"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18763

    #20146
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Next goal is to get max trade value for Clarkson, Bogey, and Conley and try to be as young and awful as possible in 2022 to give them the best possible shot at Wembanyama.
    For sentimental reasons, I kind of want Clarkson to be on the team. Bogey and Conley can go eff themselves and play somewhere else.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25276

      #20147
      Originally posted by Commando View Post

      Maybe not. But from what I hear he's not the only prize horse in the race this year.
      I think he's the consensus #1 (people saying Scoot Henderson are being contrarian for the sake of argument--like those people back in 2003 who were saying that LeBron was unproven and maybe Melo should be the #1 pick). But even if that's not the case, and there are multiple prizes worth winning, all the more reason to tank.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #20148
        Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

        For sentimental reasons, I kind of want Clarkson to be on the team. Bogey and Conley can go eff themselves and play somewhere else.
        I like all three of those players. I get why Mike not be a wise keep as he is quite expensive in his twilight years, but I love Bogey and Clarkson's game.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #20149
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

          I think he's the consensus #1 (people saying Scoot Henderson are being contrarian for the sake of argument--like those people back in 2003 who were saying that LeBron was unproven and maybe Melo should be the #1 pick). But even if that's not the case, and there are multiple prizes worth winning, all the more reason to tank.
          I'm sure Danny Ainge is on it. I'm a little burned out on the Jazz at the moment.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #20150
            now that the jazz are in the game, this stuff is fun and relevant

            my top 5 in no particular order as things could change based on their performances this upcoming season

            victor wembenyama
            cam whitmore
            scoot henderson
            GG Jackson
            Matas Buzelis (still some doubt about whether he'll be in the 2023 draft, but i think he will be)

            other potential star talent that could move up into that top 5 - Nick Smith, Dariq Whitehead, Keyonte George, Amen and Ausar Thompson, Kel'el Ware and Dillon Mitchell.

            Wembenyama is definitely the prize (though i'm not entirely convinced - need to see more from him - he needs to take a leap this season and i'd say the same about Scoot), but regardless of whether you get VW, it appears to be a loaded draft at the top. if the jazz can get into the top 5, they have real chance at getting a dude.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Applejack
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2012
              • 3813

              #20151
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Next goal is to get max trade value for Clarkson, Bogey, and Conley and try to be as young and awful as possible in 2022 to give them the best possible shot at Wembanyama.
              It will cost us draft picks to trade Conley. Conley is a jazzman 4 life, unfortunately.

              Comment

              • Commando
                Explosivo
                • Feb 2009
                • 20748

                #20152
                Originally posted by Applejack View Post

                It will cost us draft picks to trade Conley. Conley is a jazzman 4 life, unfortunately.
                Not if L.A. wants him as part of a trade for their abysmal Westbrook contract. We can swap players + take a pick or 2 off their hands and then just waive RW.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                Comment

                • Applejack
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 3813

                  #20153
                  Rumors of clarkson to the bucks. Don’t love it because he draft picks will be trash for awhile, but good for Jordan if true.

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #20154
                    Those NY picks would have been nice. They are going to suck forever in perpetuity.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • Commando
                      Explosivo
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 20748

                      #20155
                      Also-- what a boon Clarkson was. We dumped Exum for him and he turns around to be 6th man of the year and a valuable trade asset.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment

                      • UtahJazzFan88
                        Jazz | Utes | Raiders
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 1678

                        #20156
                        Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Also-- what a boon Clarkson was. We dumped Exum for him and he turns around to be 6th man of the year and a valuable trade asset.
                        I have always liked Clarkson even though his defense occasionally is spotty.

                        Hopefully soon the Jazz will get a #1 pick either by trade or a tank.

                        Comment

                        • Commando
                          Explosivo
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 20748

                          #20157
                          Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post

                          I have always liked Clarkson even though his defense occasionally is spotty.

                          Hopefully soon the Jazz will get a #1 pick either by trade or a tank.
                          Nothing's guaranteed in the lottery, but I believe if we get somewhere in the top 5 we will have enough assets to trade up.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                          Comment

                          • smokymountainrain
                            Impressive Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22593

                            #20158
                            Ainge with a real head scratcher this morning. Hard to make much sense of it. Just have to hope it leads to something bigger and better at some point in the near future.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

                            Comment

                            • MartyFunkhouser
                              Disciple of RNGesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18763

                              #20159
                              Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              Ainge with a real head scratcher this morning. Hard to make much sense of it. Just have to hope it leads to something bigger and better at some point in the near future.
                              Yeah this trade doesn't make a lot of sense.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

                              Comment

                              • Applejack
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 3813

                                #20160
                                Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

                                Yeah this trade doesn't make a lot of sense.
                                Danny ainge Kelly olynk. Don’t know why, but he loves him a slow white big man that can shoot threes and is allergic to the paint.

                                Comment

                                Working...