Chris > Kyle > Gary > Bronco

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SloanHater
    Banned
    • Feb 2009
    • 1348

    #121
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Do you count yourself? That's never been clear to me. Alabama was one of the top 5 teams outside of Utah. TCU will be ranked lower than no. 6 in the final 09 poll.
    I won't leave you on this island Seattle, even if it is self-made.

    I agree with you that Utah's win was more impressive. Utah would have had better odds of going undefeated with Boise's schedule. Utah as a program has accomplished just as much as Boise St.

    You don't have to fight so hard to defend Kyle/Utah's honor. I love Kyle. I think he is one of the ten best coaches in the nation.

    I simply think right now, in this very moment, Chris Petersen is a more accomplished coach. Hopefully that will change next year when Kyle wins his first National Championship continuing the trend of Utah paving the way for little guys like Boise and BYU.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #122
      Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
      I won't leave you on this island Seattle, even if it is self-made.

      I agree with you that Utah's win was more impressive. Utah as a program has accomplished just as much as Boise St. You don't have to fight so hard to defend Kyle/Utah's honor. I love Kyle. I think he is one of the ten best coaches in the nation.

      I simply think right now, in this very moment, Chris Petersen is a more accomplished coach. Hopefully that will change next year when Kyle wins his first National Championship continuing the trend of Utah paving the way for little guys like Boise and BYU.
      BYU paved the way with a 1984 national championship and it paved the way for Utah playing in the BCS with the ruckus raised during the 1996 season. Utah isn't trailblazing anything here.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #123
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Of course you don't count yourself. "We're number zero! We're number zero!"

        I prefer yelling "We're {0,1}!"
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • SloanHater
          Banned
          • Feb 2009
          • 1348

          #124
          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          BYU paved the way with a 1984 national championship and it paved the way for Utah playing in the BCS with the ruckus raised during the 1996 season. Utah isn't trailblazing anything here.
          You're right, I guess you can't call going to BCS games without an automatic bid trailblazing. More like trendsetting.

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #125
            Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
            You're right, I guess you can't call going to BCS games without an automatic bid trailblazing. More like trendsetting.
            Or you could say that it's all BYU's fault.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Coastal Ute
              Monkey Feelings
              • Nov 2009
              • 613

              #126
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              Or you could say that it's all BYU's fault.
              I like your style.

              I find it kind of funny how confident some BYU fans are about Utah vs. Boise in 2011. I've never seen so many sports fans reassure themselves about a future rival teams losses like BYU fans do. I think I'm on to something.
              "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

              "Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
              -John Heisman

              Comment

              • byu71
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22070

                #127
                Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                its been many years since BSU and the WAC have allowed non-qualifiers and prop 48 kids
                Thanks, I won't be using that false information anymoe. I hate when you can't trust information you read on a board.

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14094

                  #128
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Thanks, I won't be using that false information anymoe. I hate when you can't trust information you read on a board.
                  I know I know..I am looking for a link. I know I saw an actual article about 4-5 years ago but I can't find it now....that must prove that Boise takes non and partial qualifiers.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • woot
                    Resident Science Cop
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5531

                    #129
                    This thread is surprising. I thought the populace of CUF was better than this CB-esque partisanship. SU is probably the worst offender, particularly with his blanket accusations of rooting against Utah last year and basing his entire image of his team on 04 and 08 while ignoring due to rebuilding (a debatable proposition).

                    I rooted for Utah last year, just like I rooted for TCU this year. I was surprised at the outcome in both games. The presence of the MWC on this stage is good either way.

                    Comment

                    • Flattop
                      Many books, little time
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 1452

                      #130
                      Each of the four coaches discussed in this thread are great coaches. Whatever similarities or differences in their claims to greatness, they are still great.

                      I am happy to have Kyle as the coach of the team I root for. BYU fans are appropriately happy to have Bronco as their coach. BSU fans are obviously happy with their coach, and, despite last night, Frog fans no doubt are as well.

                      (Btw, if kyle is only a one hit wonder, his one hit is still greater than any of the hits Bronco has produced. 4 ten win seasons, with 2 MWC titles, are 4 really good hits, but not as big, individually, as beating Alabama in the sugar bowl. Additionally, 5 straight bowls wins look like hits to me.)
                      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                      Comment

                      • beefytee
                        Board eye candy
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 7542

                        #131
                        Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                        Each of the four coaches discussed in this thread are great coaches. Whatever similarities or differences in their claims to greatness, they are still great.

                        I am happy to have Kyle as the coach of the team I root for. BYU fans are appropriately happy to have Bronco as their coach. BSU fans are obviously happy with their coach, and, despite last night, Frog fans no doubt are as well.

                        (Btw, if kyle is only a one hit wonder, his one hit is still greater than any of the hits Bronco has produced. 4 ten win seasons, with 2 MWC titles, are 4 really good hits, but not as big, individually, as beating Alabama in the sugar bowl. Additionally, 5 straight bowls wins look like hits to me.)
                        Great post.

                        Make it seem all cumbayaish in the first part and then in what looks like an aside or a postscript, throw in the dagger between parenthesis.

                        Comment

                        • Flattop
                          Many books, little time
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 1452

                          #132
                          Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          Great post.

                          Make it seem all cumbayaish in the first part and then in what looks like an aside or a postscript, throw in the dagger between parenthesis.
                          I'm trying to give everybody their due while standing up for Kyle.
                          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                          Comment

                          • Goatnapper'96
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 10924

                            #133
                            Originally posted by woot View Post
                            This thread is surprising. I thought the populace of CUF was better than this CB-esque partisanship. SU is probably the worst offender, particularly with his blanket accusations of rooting against Utah last year and basing his entire image of his team on 04 and 08 while ignoring due to rebuilding (a debatable proposition).

                            I rooted for Utah last year, just like I rooted for TCU this year. I was surprised at the outcome in both games. The presence of the MWC on this stage is good either way.
                            I worry that when CUF starts seeing itself as "better" than the dipshiteye at either Utefans or Cougarboard, the end has come. Part of actually being better is to not take oneself or a message board too serious. Seattle is having his fun and it makes for a humorous day to go along with it.

                            Where is Comrade "Nacho Libre" Crimson when he is needed?

                            I rooted for Bama last year because I am petty. I rooted for TCU yesterday and like you I was surprised in the outcome of both games.

                            Mostly what I like about CUF is that we have a special cool kid club and Rosebud ain't in it!
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

                            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

                            Comment

                            • Goatnapper'96
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10924

                              #134
                              Originally posted by USS Utah View Post
                              I'm trying to give everybody their due while standing up for Kyle.
                              I really think Kyle needs nobody to stand up for him. Even when he can't win as many games as Mendenhall, which I think is most seasons, he is still an obvious outstanding college head coach. His record speaks for itself.

                              I like Kyle a lot.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

                              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

                              Comment

                              • Flattop
                                Many books, little time
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 1452

                                #135
                                Mostly what I like about CUF is that we have a special cool kid club and Rosebud ain't in it!
                                Dang it! Not another board with a cool club! There's always a cool club, and I'm never in it.
                                Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                                Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                                Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

                                Comment

                                Working...