"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    The TNT crew is great. Shaq is easily the weakest link - I honestly think they could bring in any number of other ex-players and be just fine. The best part about Shaq is that he's typically mumbling so I can't understand what the hell he's saying anyway.

Every time I get to a place where I begin to tolerate him, he says something so stupid I am reminded that he's an idiot.

His mid-season criticism of Mitchell - "You aren't good enough to win a championship - and I want you to hear it directly from me." And then he begins to take credit for every good game that Mitchell has - because he gave Mitchell the motivation, apparently. Someone needs to text in "Shaq - you are the absolute worst sports personality on TNT and a waste of a seat at the table with those other three." Then take credit if he ever says something semi-intelligent for motivating him to not suck.

Then his comments the other night - that the Jazz had just played their best and only won by 3. Only Shaq would see missing 21 shots in a row as someone's "best".

I'm done ranting.

Go Jazz - make the doubters #takenote
    If Utah had played their best... which would be shooting > 50% from beyond the arc... The Clippers might have just surrendered the entire series.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Then his comments the other night - that the Jazz had just played their best and only won by 3. Only Shaq would see missing 21 shots in a row as someone's "best".
      The dumbest thing about his comment was that it came immediately after he talked about how the Jazz came out very rusty and that’s to be expected when him you have 3 or 4 more days off than the other team.

So were they rusty or did they play their absolute best game? Tell us, Shaq!
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

The dumbest thing about his comment was that it came immediately after he talked about how the Jazz came out very rusty and that’s to be expected when him you have 3 or 4 more days off than the other team.

So were they rusty or did they play their absolute best game? Tell us, Shaq!
        Both. Also, Donovan played well because of Shaq.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Both. Also, Donovan played well because of Shaq.
          Omg, he is the worst.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• paul george has low testosterone
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Why was Kennard in the game at all in the last five minutes? Is Lue the dumbest coach in the nba?

Mitchell is seriously turning into a superstar. He’s learned to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I’ll be super pissed if George’s dumbass foul on Donovan in garbage time relief in an injury.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Why was Kennard in the game at all in the last five minutes? Is Lue the dumbest coach in the nba?

Mitchell is seriously turning into a superstar. He’s learned to shoot.

Because Kennard is a shooter and Beverly isn’t.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Because Kennard is a shooter and Beverly isn’t.
                    But Mitchell abuses kennard every single time

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

But Mitchell abuses kennard every single time

They had to score points. Kennard gives you a better chance of doing that. You aren’t really shutting down Mitchell, so take that out of the equation.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• falafel has a point, but lue really is terrible.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

They had to score points. Kennard gives you a better chance of doing that. You aren’t really shutting down Mitchell, so take that out of the equation.
                          I guess it’s a risk/reward scenario and it just seems to me that the evidence is that kennard isn’t scoring much late in games and he’s also giving up easy points on the other end. But there’s a reason I’m on my couch during the game and not on the clippers bench…

I do love seeing the clippers lose and seeing Balmer lose. They were supposed to be a super team and they are realizing the playoff P is a dud. I suspect playoff P will go off for 40+ in either game 3 or 4 but then he’ll be one of the reason the clippers lose this series.

Comment

• Kennard might've been in there to give some scoring, but they sure didn't act like it. The one shot he takes all night is when one of the stars drives, defense collapses, and the driver throws it to Kennard in the corner for an open three - that he hits. So now I'm thinking "Great - now they're going to get him going too" - and that was the only time they went to him. Weird.

I'm glad the Jazz figured out how to pull out the win in spite of the sudden zone defense throwing them for a loop. Now that they've seen it, it gives them time to figure it out before the next game.

Comment

Kennard might've been in there to give some scoring, but they sure didn't act like it. The one shot he takes all night is when one of the stars drives, defense collapses, and the driver throws it to Kennard in the corner for an open three - that he hits. So now I'm thinking "Great - now they're going to get him going too" - and that was the only time they went to him. Weird.

I'm glad the Jazz figured out how to pull out the win in spite of the sudden zone defense throwing them for a loop. Now that they've seen it, it gives them time to figure it out before the next game.
                              Utah missed a bunch of open shots early in the Zone D switch. If they hit a couple of those, LA comes right back out of it. But they also passed on a lot of good shots early in the offense when LA went to the zone. And that is where I suspect they’ll improve with some practice.

Re the Lue discussion above, he is not a good coach. But he has designed some pretty nifty plays out of timeouts in both games. I’ll give him credit for that.

I was not a fan of Utah’s offense in the last 3 minutes. Run the clock down and get a low % contested shot is not way to play not to lose (and often, lose). Hope we don’t see that again.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Went to the game last night and it was incredible. So good to be back in a packed arena. Jazz fans are a unique breed, an endearing/annoying combination of the BYU fan (whiny persecution complex), Aggie fan (angry grudge holding), and Ute fan (aggressive boorishness). But we’re loud and fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X