Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ingles is going to have to beast out tonight. Not as confident without Conley, but... Donny's not going to be too passive on this one. Can't wait.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment


    • I'm hoping whatever chemistry issues the Clippers have been experiencing, the Jazz can put enough pressure on them to get them to melt.

      Kwai is a great leader from the "get on my back and I'll carry you" perspective, but he doesn't seem to be the vocal leader that teams need to fall in line behind at times. Honestly - I kind of wonder if that isn't part of the problem the Clippers have had. Playoff P doesn't come across as a leader either.

      I'd prefer Conley play. But even without him, as long as we get an "average" Clarkson, Bogey, and Ingles instead of them sucking like they have at times, I really like the Jazz's chances.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        I'm hoping whatever chemistry issues the Clippers have been experiencing, the Jazz can put enough pressure on them to get them to melt.

        Kwai is a great leader from the "get on my back and I'll carry you" perspective, but he doesn't seem to be the vocal leader that teams need to fall in line behind at times. Honestly - I kind of wonder if that isn't part of the problem the Clippers have had. Playoff P doesn't come across as a leader either.

        I'd prefer Conley play. But even without him, as long as we get an "average" Clarkson, Bogey, and Ingles instead of them sucking like they have at times, I really like the Jazz's chances.
        I think if we can get out and frustrate Kawhi, that will pay huge dividends. We don't need to be leaving him open to shoot clutch 3s like the Mavs did...
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment


        • Both the Jazz and Clippers will be relieved of the young and dynamic point guard play that they saw in the quarterfinals from their opponents. Ja Morant of the Grizzlies had a 47-point game in a losing effort in Game 2 at Utah, while Doncic had three 40-point games against the Clippers in the postseason.

          But both will be tested in ways that their quarterfinal opponents could not challenge them. For the Jazz, they move from Dillon Brooks and Kyle Anderson on the wings to George and Leonard, while the Clippers offer significantly more shooting and experience. While the Clippers won’t have to deal with a player as good as Doncic, they will have to deal with the sheer balance of the Utah roster, especially considering the presence of an elite rim protector in Gobert and the multifaceted playmaking abilities of Utah’s ballhandlers led by Mitchell and Conley.
          https://theathletic.com/2639161/2021...ason-meetings/
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

          Comment


          • Comment


            • Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              I enjoyed the outcome of the game.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

              Comment


              • I like what Chuck said after the game. Donovan, as the star, just said "We're not going to lose this game".
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                Comment


                • Shaq's a bumbling dumb f*k. Sorry that's just an opinion, but he'll make any excuse to hate on Utah. "Oh the Clippers' 2 stars had really off games and Utah played their best and only beat them by 3 at home." Oh so missing 21 shots in a row in the first quarter is our best game, huh? Idiot.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                  Comment


                  • I watched the whole game and cheered for the Jazz. It was a great outcome. I hated the Jazz growing up as I didn’t like Karl or Stockton or Jerry Sloan, plus I was a magic Johnson fan. But this Jazz team is awesome. Donovan is a great player and even better person. Ingles is a lovable asshole. Clarkson was good as a Laker and is much better now. Rudy is French. What’s not to love? I’m in the Jazz bandwagon now that the lakers are out. #takenote


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      I watched the whole game and cheered for the Jazz. It was a great outcome. I hated the Jazz growing up as I didn’t like Karl or Stockton or Jerry Sloan, plus I was a magic Johnson fan. But this Jazz team is awesome. Donovan is a great player and even better person. Ingles is a lovable asshole. Clarkson was good as a Laker and is much better now. Rudy is French. What’s not to love? I’m in the Jazz bandwagon now that the lakers are out. #takenote


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      As much fun as you had w the game- trust me-- us longtime fans had an even better time. I scarcely slept last night.

                      Donovan's a monster-- he just took whatever he wanted when he wanted it. How was he not anywhere near the discussion for MVP blows my mind. The best player on the team w the best record deserves at least a cursory mention. Yeah sure Steph is great but the Warriors didn't even make the playoffs. You want to give him a medal for that valiant losing effort?
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Shaq's a bumbling dumb f*k. Sorry that's just an opinion, but he'll make any excuse to hate on Utah. "Oh the Clippers' 2 stars had really off games and Utah played their best and only beat them by 3 at home." Oh so missing 21 shots in a row in the first quarter is our best game, huh? Idiot.
                        I hate that doofus.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                          I hate that doofus.
                          I like Shaq on the TNT crew. He's just playing the opposite side for argument/ratings.

                          I don't like his tinted glasses though.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                          "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by falafel View Post

                            I like Shaq on the TNT crew. He's just playing the opposite side for argument/ratings.

                            I don't like his tinted glasses though.
                            That's the thing-- I usually don't have too big of a problem and he can really be funny and gregarious. He just comes off as super insecure at times and it's off-putting. And the tinted glasses makes it so you can't tell what he's thinking at any given time or if he's even awake during the show.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by falafel View Post

                              I like Shaq on the TNT crew. He's just playing the opposite side for argument/ratings.

                              I don't like his tinted glasses though.
                              by far the best collection of sports personalities on any comparable show
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                              Comment


                              • The TNT crew is great. Shaq is easily the weakest link - I honestly think they could bring in any number of other ex-players and be just fine. The best part about Shaq is that he's typically mumbling so I can't understand what the hell he's saying anyway.

                                Every time I get to a place where I begin to tolerate him, he says something so stupid I am reminded that he's an idiot.

                                His mid-season criticism of Mitchell - "You aren't good enough to win a championship - and I want you to hear it directly from me." And then he begins to take credit for every good game that Mitchell has - because he gave Mitchell the motivation, apparently. Someone needs to text in "Shaq - you are the absolute worst sports personality on TNT and a waste of a seat at the table with those other three." Then take credit if he ever says something semi-intelligent for motivating him to not suck.

                                Then his comments the other night - that the Jazz had just played their best and only won by 3. Only Shaq would see missing 21 shots in a row as someone's "best".

                                I'm done ranting.

                                Go Jazz - make the doubters #takenote

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X