2011 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1861
    Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Two things we can learn from this.

    1. DDD works within walking distance of the Fanzz store at Gateway.

    2. DDD is off the Fit Day regimen (large?!)
    I'm not sure which is scarier, your stalking of Keyser DDDze or the thought of what wuap might be capable of doing, in a fit of jealous rage.

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #1862
      3D, did he say why they call in the "beetdigger?"
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • creekster
        It is NOT a monkey!
        • Nov 2008
        • 22661

        #1863
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        3D, did he say why they call in the "beetdigger?"
        My guesses are becasue:

        1. It is especially popular around State street and 100th south

        OR

        2. The cougar's paw dangling in the U looks like he is digging something and seeing as it is from Utah and all, they immediately thought of sugar beets
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

        Comment

        • Portland Ute
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 5647

          #1864
          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I went to Fanzz at the Gateway. Not a big selection of BYU gear in their downtown SLC store

          I am going to call the football office and demand to know.
          The guys at that store call it the "wall of shame."

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #1865
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I couldn't wait any longer.

            I am now the owner of a Beet Digger shirt and hat.

            I was going to order the same shirt of Fanzz site but they don't carry in XXL. Based on the look of the material it looks like it will shrink a fair bit so I am not sure I want the XL. How does this shirt run size-wise?

            Also, thanks for sleuthing for me. I appreciate it. I did a similar process last year when I was trying to hunt down the basketball warm ups the team wore on the plane to Glens Falls. The response I got wasn't positive as to why more stuff isn't made available (I bitched for example about not having a Nike replica of the greatest player in the country). I am really hoping that with increased exposure that we'll see more merch available to us.

            Edit: Looks like the 2XL is back in stock. Still not sure though which size to get.
            Last edited by Surfah; 08-30-2011, 06:44 AM.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • WashingtonCoug
              Monsters like me
              • Jan 2009
              • 1489

              #1866
              What happened to the football commercial out in the rain? It looks like it's been erased from the interwebs. My guess is that DDD tipped of the licensing department to the contraband apparel. Either Nike or BYU put the end to that. Thanks a lot DDD!
              "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
              —Abraham Maslow

              Comment

              • old_gregg
                scaly man fish
                • Nov 2009
                • 16915

                #1867
                Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                The guys at that store call it the "wall of shame."
                If they had a degree from byu (or had majored in something other than a social science) they probably wouldn't be at working at Fanzz
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #1868
                  With a heavy heart I retired my Jimmer sig pic. But it's time. Time to Rise Up!
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • falafel
                    loves to talk on things
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 37988

                    #1869
                    drewjay Jay Drew
                    In his weekly teleconference this morning, #BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said LB Kyle Van Noy has progressed the most this season.
                    I'm very excited to see a soph KVN starting on the outside.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                    Dig your own grave, and save!

                    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                    "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #1870
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I was going to order the same shirt of Fanzz site but they don't carry in XXL. Based on the look of the material it looks like it will shrink a fair bit so I am not sure I want the XL. How does this shirt run size-wise?

                      Also, thanks for sleuthing for me. I appreciate it. I did a similar process last year when I was trying to hunt down the basketball warm ups the team wore on the plane to Glens Falls. The response I got wasn't positive as to why more stuff isn't made available (I bitched for example about not having a Nike replica of the greatest player in the country). I am really hoping that with increased exposure that we'll see more merch available to us.

                      Edit: Looks like the 2XL is back in stock. Still not sure though which size to get.
                      I'm rocking my Beet Digger T today at work. I'm not sure if the shirt will shrink much, unless you blast it in the dryer. It is made of that pre-washed soft cotton, so it has already been shrunk up prior to printing. I will wash and dry it tonight and let you know what happens.

                      One thing about the shirt, though. It is slightly trim in the middle and slightly elongated. It isnt a true "trim fit" cut shirt, though, so it isn't tight. I say get your normal t-shirt size. You should be fine. I wish it were about an inch shorter in length, though.

                      Also, it has a Euro trim around the neck...so no Hanes Beefy Tee 1.5 inch collar. Definitely a scoop neck G t-shirt. Unless you like half of your garment top to be hanging out around the neck

                      Finally, interesting that you mention the negative response about available merch. The guy in the licensing dept told me that they are continually frustrated by Nike with regards to merch availability. He said that they order everything a year in advance, so when something special comes along, a la Jimmer Mania, Nike is awful at moving quickly on it. That is why we saw a ton of those local Jimmer special t shirts for sale and zero Nike Jimmer shirts. Nike made an offer to print up Jimmer stuff and have it available....by May.

                      I still think something has to be improved at the BYU bookstore, though. Despite being hamstrung by Nike, I can compare the BYU bookstore merch with the SC bookstore merch and the difference is night and day. They are both dealing with Nike yet SC has loads of cool stuff and always in stock. BYU has a bunch of lame stuff, limited cool items, and the cool stuff never gets re-stocked.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #1871
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I'm rocking my Beet Digger T today at work. I'm not sure if the shirt will shrink much, unless you blast it in the dryer. It is made of that pre-washed soft cotton, so it has already been shrunk up prior to printing. I will wash and dry it tonight and let you know what happens.

                        One thing about the shirt, though. It is slightly trim in the middle and slightly elongated. It isnt a true "trim fit" cut shirt, though, so it isn't tight. I say get your normal t-shirt size. You should be fine. I wish it were about an inch shorter in length, though.

                        Also, it has a Euro trim around the neck...so no Hanes Beefy Tee 1.5 inch collar. Definitely a scoop neck G t-shirt. Unless you like half of your garment top to be hanging out around the neck

                        Finally, interesting that you mention the negative response about available merch. The guy in the licensing dept told me that they are continually frustrated by Nike with regards to merch availability. He said that they order everything a year in advance, so when something special comes along, a la Jimmer Mania, Nike is awful at moving quickly on it. That is why we saw a ton of those local Jimmer special t shirts for sale and zero Nike Jimmer shirts. Nike made an offer to print up Jimmer stuff and have it available....by May.

                        I still think something has to be improved at the BYU bookstore, though. Despite being hamstrung by Nike, I can compare the BYU bookstore merch with the SC bookstore merch and the difference is night and day. They are both dealing with Nike yet SC has loads of cool stuff and always in stock. BYU has a bunch of lame stuff, limited cool items, and the cool stuff never gets re-stocked.
                        That's exactly what they told me about Nike. Same thing with the Jimmer stuff. Which really sucks.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25268

                          #1872
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I'm rocking my Beet Digger T today at work. I'm not sure if the shirt will shrink much, unless you blast it in the dryer. It is made of that pre-washed soft cotton, so it has already been shrunk up prior to printing. I will wash and dry it tonight and let you know what happens.

                          One thing about the shirt, though. It is slightly trim in the middle and slightly elongated. It isnt a true "trim fit" cut shirt, though, so it isn't tight. I say get your normal t-shirt size. You should be fine. I wish it were about an inch shorter in length, though.

                          Also, it has a Euro trim around the neck...so no Hanes Beefy Tee 1.5 inch collar. Definitely a scoop neck G t-shirt. Unless you like half of your garment top to be hanging out around the neck
                          Is it 100% cotton? If so, and it's not pre-shrunk, then it will shrink if you dry it in the dryer, guaranteed. I like the fact that it is long, though. I'm abnormally long there (in the torso, folks!) so finding shirts long enough can prove difficult.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #1873
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Is it 100% cotton? If so, and it's not pre-shrunk, then it will shrink if you dry it in the dryer, guaranteed. I like the fact that it is long, though. I'm abnormally long there (in the torso, folks!) so finding shirts long enough can prove difficult.
                            Here is a pic I just took with my cell phone cam.



                            Also, the shirt is made in El Salvador.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #1874
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Here is a pic I just took with my cell phone cam.



                              Also, the shirt is made in El Salvador.
                              50% polyester = won't shrink much. Maybe a quarter inch in length, at most. That's good news for me.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #1875
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                50% polyester = won't shrink much. Maybe a quarter inch in length, at most. That's good news for me.
                                Same. All my suits are L.

                                However, $9 shipping sucks. Not sure I want to throw down that much for this shirt.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...