Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jadesroom
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2021
    • 138

    #3886
    What will happen first?
    • Our friends at ESPN will help BYU schedule a P-5 game
    • BYU will schedule a game with an FCS team
    • Hell will freeze over

    Comment

    • Bo Diddley
      Senior
      • Jul 2012
      • 18789

      #3887
      Originally posted by jadesroom View Post
      What will happen first?
      • Our friends at ESPN will help BYU schedule a P-5 game
      • BYU will schedule a game with an FCS team
      • Hell will freeze over
      I'm not up to speed on what BYU's relationship with ESPN is starting in 2023. Regardless, #2 seems more likely. Even so, how many P5 games do we have left that year?

      Any low hanging PAC games to be had? That would be my vote.

      Comment

      • beefytee
        Board eye candy
        • Mar 2009
        • 7542

        #3888
        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Maybe the thread title should be changed since 2023 is no longer independent. Dependent Scheduling Rumors?
        I think it was bad karma from this thread title that kept us out of a conference so long! Should have been Non-conference Scheduling Rumors from the get-go!

        Comment

        • Green Monstah
          Royal Rooter
          • Aug 2010
          • 13955

          #3889
          Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

          I'm not up to speed on what BYU's relationship with ESPN is starting in 2023. Regardless, #2 seems more likely. Even so, how many P5 games do we have left that year?

          Any low hanging PAC games to be had? That would be my vote.
          I think Stanford is available.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11181

            #3890
            2023 SUU game moved to September as expected. Still need another home game after the Tennessee cancelation.

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #3891
              Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
              2023 SUU game moved to September as expected. Still need another home game after the Tennessee cancelation.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27878

                #3892
                Oh man, I wish it were going to be in Huntsville.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #3893
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Oh man, I wish it were going to be in Huntsville.
                  Yeah, but they would have to have it in a larger stadium (like Jerry's world) for all the BYU fans... I have seen larger high school stadiums:

                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  • Omaha 680
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 11181

                    #3894
                    Can someone change this thread title to Non-conference scheduling rumors?

                    I don't hate the H-H series with SMU, especially now that it will be an ACC team. But i do not like that the road game is next year. As the schedul currently stands that is 2 nonconference road games.

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69696

                      #3895
                      Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      Can someone change this thread title to Non-conference scheduling rumors?
                      Done
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21139

                        #3896




                        Oregon State - 2027, 2028
                        California - 2026, 2027
                        Boston College - 2028, 2029
                        Colorado State - 2026, 2029
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • beefytee
                          Board eye candy
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 7542

                          #3897
                          Notre Dame in Provo next year!

                          Comment

                          • BigPiney
                            Huge Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12365

                            #3898
                            Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                            Notre Dame in Provo next year!
                            We should play the game next year and then cancel on them and not play the return game.

                            Comment

                            • PaloAltoCougar
                              Semper infra dignitatem
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 16936

                              #3899
                              One hopes this will help BYU retain players considering the portal or leaving early for the NFL.

                              Comment

                              • All-American
                                Right, as Usual
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 15664

                                #3900
                                Notre Dame has 6 home games next year. BYU likely will have 7. Everything about this arrangement suggests that it should have been in South Bend in '26 and Provo in '27-- possibly even with a return trip to South Bend after that, given the recent pattern.

                                Looks like Santiago hustled them. Good for him.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                                Comment

                                Working...