The Independent Expansion Groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #2251
    In case nobody saw, the ND series is 4 South Bend and 2 Provo.

    Oh well.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69711

      #2252
      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      In case nobody saw, the ND series is 4 South Bend and 2 Provo.

      Oh well.
      I would not have agreed to that. Bummer.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • landpoke
        Never once baby snatched
        • Nov 2008
        • 4183

        #2253
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        In case nobody saw, the ND series is 4 South Bend and 2 Provo.

        Oh well.
        I'm not so good with the maths, that's better than a 2 for 1 right? Because 4 is more than 2.
        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

        Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

        Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
        …
        Tomorrow is Saturday
        And Sunday comes afterwards

        Comment

        • Moliere
          One man.....one pie
          • Oct 2009
          • 27884

          #2254
          Originally posted by OrangeUte View Post
          are you saying i have my dates wrong? byu played at syracuse in 2001 and at provo in 2002.
          2001 was Crowton's first year as head coach. We only lost to Hawaii and someone in the Liberty Bowl (not Syracuse). If we played Syracuse in 2001 that means we beat them, which I know we didn't since I saw that game in a bowling alley and we were getting killed.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #2255
            Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
            2001 was Crowton's first year as head coach. We only lost to Hawaii and someone in the Liberty Bowl (not Syracuse). If we played Syracuse in 2001 that means we beat them, which I know we didn't since I saw that game in a bowling alley and we were getting killed.
            2000 we played at Syracuse and got drummed. They came to Provo in 2002 and we drummed them.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • statman
              Rabblerouser
              • Aug 2009
              • 2799

              #2256
              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
              Does Plaschke have any clue what he's talking about? Revivals? Do we really travel that well? In comparison to certain MWC teams, sure. I wouldn't really know as I don't travel to away games.
              BYU travels VERY well.

              Actually, it does and it doesn't. When BYU comes to town, fans who don't regularly go to BYU games flock to those games. BYU brought 15-20K to Arlington last year for the OK game. TCU is having a hard time matching those number 10 miles from campus.

              On a national scene, there are very few programs that could travel 1200 miles and bring in 20K fans to a non-bowl game. Or to a bowl game for that matter...

              Comment

              • statman
                Rabblerouser
                • Aug 2009
                • 2799

                #2257
                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                In case nobody saw, the ND series is 4 South Bend and 2 Provo.

                Oh well.
                I know I heard specifically 3 & 3. But it wouldn't be the first time 1280 got something wrong.

                4 Away v 2 Home is what we've played against them so far. Are you sure you're not mixing up past games with future games?

                Comment

                • Coach McGuirk
                  1
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12109

                  #2258
                  Was it common knowledge that the mtn was about to get on dish network?


                  Well they aren't anymore apparently...

                  Comment

                  • statman
                    Rabblerouser
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 2799

                    #2259
                    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    I would put BYU in the top 15 in the country in regards to getting fans to away games. Now unlike a lot of schools most of those fans are not traveling from utah to get to the games. BYU has a true national fan base with its ties to the LDS church.

                    You would be surprised at how well represented BYU is at all road games.
                    Especially road games a LONG way from Provo. BYU travels long distances exceptionally well.

                    Comment

                    • statman
                      Rabblerouser
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 2799

                      #2260
                      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      Was it common knowledge that the mtn was about to get on dish network?


                      Well they aren't anymore apparently...
                      The mtn is in big big trouble. The MWC too, imho...

                      Comment

                      • SloanHater
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 1348

                        #2261
                        Originally posted by statman View Post
                        BYU travels VERY well.

                        Actually, it does and it doesn't. When BYU comes to town, fans who don't regularly go to BYU games flock to those games. BYU brought 15-20K to Arlington last year for the OK game. TCU is having a hard time matching those number 10 miles from campus.

                        On a national scene, there are very few programs that could travel 1200 miles and bring in 20K fans to a non-bowl game. Or to a bowl game for that matter...
                        Where did you pull out this number?

                        Comment

                        • Coach McGuirk
                          1
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 12109

                          #2262
                          Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                          Where did you pull out this number?
                          Your ass. That seems to be the origin for most made up shit.

                          Comment

                          • Sizzle
                            #ThisIsY
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9004

                            #2263
                            Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            Was it common knowledge that the mtn was about to get on dish network?


                            Well they aren't anymore apparently...
                            Bwahahahahaha. I love sticking it to Thompson, and his baby "the mtn".

                            Isn't is sad that BYU alone can rake in almost as much revenue on their own TV deal as the entire Mountain West Conference?

                            Comment

                            • SloanHater
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 1348

                              #2264
                              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                              Your ass. That seems to be the origin for most made up shit.
                              Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                              You have me confused with cougjunkie.
                              ...

                              Comment

                              • Blueintheface
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 15382

                                #2265
                                Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                                I'm not so good with the maths, that's better than a 2 for 1 right? Because 4 is more than 2.
                                Poke, since you are the lone Cowboy (I think) on CUF, why do you think Wyoming was so quick to announce that they would not schedule BYU in the future? If nothing else doesn't a Wyoming/BYU matchup inspire a sort of Bin Ladin/Randy Coutoure patriotism among the fanbase?
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                                "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                                Comment

                                Working...