are a ton of players with the same number this season. I know it's a fairly common practice for a couple of players to have the same number, but it seems like this team is loaded with same number players. I know it's probably necessary with a big roster, but it kind of annoys me.

                            On a similar note, was anyone else at the game when Levi Madrietta, wearing number 7, made a tackle and the PA guy mistakenly credited it to Ben Olson. There was a collective gasp from the crowd and he quickly fixed the mistake. Made me laugh.
                            Every time Jordan Johnson lined up to receive a kick against Texas, the PA guy said it was McKay Jacobsen. I think it happened at Ole Miss, too, but can't remember for sure.

                            Comment

                            • TheBYUGuy
                              Friend of Rodin
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1442

                              #2024
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Apparently the Oregon state game is not televised.
                              Thanks, Pacific-12 Conference TV partners!

                              Comment

                              • Shaka
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 10449

                                #2025
                                Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                                Wrubell tweet.

                                They need to fire up that HD truck and get it to Oregon.

                                Comment

                                Working...