The Official 2026 BYU Football Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All-American
    Right, as Usual
    • Nov 2008
    • 15664

    #31
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post

    No indications that they are transferring. I’m choosing to take that as a good sign (and probably means they’re ironing out any wrinkles in the contract).
    Agreed-- if they were entertaining transfers at all, you'd expect they would be in the portal.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

    Comment

    • Green Monstah
      Royal Rooter
      • Aug 2010
      • 13955

      #32
      Kyle Kasper, WR xfer from Oregon. He must have huge upside, because I think he has 3 receptions in two years in Eugene.

      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

      "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

      Comment

      • BigPiney
        Huge Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 12365

        #33
        Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        Kyle Kasper, WR xfer from Oregon. He must have huge upside, because I think he has 3 receptions in two years in Eugene.
        sounds often injured. 6'6" is tall.

        Comment

        • Green Monstah
          Royal Rooter
          • Aug 2010
          • 13955

          #34
          This is the guy I had in mind with “underwhelming”. I am not even sure we snag a RB in the portal. But if Lyons and the two LBs come through, that may be all we need.

          If Schmev stays, we will have retained all key returning players. Thats incredible.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69689

            #35
            Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            Kyle Kasper, WR xfer from Oregon. He must have huge upside, because I think he has 3 receptions in two years in Eugene.
            His brother may be the ultimate target.

            Father Kevin Kasper played at Iowa from 1997-2000 and was a 6th round pick of the Denver Broncos. Older brother Kyler was a four-star WR prospect in the '22...
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • BigPiney
              Huge Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 12365

              #36
              I want Joshua Dye from SUU - This past season he had: 295 carries, 1,831 YDS. 28 TD and a 6.2 average

              Comment

              • Jeff Lebowski
                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                • Nov 2008
                • 69689

                #37
                Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                I want Joshua Dye from SUU - This past season he had: 295 carries, 1,831 YDS. 28 TD and a 6.2 average
                Same.

                We need depth at RB in a bad way. Massive drop off when LJ is not in.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                Comment

                • All-American
                  Right, as Usual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 15664

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                  Same.

                  We need depth at RB in a bad way. Massive drop off when LJ is not in.
                  Agreed-- though I do think Damuni has shown a few sparks.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                  Comment

                  • Green Monstah
                    Royal Rooter
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13955

                    #39
                    I agree that an RB would be a smart pickup. If Eka can come in and be a difference maker, I may be okay with this lineup.

                    1. LJ
                    2. Eka (true frosh)
                    3. Moa
                    4. Damuni
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                    "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37976

                      #40
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post

                      Agreed-- though I do think Damuni has shown a few sparks.
                      I thought he looked good against GT
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Green Monstah
                        Royal Rooter
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 13955

                        #41
                        Lafau (TX LB) commits to Colorado.

                        hopefully it’s because car Uluave is headed our way.

                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                        "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                        Comment

                        • Jeff Lebowski
                          Corporate lackey for Jesus
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 69689

                          #42
                          Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                          Lafau (TX LB) commits to Colorado.

                          hopefully it’s because car Uluave is headed our way.
                          Boy, that is a disappointment. Why would someone want to go to Colorado these days? Seemed like a train wreck last semester.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                          Comment

                          • beefytee
                            Board eye candy
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 7542

                            #43

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69689

                              #44
                              Phew. That is huge.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              • myboynoah
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 21719

                                #45
                                Wow. I was sure LJ was gone.

                                Probably will make more money this next year at BYU than on an NFL contract.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                                For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                                Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                                Comment

                                Working...