Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #3871
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

    Exactly. Check out the replies. What an insanely stupid tweet.
    I liked this response:

    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Art Vandelay
      Striving for mediocrity
      • Jul 2009
      • 10516

      #3872
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

      I liked this response:

      Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #3873
        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

        Wilner is a homeless man's Skip Bayless- a blowhard troll. Can't stand the dude.
        He's either laute, or laute's brother.

        Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
        Last edited by myboynoah; 05-12-2022, 05:20 PM.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • SteelBlue
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 8189

          #3874
          3 of the last 7 was a convenient way to not have to say 3 of the last 10.

          Comment

          • Applejack
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2012
            • 3813

            #3875
            Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

            He's either laute, or laute's brother.

            Edit: I'm a little sad about not playing USU. I've liked that series and the tradition.
            I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.

            Comment

            • Omaha 680
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 11181

              #3876
              Originally posted by Applejack View Post

              I regret not playing usu. especially since we’ve traded up for sdsu and northern Illinois.
              Regional rivalries are important and losing them is the worst part of realignment. I would love to play Utah, Utah State, and Boise State every year but obviously not possible at this point. I would be happy to play Utah every year and alternate Utah State and Boise State though. One of the three should always be on the schedule.

              Comment

              • All-American
                Right, as Usual
                • Nov 2008
                • 15665

                #3877
                Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

                Regional rivalries are important and losing them is the worst part of realignment. I would love to play Utah, Utah State, and Boise State every year but obviously not possible at this point. I would be happy to play Utah every year and alternate Utah State and Boise State though. One of the three should always be on the schedule.
                Namely, Utah
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                Comment

                • USUC
                  Chronic Poseur
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 8793

                  #3878
                  Given a 9 game conference slate, you can only have 1 protected game and that should go to Utah. If, after OU and Texas leave, the conference goes to 8 games then I wouldn't mind seeing Boise and USU alternate.

                  Comment

                  • Green Monstah
                    Royal Rooter
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13955

                    #3879
                    Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69706

                      #3880
                      Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                      Boo.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • USUC
                        Chronic Poseur
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 8793

                        #3881
                        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                        Tennessee cancels 2023 game in Provo. Reportedly a $2MM buyout.
                        This sucks. BYU just canceled 2023 games and now Tennessee backs out? Is there anyone in the FBS even available now?

                        Comment

                        • Bo Diddley
                          Senior
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 18791

                          #3882
                          Maybe the thread title should be changed since 2023 is no longer independent. Dependent Scheduling Rumors?

                          Comment

                          • Joe Public
                            8.1 YPC
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 8525

                            #3883
                            Didn't BYU already dump a bunch of those 2023 games? Does this leave a hole in the schedule, or do the Cougars still have a full slate of games due to joining a conference?
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                            "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                            Comment

                            • Green Monstah
                              Royal Rooter
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 13955

                              #3884
                              It leaves a hole.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                              "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                              Comment

                              • Pelado
                                Bald not naked
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 21142

                                #3885
                                Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                It leaves a hole.
                                There's a hole in the schedule, dear Liza, dear Liza. There's a hole in the schedule, dear Liza, a hole.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

                                Comment

                                Working...