Non-Conference Scheduling rumors

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #2746
    Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
    I'm fine with a home and home series with USU...if we give the UofU a 2:1.
    I can imagine a not-so-improbable scenario in which Utah is the one pushing for the rivalry game in the future. Not a 1:2 mind you, but a few more sub .500 seasons and it's back to the 70's & 80's and BYU-is-our-bowl-game mentality.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Katy Lied
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 9435

      #2747
      Yippee. Another step in the plan to set up a rivalry with USU. They hate us just as much.

      Comment

      • Flystripper
        Degenerate Gambler
        • Nov 2008
        • 14105

        #2748
        USU our new rival. If only we played in the same conference...
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

        Comment

        • Vic Vega
          Junior Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 552

          #2749
          Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          I just don't see who will fill in the holes with the uneven deals we've been giving out. USU was one of the teams that could make up the difference. I don't care about playing USU on rivalry weekend. They aren't our rival.
          I'm disappointed for the same reason. I'd rather play a random team like Middle Tennessee State 1:1 than USU.

          If USU starts sucking again, this better go back to 2:1.

          The biggest question to me of Indy who is going to fill in the lopsided series's with Texas, ND, Nebraska, etc... going forward.
          Last edited by Vic Vega; 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM.

          Comment

          • The_Douger
            Athletic Supporter
            • Jun 2012
            • 5413

            #2750
            It seems like it elevates their status. They've had one good year in, well, forever.

            I don't like it.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

            Comment

            • LiveCoug
              LA Ute loves me
              • Nov 2008
              • 18489

              #2751
              Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              It seems like it elevates their status. They've had one good year in, well, forever.

              I don't like it.
              I think USU making the jump to MWC has elevated their status as well.

              I'm cool with it, honestly.

              Comment

              • myboynoah
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 21719

                #2752
                I'm okay with it for no other reason than it makes the UofUtah schedule them H/H as well.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                Comment

                • Maximus
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 6027

                  #2753
                  Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                  BYU goes home and home with USU

                  BYU and Utah State has changed the scheduling agreement, including adding another game to the t


                  I'm fine with it.
                  except we desperately need every lopsided home series we can get.

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #2754
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    I'm okay with it for no other reason than it makes the UofUtah schedule them H/H as well.
                    Don't count in it
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • San Juan Sun
                      Kicked to the curb
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 9214

                      #2755
                      Love this thread. I enjoy watching people talk themselves into accepting crap scheduling.
                      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                      - Ty Cobb

                      Comment

                      • The_Douger
                        Athletic Supporter
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 5413

                        #2756
                        Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        Don't count in it
                        Let us know when you get an uneven deal with them.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18489

                          #2757
                          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          Don't count in it
                          Hasn't USU UU always been HH?

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #2758
                            Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                            Let us know when you get an uneven deal with them.
                            2012 @ Logan
                            2013 @ RES
                            2015 @ RES

                            Future Schedules
                            Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • Jarid in Cedar
                              CS Institutional Memory
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 13234

                              #2759
                              As long as BYU is a regular on the schedule, I don't think that we will be playing USU very much in the future.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                              -Rick Majerus

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #2760
                                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                2012 @ Logan
                                2013 @ RES
                                2015 @ RES
                                Yeah, you bought out a game for that. Lemme know when the initial deal is uneven.

                                I don't think they'll be doing those with BYU or UU going forward.

                                It's kinda sad, I always liked watching that game each year.
                                Last edited by The_Douger; 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...