Lakers

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CJF
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8497

    #3256
    The Lakers just increased the overall intelligence of their team.

    "Its official I AM A LOS ANGLES LAKER. I wanna thank u for all ur patients and understanding. This is a dream come true!!! Good lookn Kobe," Barnes posted on his Twitter feed.
    Seriously, WTF is the Kobe comment about?
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3257
      The Lakers have improved their bench quite a bit, particularly if Caracter and Ebanks continue to progress as they have this summer. They now have a number of guys defensively to throw at the league's best. I am amped for this season to start.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #3258
        So the Lakers are shopping Sasha. They're pairing him with a future 1st round pick to move his $5 million salary. Apparently they offered this deal to the Cabs for Delonte West. Thank heavens they said no.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #3259
          Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
          The Lakers are quietly having themselves a nice little off-season:





          Those are very subtle signings but both could be really nice pieces in filling out another Championship team--especially Barnes, of course. The bench has been officially upgraded. Count Shannon Brown as the latest fool trying to flex on Dr. Buss only to be hit with reality. It was a lot of fun watching Shannon dunk over the past couple years. I wish him well.
          Dude I love your avatar. Rick Caine. Awesome. I am going to have to bring back Turtle as mine.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • HBCoug
            Peanut Gallery Asshat
            • Dec 2008
            • 2082

            #3260
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Dude I love your avatar. Rick Caine. Awesome. I am going to have to bring back Turtle as mine.
            Eh, you know the guy, Rick Kane ... he gonna stomp your ass! Absolutely bring back Turtle and see if you can convince Gidget to break out Kiani. Maybe BYU71 or one of our elder statesmen can be Chandler. Soul surfers, kook.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #3261
              The roster is set. Shannon signed yesterday and Ebanks and Caracter both agreed to terms today. I love this team. This roster is stacked. Let the games begin.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • FN Phat
                I ♥ gateway sex
                • Feb 2009
                • 8691

                #3262
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                The roster is set. Shannon signed yesterday and Ebanks and Caracter both agreed to terms today. I love this team. This roster is stacked. Let the games begin.
                I'm not hot on Ebanks. Could be that he played for WVU and Huggins. Derrick Caracter reminds me of another young DC (Derrick Coleman). I think he has the potential to be a big asset for the Lakers but has to let his work ethic take over and make a name for himself as a gym rat.
                I'm your huckleberry.


                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #3263
                  Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  I'm not hot on Ebanks. Could be that he played for WVU and Huggins. Derrick Caracter reminds me of another young DC (Derrick Coleman). I think he has the potential to be a big asset for the Lakers but has to let his work ethic take over and make a name for himself as a gym rat.
                  I really like both of these rookies. They were the two best players in Vegas this summer not named John Wall.

                  Ebanks showed some touch on his jumper, but his defense is Ariza like. Caracter was a beast and rebounding machine. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them traded with Sasha sometime this year. I really think DC can have an impact.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #3264
                    God bless the best owner in sports.



                    On O'Neal signing with the Celtics: "I think there's a lot of rivalry and a lot of emotions in these things. Shaq and Kobe have a little thing going as to who wins the most rings and so Shaq signing with Boston sets up a potential showdown. I like the drama, I think it's fabulous. You can't help but love Shaq. He's still Shaquille O'Neal. He's still a very funny man, sometimes he gets a little carried away in his analysis of former employers, but outside of that he's quite a guy and we look forward to [playing Boston]."
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • aronaldox7

                      #3265
                      Lakers

                      I don't like Lakers. I just hate them.

                      Comment

                      • New Mexican Disaster
                        Suomalainen
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4549

                        #3266
                        Originally posted by aronaldox7 View Post
                        I don't like Lakers. I just hate them.
                        What a unique perspective.

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #3267
                          Artest will be wearing #15 this season. Same number he wore when he came into the league with the Bulls if I am not mistaken.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #3268
                            I thought he was gay. Go ahead Sasha.

                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #3269
                              Didn't know where to put this, but it looks like Shaq is going Odom and going to bag himself his own reality star. Rumors out there he is engaged to Hoopz.. I was hoping it'd be Pumpkin.



                              I'm sorry but I could never hook up with the sloppy seconds of this dude, no matter how hot she is:

                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • FN Phat
                                I ♥ gateway sex
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 8691

                                #3270
                                Hoopz was bangin' back in the day. Her and Flav only made out. He never tapped that.
                                I'm your huckleberry.


                                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                                Comment

                                Working...