"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Maybe Sloan should have been playing the actual team together in the preseason!
    The rhythm developed between Deron, Jefferson and Jeffers, Thompson, and Nichols is really paying dividends.

Deron saying the preseason was important because the team had to work out kinks and get familiar with each other...what nonsense. Sloan made the right moves. Glad to hear Greg Miller come out last night and remind everyone that no matter what the team or coach does, Sloan will coach in Utah until he decides to leave.

Comment

• I have no doubt that CJ Miles is the dumbest player in the entire league. At this point, I don't think there can be any further explanation for how despicably bad he is on defense. Lazy? Yes, that too. But just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Comment

• Talk about the perfect box score to explain a loss:

Shot locations for Phoenix:

At rim: 17-24, 71%
        3-pointers: 10-26, 58%
        16-23 feet: 5-14

Shot locations for Utah:

At rim: 18-31, 58%
        3-pointers: 3-13, 35%
        16-23 feet: 7-21

Jazz missing point blank shots, Phoenix filling it up at the rim and killing it from deep. And the Jazz continue to shoot more long 2's than their opponents.

Comment

• The wing position is putrid. AK has been terrible, but what can you do. There is nobody else on the team who can play the 3...or the 2. And as I've said before, the backups barely belong in the NBA.

Fess played OK (4 pts 4 reb, 1 ast, 1 blk in 7 min), so I was disappointed to see Elson in the 2nd half. Not that it mattered. I just really think there's no point in ever playing Elson.

Memo can't get back soon enough. As if the starters aren't bad enough, we don't have a single bench player. Sap is going to the bench as soon as Memo is back, so I'm starting to think we might as well start him on the bench now. He can still get 30+ minutes and go for 6th man of the year. We need a scoring threat off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Are you a Jazz fan or did you lose money on the game?
            Being a Jazz fan means you have constantly to live with a sense of loss. Not literally- it's strictly figurative. We already know the Jazz are really just a bunch of losers.
            "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
            -John Heisman

Comment

• Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
              Being a Jazz fan means you have constantly to live with a sense of loss. Not literally- it's strictly figurative. We already know the Jazz are really just a bunch of losers.
              And they accuse us of being an overly optimistic bunch.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                The wing position is putrid. AK has been terrible, but what can you do. There is nobody else on the team who can play the 3...or the 2. And as I've said before, the backups barely belong in the NBA.
                Through two games Elder Hayward is our best wing.

Comment

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd actually say Jeremy Evans, even though he didn't play (that I saw) against Phoenix. "Too Big Yo" would be #2.

Raja Bell has been absolutely disappointing. CJ has been horrendous. AK has been bad as well.

Comment

Kinda my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                        I'd actually say Jeremy Evans, even though he didn't play (that I saw) against Phoenix. "Too Big Yo" would be #2.

Raja Bell has been absolutely disappointing. CJ has been horrendous. AK has been bad as well.
                        DNP. That's why he doesn't get to be best wing through two games.

Comment

• CJ Collins is without a doubt the stupidest player in the NBA. Calling him a shit-for-brains is an insult to those with shit-for-brains. I love that his goal this year was to win the "Most Improved Player" or the "6th man" award. I hope he contracts a venereal disease and his penis falls off. Have a hot dog and some Hennessey on me, douch bag!

Jerry, please don't put this sack of shit on the court any more. All he does is foul, get pushed to the floor on layups by a Euro, and run out of gas in 2 min on the court. Air-ball a wide open 3? Run the lane with the ball held high like Dr. J only to get swatted at the rim by a small forward? You need to wear a helmet and ride the short bus you window-licking ass hat.

I think what I'm trying to say is that CJ isn't who I had hoped he would be given his play in last years playoffs.

Rant over.

Deron, you need to play better and thanks for coming back fat.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                            CJ Collins is without a doubt the stupidest player in the NBA. Calling him a shit-for-brains is an insult to those with shit-for-brains. I love that his goal this year was to win the "Most Improved Player" or the "6th man" award. I hope he contracts a venereal disease and his penis falls off. Have a hot dog and some Hennessey on me, douch bag!

Jerry, please don't put this sack of shit on the court any more. All he does is foul, get pushed to the floor on layups by a Euro, and run out of gas in 2 min on the court. Air-ball a wide open 3? Run the lane with the ball held high like Dr. J only to get swatted at the rim by a small forward? You need to wear a helmet and ride the short bus you window-licking ass hat.

I think what I'm trying to say is that CJ isn't who I had hoped he would be given his play in last years playoffs.

Rant over.

Deron, you need to play better and thanks for coming back fat.
                            The Jazz literally don't have enough wing players to not play CJ. It's a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              No, you forgot overplaying the pass in the corner and completely leaving your guy open for a backdoor layup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                                The Jazz literally don't have enough wing players to not play CJ. It's a joke.
                                I think than the pick of Gordon Hayward rather than a big might have made more sense than Jazz fans will admit to. I'm not saying he's the player that needs to be in that position but it's obvious that the Jazz for a decade haven't had someone consistent enough to put at that position and they felt they could fill Boozers roll through free agency.

If GH can adjust to the 3-pt line and avoid getting hit in the face by D-Will he might be able to fill a roll. I don't see it yet, but he's 2 games into what I hope is a long career so I'll wait and see. As for the other guys, we've seen this bad movie before and walked out on it. Enough said.

Have I mentioned how disappointed I am in CJ?
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X